Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  rootbeer22 : (20 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Buddy Statements
@  IraqVet : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 PM) Anyone Recieveing Letters From Vfw To Applay For Tricare And Campava Supplimantal Insurance When You Do Not Have 100% Yet....mines Pending But I Wonder If They Know Something I Dont
@  Detonator : (19 August 2014 - 10:51 AM) Insomnia
@  jbasser : (18 August 2014 - 08:29 PM) Folks, Dont Miss The Hadit Radio Show Wed At 1Pm Eastern. The Basser Hour.
@  Thadine : (18 August 2014 - 12:23 PM) Nod
@  carlie : (18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM) Notapb1 - Might Get More Replies If You Post The Questions Into The Forums.
@  notapb1 : (18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM) Looking For Feedback. I Have Applied For Iu. Was Told To Come In For A Psych Eval And Diabetes Clinic. Received A Call From Va They Were Cancelling The Psych Eval As The Doc(?) Who Did It In March(Ptsd Increase) Was Asked For His Opinion And He Was Going To Submit That. This Is The Same Individual Who Told Me Off The Record About Iu And To Contact My Service Officer. Sounds Positive To Me, But I May Be A Little Bias. Thoughts?
@  waltbarb : (16 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Appeal
@  MarkInTexas : (16 August 2014 - 04:49 PM) Just Testing This "shout" Thing....... Have A Great Weekend Everybody!
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:40 PM) I Reset Firefox And Now Can Read- Probably Kok Issue (Kitties On The Keyboard)
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM) I Couldn't Read Posts So I Changed Theme To Ipboard Mobile. Now I Can Read And It Says Hadit Custom
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:32 PM) Raymondb50 - Probably Better To Post Your Question To The Board.
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:15 PM) Raymondbb50 - What Is It That You Want ?
@  raymondb50 : (15 August 2014 - 09:47 PM) How Do I Change Member Title And Group Info In My Profile?
@  carlie : (15 August 2014 - 08:37 PM) Just Saying Hi To All
@  WoundedWarrior : (14 August 2014 - 08:50 AM) Got Unofficial Word From The Vso - Unofficially Approved For Tdiu, Effective Date 6/3/2014
@  mrmark1999 : (13 August 2014 - 06:23 PM) Ok When You Call The 1800 # You Feel Like They Allways Have Heavy Call Volume
@  Notorious Kelly : (13 August 2014 - 06:08 AM) Hi Autumn - Those Links Aren't Working Thru Shoutbox; Maybe In A Regular Post. Thanks!
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://bit.ly/1Ojvi2B : Why Would A Doctor With A Sense Of Integrity And Really Good Medical Quals Want To Work At This Thug Org? Central Office Ties Their Hands Too Boot.
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://hrld.us/1Rohsam : Progress? Only In The Va Thuggery Imagination. How Many Of Us Got Denied On Nonsensical Logic And Now Wait More Years?

Photo
- - - - -

I Got Charged For My Meds...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 jecsb4

jecsb4

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

Well I am new to this thing we call the VA. Any way, I have started to get meds by mail and low and behold I got a bill for some of them.

When the various doctors gwrote the prescriptiond for them, I asked if I had to pay and they said no, since I was a Priority 2 vet 30%.

Well I think what I should of been told is that I will have to pay for all meds that are not SC. I was not told that. I am not real upset about it, sice they are cheaper than private insurance, but I should have been told the accurate info so I could budget for them.

Anyway, I am pending an award letter increase to 80% with a back date of several years. So I call the 1-866 # on the Va invoice and they said that I need to pay and that when I get my award letter to give them a copy for a refund.

Sounds like a lot of crap and also seem like it would take months before I get a refund.

Anyone else go through this? Does this sound right?

jecsb4

Advertise Here

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21792 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:52 AM

If you are 40% or less they can make you pay copays for meds that are not prescribed for service connected problems. Your profile says you are 80% and there should be no copays.

#3 jecsb4

jecsb4

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

If you are 40% or less they can make you pay copays for meds that are not prescribed for service connected problems. Your profile says you are 80% and there should be no copays.

Pete53,

I am actually 30% pending 80% per what my SO, IRIS and 1-800 told me. So I don't have the official notice yet...mabey I posted that a little premature, but after 3 years I couldn't help it!

I am supposto to get reto back 3 years....so then these meds would be SC. But it sounds like I have to pay for them and then once I get my award request a refund, which I am sure will take months!!!

PS Can you tell me how to put my branch of service on my profile. I went to my profile but it would not let me input it.

Thanks.

PS Hope you had a good Vac!

#4 admiral7

admiral7

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

It doesn't usually take months to get your refund of past meds.When I took my award letter to the vamc my refund was sent to me within 6 weeks.It does take a llittle time to pull up all your back payments records and determine your refund but not months.Congrats on your award, live well.

#5 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22185 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

If you have dental work done while you wait for you TDIU then you should be able to ger reimbursed for it. I read that you are waiting for 80%. Are you going for TDIU as well. I got reimbursed for dental work done while waiting for my TDIU appeal. It was a few thousands of dollars. The VA will hem and haw but you go through "unauthorized expenses" at fee base.

#6 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 22006 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

If you have low or no income you can request finance at VA to waive
your RX co-pays and it's usually no problem.
carlie

#7 jecsb4

jecsb4

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

If you have dental work done while you wait for you TDIU then you should be able to ger reimbursed for it. I read that you are waiting for 80%. Are you going for TDIU as well. I got reimbursed for dental work done while waiting for my TDIU appeal. It was a few thousands of dollars. The VA will hem and haw but you go through "unauthorized expenses" at fee base.

John 999,

I do need dental work but I thought you couldn't get it done at the VA unless you were SC for teeth jaw issues. So I don't know. I am so new to this I will have to look inot the TDIU process. I know I am just hanging on at work.

Jescb4

#8 Guest_jangrin_*GuestMember

Guest_jangrin_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:42 AM

I would go ahead and pay the bill and then request a refund. While we were waiting for the VA to grant the claim and for my husband to get service connected we were billed for APPOINTMENTS AND MEDS, we didn't have the money to pay the bill so we let it ride. (that was a mistake)The VA attached my husbands SSDI check to get their money.

They will get it one way or another. I would pay now if you can and then ask for the refund when you get the notification of award.

Jangrin

#9 USMCVeteranChic77

USMCVeteranChic77

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

jecsb4 ~ don't mean to "hijack" your thread here...

But.... I have an additional Q onto this...

I am now 60% S/C... and I was paying for my meds up until this month (or so I have yet to receive a bill)...

Should I get a refund for all the meds I paid for prior to getting my approval letter?

And if so, how do I ask for a refund?

Thanks in advance,
~R.

#10 jecsb4

jecsb4

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:40 PM

jecsb4 ~ don't mean to "hijack" your thread here...
But.... I have an additional Q onto this...

I am now 60% S/C... and I was paying for my meds up until this month (or so I have yet to receive a bill)...

Should I get a refund for all the meds I paid for prior to getting my approval letter?

And if so, how do I ask for a refund?

Thanks in advance,
~R.

USMCVeteranChic77

From my experience when I got my VA Med RX bill I sent my VA Award letter to the VAMC eligability office. If you are over 50% from what I have been told you don't have to pay for ANY RX SC or not. However, if you have private med insurance the VA likes to bill them.

Anyway the eligability office of my VAMC made a call and got the invoice cancelled.

I wil tell you this I have gotten 2 bills and each time I told the eligability office so it took two billing cycles to stop.

Best to you.

#11 divine

divine

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

USMCVeteranChic77

From my experience when I got my VA Med RX bill I sent my VA Award letter to the VAMC eligability office. If you are over 50% from what I have been told you don't have to pay for ANY RX SC or not. However, if you have private med insurance the VA likes to bill them.

Anyway the eligability office of my VAMC made a call and got the invoice cancelled.

I wil tell you this I have gotten 2 bills and each time I told the eligability office so it took two billing cycles to stop.

Best to you.

In order to receive a refund contact the MCCF or MCCR office at the VA where you have made your payments and request a refund. The only services the VA will bill your private insurance company for are services or medications not directly related to your service connected condition. If there are any vet's here from Las Vegas area who need some help with your VA bills send me a message and I'll review your accounts for you.

Monica

#12 Pete53

Pete53

• 21792 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

In order to receive a refund contact the MCCF or MCCR office at the VA where you have made your payments and request a refund. The only services the VA will bill your private insurance company for are services or medications not directly related to your service connected condition. If there are any vet's here from Las Vegas area who need some help with your VA bills send me a message and I'll review your accounts for you.

Monica

Monica:

Welcome to Hadit and thank you for the offer. There are several Hadit Members who go to the Las Vegas VA if I recollect correctly.

Pete

#13 Speaking Out

Speaking Out

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

I am 60% and take four meds from the VA all for SC conditions. I pay $7 per script. Does that sound right?

#14 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22185 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

Jes

If you are TDIU or 100% schedular your dental is free. You can get a refund for some dental work you have done if you have it done while waiting for an IU or 100% claim to be approved. I got paid for work I had done while my IU was on appeal. They did make my dentist jump through all kinds of hoops and were very nasty about it, but the VA paid "reasonable costs" in the end. I really had to be persistent like a bulldog. The VA even threw away my paperwork on purpose one time and admitted doing it. Can you believe it that they would admit it. Throwing it away is no shock but admitting they did it???

#15 Pete53

Pete53

• 21792 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

John:

I bet getting your money was like pulling teeth. :angry:

#16 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6180 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:06 PM

I am 60% and take four meds from the VA all for SC conditions. I pay $7 per script. Does that sound right?

You should pay no medicine copays. Ask for all meds to be reimbursed back to your award date.

#17 ronn

ronn

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:44 PM

Well I am new to this thing we call the VA. Any way, I have started to get meds by mail and low and behold I got a bill for some of them.

When the various doctors gwrote the prescriptiond for them, I asked if I had to pay and they said no, since I was a Priority 2 vet 30%.

Well I think what I should of been told is that I will have to pay for all meds that are not SC. I was not told that. I am not real upset about it, sice they are cheaper than private insurance, but I should have been told the accurate info so I could budget for them.

Anyway, I am pending an award letter increase to 80% with a back date of several years. So I call the 1-866 # on the Va invoice and they said that I need to pay and that when I get my award letter to give them a copy for a refund.

Sounds like a lot of crap and also seem like it would take months before I get a refund.

Anyone else go through this? Does this sound right?

jecsb4

Going throught the exact same thing also in texas! I take 9 meds + and have paid in over $2000. I'm looking forward to getting that money back!
Just wish they paid interrest!
Be sure to pay it. They tapped my va check and ss check in one wack! Sure made it rought to live that month.

Advertise Here