Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  iceturkee : (01 October 2014 - 01:25 PM) As Far As I Know 100 % Vets Can't Fly Space A. I Last Checked About 3 Years Ago.
@  red : (30 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) Any Updates On Space A Flying For 100% P&t Vets?
@  red : (30 September 2014 - 09:09 PM) Space A Flying
@  vmo : (30 September 2014 - 07:23 PM) Sah
@  cragwex : (30 September 2014 - 06:35 AM) Decision & Claims File Dispatch And Pay
@  Tbird : (29 September 2014 - 05:45 PM) Dano Thanks For Your Contribution.
@  artlouis : (29 September 2014 - 04:07 PM) Nehmer Heart Transplant
@  vet201060 : (25 September 2014 - 11:28 PM) Reduced Va Disability Rating????
@  vet201060 : (25 September 2014 - 11:27 PM) Has Anyone Personally Been Reduced, Not Asking If You Know Some But If You Have Been Reduced
@  WVSERVER : (25 September 2014 - 12:16 PM) Test
@  lcurle : (22 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Ebennies Is Down: Error Code [47]: The System Is Currently Unavailable. Please Try Again Later. If This Problem Continues, You May Contact The Dmdc Support Center (Dsc) At 800-477-8227 For Assistance.
@  Notorious Kelly : (21 September 2014 - 07:04 AM) Thanks, T, And Kudos To Kacy!
@  Tbird : (21 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Forum Is Back Up And Running. We Lost Some Posts, But Were Able To Restore All The Posts To Sep 17. A Big Thank You To Member Kacy For Volunteering And Getting This Fixed.
@  raptorick : (20 September 2014 - 10:12 PM) Posts After The 17Th Are Missing
@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds

Photo
- - - - -

Myhealthvet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 SSGMike.Ivy

SSGMike.Ivy

E-3 Seaman

• Third Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

I checked around and did not see anything posted about myhealthvet. Hopefull it is ok to post this here

About My HealtheVet

My HealtheVet (MHV) is the gateway to veteran health benefits and services. It provides access to trusted health information, links to Federal and VA benefits and resources, the Personal Health Journal, and now online VA prescription refill. In the future, MHV registrants will be able to view appointments, copay balances, and key portions of their VA medical records online, and much more! My HealtheVet is a powerful tool to help you better understand and manage your health.

Personal Health Journal
The Personal Health Journal* provides all these valuable features for managing and tracking your personal health information.
  • Personal Information – Helps you keep track of your:
    • Contact information
    • Emergency contacts
    • Health care providers
    • Treatment locations
    • Health insurance information
  • Wallet ID Card – Print your personal information on a handy, pre-formatted wallet card for convenient reference. It also has open spaces for you to list allergies and other critical medical conditions.
  • Military Health History – Record important events from your military service, exposures you think you may have experienced, and assignments related to your health history.
  • Medications, over-the-counter drugs, herbals and supplements – Record the name, starting and ending date, prescription number, and dosage.
  • Allergies – Keep track of your allergies by date, severity, reaction, diagnosis, and comments.
  • Tests – Keep track of your tests by test name, date of test, location test was performed, provider's name, results, and any comments.
  • Medical Events – Keep track of illnesses, accidents or other events by logging their date, treatment prescribed or comments regarding the event.
  • Immunizations – Record the immunization, date received, method used, and any reactions you might have.
  • Health eLogs – Track your readings for these many health aspects:
    • Blood pressure
    • Blood sugar
    • Cholesterol
    • Body temperature
    • Body weight
    • Heart rate
    • Pain
* You must register to use the Personal Health Journal.

https://www.myhealth.va.gov

Advertise Here

#2 betrayed

betrayed

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:16 AM

[b][size=2]I checked around and did not see anything posted about myhealthvet. Hopefull it is ok to post this here

https://www.myhealth.va.gov

so why did u post this?

#3 SSGMike.Ivy

SSGMike.Ivy

E-3 Seaman

• Third Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:48 AM

so why did u post this?

Initially I was hoping that posting about myhealthvet would be informative to Veterans who are not aware of this site. As with my post what the site is all about is posted and self explanatory, I use it and find it helpful.

As this site indicates 'Veteran to Veteran" but if that means no posting of informational information then forgive me, delete the post if you wish.

#4 huskerfanfl

huskerfanfl

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

Ouch LOL

You made the mistake of not complaining before you posted I guess

#5 Toposurveyor

Toposurveyor

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

SSGMike.Ivy,

Welcome to this site. Any information for veterans is appreciated. I signed up for myhealthevet at the VFW National Conv. a couple yrs ago (SLC), but have not yet looked into the available services it provides.

Yes, this is a VETERAN TO VETERAN site and any one can use or not use any info provided here.

Welcome, and I thank you for your service to our country.

Ed

Edited by Toposurveyor, 03 July 2007 - 10:23 PM.

#6 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22157 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:45 PM

Welcome,
Your first post was good. There are vets that don't know about that site,
there are vets who have forgotten about myhealthevet, and there are vets that don't play well with others, if they are in a certain mood.
Hope you stick around.
jmho,
carlie

#7 USMCVeteranChic77

USMCVeteranChic77

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

Well, I'm never in the mood to "play well with others".... so I just sit behind this keyboard & monitor and cause havoc across the internet...

(Um joking!.............. Kinda.)

:angry:

ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYY....

I just signed up for MyHealtheVet a few weeks ago.... and I can say this about it... it's not fully automatically updated (YET), but I do appreciate the services it DOES provide...

Hey the "emergency card" along was worth signing up for it in my eyes.

Plus it's a great way to refill prescriptions vice going into the Pharmacy.

I def. rec' registering for the website.

Good post.

~R.

#8 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• 21842 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

SSG Mike:

Thanks for the post for some it will be the first time they learn about it. As more Vets use it it may get better. Being able to refill prescriptions and keep vital stats handy is worth the cost of registering :angry: Just kidding its free but you have to watch a short film and get the people who control patients records to ok you getting into the system.

Evidentially they are supposed to make your clinic tests and appointments available. It was due out early this year but you know the VA.

Maybe we could talk about some uses and benefits on Hadit so that we can all learn more.

Pete

#9 Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

Isn't "Myhealthvet" an oxymoron?:-)

#10 Pete53

Pete53

• 21842 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

Isn't "Myhealthvet" an oxymoron?:-)

No more that MyHealtheVet is.

#11 Testvet

Testvet

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2478 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

I have been using it to order my meds for over a year now, it makes it easier to order them calling the numbers in was a pain in the @@@ I have 41 prescriptions clicking the check mark is a whole lot easier instead of taking over an hour to order my meds every month it takes about 2-3 minutes now.. maybe I should sign that thing and take it to the hospital so they will post the names of the drugs instead of just the script numbers lol one thing at a time

Edited by Testvet, 03 August 2007 - 07:06 PM.

#12 sgtjwhite

sgtjwhite

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:55 PM

Sgt Mike
Also enroll in "In Person Authentication"
Go to http://www.myhealth.va.gov/
scroll dn to myhealthevet click on it and once there,then click on "In Person Authentication" watch a 10min video w/Bo Derek, dnld VA Form 10-5345a-MHV fill it out. On your next visit to the VAMC go to ROI (release of information) office and have them put you into the system. You must first join myhealtevet in order to enroll in In person Authentication.Eventualy the VA will have most of your info on line at this site along w/the pharmacy prescriptions for refills on line.
P.S. You gave good info Sgt Mike...

#13 jecsb4

jecsb4

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

I do view this in a somewhat positive light, but my main concerns are privacy and security. As we all know the VA has had several episodes of personal data breaches.

If the site is hacked, all personal medical data is there along with our DOB, SS#, address, Phones numbers, and our first born red headed child.

The positive is that I think it will help the VA be more efficient is some way, I.E. RX’s

PS, I have no problems with red headed people.

#14 Pete53

Pete53

• 21842 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

Monday I tried all day to access myhealthe to download my bloop pressure and glucose readings for my Doc appointment on Tuesday. I was online at 9 AM and than I was kicked off and the site was down the entire day. I sent an email and here is the response I got. It was a complaint by the way.

I apologize for the problems that you experienced with the website.
When we take the site down for scheduled maintenance, we do post a
message on the home page, both before and during the maintenance, however on
Monday the site went down unexpectedly due to firewall problems at the
department that hosts our site. We were not aware of the problem until
later that day, as the site was still accessible within the VA
network. This was a very uncommon occurrence and we do not expect it to
happen again.

-----------------------
Message from user: Peter J. Sawyer
Reply to email address: psa343@sbcglobal.net Reply to phone number: xxx Subject of this Contact: Other [DOB not required]

Comments:
Yesterday the site went down when I was trying to access to input
information which I print to take to the Doctor. It went out at 9 AM Dallas
time and was not back up all day.

Is there anyway you could give a heads up when you are going to take it
down? This is not the first time it has not been available.

Its really no good to me if it is not more reliable.

Your experience with the My HealtheVet web site is important to us. We
would appreciate a few minutes of your time to complete this brief,
confidential survey

#15 SLEDGE

SLEDGE

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

Yesterday I saw a news segment that talked about how the Brits 'look down' on people who have red hair, including a member of the Royal Family.

Myhealthevet?
Since I'm not banned from the VA, online stuff anymore the prescription refill is very convenient.
But, the VA still refuses to prescribe anything that I really need.
Paid another 45 dollar co-pay at the local pharmacy today.
Just the co-pays will run me several thousand this year, up from 2 last year.
Gotta love that VA for the best medical care.

sledge

Advertise Here