Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  vet201060 : (22 August 2014 - 10:29 AM) Thanks For The Info
@  carlie : (22 August 2014 - 10:03 AM) Vet201060 - No The Vso Does Not Represent The Va. Also - Best To Post Questions To The Board.
@  vet201060 : (22 August 2014 - 09:58 AM) I Have An Appt With A County Vso. Do They Represent The Va At All? Do I Need To Treat It Like Going To A C&p Or Like No Worries And They Are There To Help? Please Respond Asap, Appt In 1 Hr. I Am Worried Now
@  babyray : (21 August 2014 - 07:15 AM) Dc
@  rootbeer22 : (20 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Buddy Statements
@  IraqVet : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 PM) Anyone Recieveing Letters From Vfw To Applay For Tricare And Campava Supplimantal Insurance When You Do Not Have 100% Yet....mines Pending But I Wonder If They Know Something I Dont
@  Detonator : (19 August 2014 - 10:51 AM) Insomnia
@  jbasser : (18 August 2014 - 08:29 PM) Folks, Dont Miss The Hadit Radio Show Wed At 1Pm Eastern. The Basser Hour.
@  Thadine : (18 August 2014 - 12:23 PM) Nod
@  carlie : (18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM) Notapb1 - Might Get More Replies If You Post The Questions Into The Forums.
@  notapb1 : (18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM) Looking For Feedback. I Have Applied For Iu. Was Told To Come In For A Psych Eval And Diabetes Clinic. Received A Call From Va They Were Cancelling The Psych Eval As The Doc(?) Who Did It In March(Ptsd Increase) Was Asked For His Opinion And He Was Going To Submit That. This Is The Same Individual Who Told Me Off The Record About Iu And To Contact My Service Officer. Sounds Positive To Me, But I May Be A Little Bias. Thoughts?
@  waltbarb : (16 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Appeal
@  MarkInTexas : (16 August 2014 - 04:49 PM) Just Testing This "shout" Thing....... Have A Great Weekend Everybody!
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:40 PM) I Reset Firefox And Now Can Read- Probably Kok Issue (Kitties On The Keyboard)
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM) I Couldn't Read Posts So I Changed Theme To Ipboard Mobile. Now I Can Read And It Says Hadit Custom
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:32 PM) Raymondb50 - Probably Better To Post Your Question To The Board.
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:15 PM) Raymondbb50 - What Is It That You Want ?
@  raymondb50 : (15 August 2014 - 09:47 PM) How Do I Change Member Title And Group Info In My Profile?
@  carlie : (15 August 2014 - 08:37 PM) Just Saying Hi To All
@  WoundedWarrior : (14 August 2014 - 08:50 AM) Got Unofficial Word From The Vso - Unofficially Approved For Tdiu, Effective Date 6/3/2014

Photo
- - - - -

Personality Disorder Discharge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:07 PM

Anyone who is getting discharges under Personality Disorder Needs to contact Russell Terry at (909) 494-6218 Grand Central Phone Number. He is in charge of the Operation Heal and also is head of the iraq war veterans organization, afghanistan war veterans.
http://iraqwarveterans.org/ webmaster@iraqwarveterans

Advertise Here

#2 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28594 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

will pass that on!

PD for Iraq vets--- dejavu to Nam vets---all over again---

#3 recruiterrick

recruiterrick

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:40 PM

i am really compelled to add my cents on htis issue again. if you or someone you know has this character of service, this phone call is very important. i have seen hundreds of dd214's, both from the viet nam era and others more recent, and i recall seeing one maybe two of these.

22,000 people with this character of service is very, VERY fishy. by the way, the person or persons that i met with this character truly deserved it. the one most vivid in my memory was a service member who burned his girlfriends child with lit cigarettes intentionally. his girlfriend was also a service member and she reported him.

this is the type of person who should receive this deal breaker!

#4 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22188 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:49 PM

Many Vietnam vets in the waning years of the war were exposed to very cheap heroin. Many became addicted. Most were given undesireable discharges based on misconduct and personality disorders. At the airbase where I was at during the last few months of my tour in Vietnam in 1970 probably 25% of the troops were snorting this cheap heroin believing it was "coke". At first the Army pretended to treat the addicts. Then they just started kicking them out. I would bet that almost all these troops had never taken heroin before being exposed to the cheap stuff in Vietnam. The CIA at the time was helping to transport the stuff from Laos. The CIA helped to addict thousands of Vietnam vets in order to make Laotian war lords and Thai war lords rich and probably to make themselves rich.

#5 Berta

Berta

• SVR
  • 28594 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:26 PM

Yeah and the Army after the Korean War was kicking out soldiers for all sorts of reasons-

the Army was over booked with enlisted and they used creativity on some of those BAd paper
Discharges and Court Martials-to reduce their personnel numbers-

what a scam

Bad paper and character of discharge and phony baloney court martials can be overcome.*

It all gets back to those bad RE codes too-

* see Attard Vs Secretary of the NAvy, HArvey Vs. Secretary of the NAvy, Heiler V Williams (civil action against BCMR) Bird Vs. Sec of the Navy-

Hard to do but persistence -as always-------pays off.

Iraq is becoming sameo sameo to Vietnam-it makes me sick.

#6 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:57 PM

I am telling you, this organization has been already doing great things. Terry Russell is the founder and he has already helped fix some of these erroneous discharges. I personally think its a way to discredit those who are coming back with a bad label. With PTSD claims becoming a big deal in the VA, I personally think its a way of hoping to badly manage the costs that the government is and should have to take care of the veterans. Think what all these guys and ladies coming back from iraq would cost the VA and the military in benefits if each one just had one PTSD claim each. It's getting ugly.

FYI this organization is coming to NYS and I am going to be a rep/advocate. More to come.

#7 betrayed

betrayed

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:32 AM

It all comes down to laziness, when I was in service I saw many many people get OTH (other than honorable) Discharges. The Legal people would call the individual in the office and explain their rights to them and tell them they had two choices, waive the board and be out of the military in a matter of days or if they wanted to exercise their right to the board it would take a matter of months. What option do you think most choose? 75% would have received a honorable or general discharge had they went infront of a board.

It all came back to me when I watched this video at the 5 minute mark in the video he says he was given a choice and mislead. Same thing I watched over and over in my 28 years of active duty. The individual waives their rights and it cuts all the red tape out of the picture and the member is discharged within days. Thats what its all about, laziness to properly process a individual, get rid of them faster and of course save some money. Any individual who is sick mentally is not going to be in their right mind to make such a decision. But it happens everyday. While on active duty I grew to despise JAG Officers and LN's (Navy's enlisted version of a paralegal called Legalmen) for this practice. Criminals I had no quams about, they dont deserve shit or VA benefits, but all the others getting screwed out of their benefits, this is a shame, down and dirty out right trickery on the part of DOD to throw away troops and not pay them a cent for their service to our country. JESUS what I wouldn't do to see congressman and senators having to be ruled by the same regs as military personnel, do they get a offset if they are disabled,? NO. Are they required to pay 50% of their retirement to a cheating x wife, no USFSPA, you know who is responsible for USFSPA? Senator Dianne Fineswine....................................................................wel
now I've raised my blood pressure at 0819 in the morning I have to go take my little yellow happy pills

#8 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22188 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

I would bet that most vets who started to suffer PTSD symptoms after Vietnam and still had time to serve in the Army were probably kicked out on PD discharges via AR635-212.

#9 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:25 PM

I received an email from two organizations. The approximate money the DOD/VA is trying to save by doing this insanely dishonor to our military personnel is somewhere around 12.5 Billion dollars. If you watch the video as well, I really would have gotten a BCD discharge when the government told me that I owed the military 3K or 10K because of it.

#10 Tower_Rat

Tower_Rat

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:41 AM

When i got out of the military, at Fort Dix New Jersey, there was a huge room full of people. The guy in charge in the front said "Everyone with an Honorable discharge stand up against this far wall" and so 6 people out of 45-50 got up. Then they said "everyone with Medical discharge up against the other wall" about 10 people got up. Than they said " everyone else with less than honorable ie general or other up against the far wall" and everyone else got up. The ratio was astounding.

#11 Berta

Berta

• SVR
  • 28594 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

Spike-has this guy tied up with Edwin Crosby?

In our tapes of past shows at SVR Stardust Radio he gives quite a talk on Spin Codes and such and how the Mil used them for erroneous bad paper.

He is available for anyone on the taped archive- it is at SVR June 20th or June 27, 2007

Check this put all-it is compelling and necessary info for ALL vets to have.

http://stardustradio.com/

Click on the red blinking light, then click on SVR on the left and then click on the archive date and the tape of the show will come up.

#12 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

http://www.iraqwarveterans.org This organization is the only one that I know of who brought this to light. I am going to post the abc you tube video below. You have to listen to it. Bob Filner himself, indicated to someone I know is a very reputable person that VA does not stand for Veterans Affairs. It stands for Veteran Adversary. I will tell you what. I only participate in organizations that are standing up actively to help veterans. I won't tell you something I don't know for true, and I will tell you if I don't know.

I am part of more organizations than I can speak of here. If you want more information contact me.

#13 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

Oh yeah by the way contact CSPAN any way you can and let them know you want the congressional hearing with Towne and the Personality Disorder issue broadcasted on tv. Only we can push them to put it on, we want to see what is said, they want ratings, so its a win win, to hear what the house and senate have to say about this issue.

#14 Hoppy

Hoppy

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

Spike,

This is really a good thread to keep going. I watched about the first three minutes of the video. It was loading really slow. I did get a good idea of what was going on. Is this being shown on TV or is there a DVD,

T think the blame should be focused on the American Medical Association and the American Psychiatric Association as well as any branch of the military that does not expose the quack and spineless doctors who make the diagnosis of personality disorder at the time of discharge when it is not supported by the facts. These doctors should be identified and disciplined.

Having been diagnosed with a personality disorder and discharged and knowing several other veterans personally who were also treated in the same manner I found that this is a problem with individual doctors and the changing perceptions of psychiatric disabilities.

The VA is not as bad as you might think. Case in point, not only I but the other veterans I mentioned eventually found treatment and doctors in the VA system who went to bat for them and had the personality disorder diagnoses changed and were eventually given service connectable diagnoses and compensation from the VA.

#15 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3431 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

My DD 214 - Code 460 - Emotional Instability.

When I couldn't handle the abuse from the Navy anymore and ask Dr. C. to assist me with an early discharge, this is what I find that they gave me.

If I hadn't been taking Librium for my nerves and Cafergot for headaches, I would believe some of this B.S.

I had and have the copies of a " Reguest for Transfer" from this duty station, but I couldn't hang on for it to come through. I would have had to wait until July to go to Hampton.

Instead I was dishcarged in May 1964 with an Honorable Discharge by mean of " Unsuitability".

I believe that before the service labels anyone with a Personality Disorder or even a C&P, they should have to administer one of these test.

MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) or MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) .

I don't even believe these test are that accurate, but it may be a start.

Always,

Josephine

#16 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22188 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

I have to say that I believe the personality disorder discharge is just about the military saving money. Same goes for the VA when they try and change a mental disorder into a personality disorder by distorting the facts of a veteran's claim. The military and the VA know what they are doing and why they are doing it.

#17 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3431 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

I believe my first C&P, which was the TRUE ME , the VA did not like the PhD changing my diagnosis to Anxiety with Depression. His C&P may being a " More Likely than Not" probably would have service connected me.

I have been diagnosed and treated with medication for the same illness for 43 years, " Anxiety", and this being post medical records from 4 different doctors over that many years. Beginning in 1965

Librium for nerves in service and Cafergot for headaches by Dr. C. February 1964.

In my opinion, It appears that it would be a little difficult to state, " This veterans primary symptoms " appears " to be those of a " Personality Disorder" and then give her an Axis 1 of Anxiety. This would be the second C&P by those two quack Psychiatrist, by changing my military and post medical records.

With the VA anything can happen.

I continue to fight this and post on line, just in the event, that my post will be of benefit to others reading this site.

Always,

Josephine

#18 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:10 PM

All,
This kind of stuff shouldn't be happening. Berta, I am already in the midst of sending out letters to our senators and congress representatives, because there is a large majority of our population that are veterans. I'm urging them to put pressure on the people who have pushed this disrespectful way of saving dollars and cents from taking care of the responsibility to our vets.

Advertise Here