Welcome!

Sign In or Register to post to our forums. Registration not required to read and search our forums.

HadIt.com Podcast Click Here Live and Archived Shows

Photo
- - - - -

Disability Rating Of 100%

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 steves wife

steves wife

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:35 PM

have a question. My husband just received his rating of 100% from the VA. ONe area/health area is rated at 100% No where in the paperwork does it state "unemployeable". Are there different ratings of 100% ? I am in the process of looking up the benefits associated with this rating . thanks! joyce

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22182 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:03 PM

Actually what you should look for is Permanent and Total. Sometimes it is hard to spot but somewhere it should either say that no future exams are needed. Congrats 100% is not easy to get.

#3 Ricky

Ricky

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:36 PM

There is no difference as 100 percent is 100 percent. As stated by Pete the only concern for you now is P/T which adds educational benefits for you and any dependant children and champus for you.

#4 steves wife

steves wife

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

yes I did find that it says that we are eligible for the dependents educational assistance and "you currently have a total service connected disability, permanant in nature." so I guess that answers that question. I assume that if he was deemed unemployable it would say so somewhere. thanks for the advice! Joyce

#5 LarryJ

LarryJ

Hadit.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3214 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:39 PM

At 100%, permanent and total............then I hope that you are not asking, just because it doesn't say "unemployable", whether or not he can actually be employed. In other words, I hope just because it does not say "unemployable", that he is gonna go out and get a job.
I don't think that that is what you are saying, but I just want to make sure.

#6 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22577 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

Your husband might be eligible for housebound SMC. This is something to check into. There are state benefits also for P&T benefits. Also you can get champVA and some property tax benefis and auto tags for free. You can get a military ID and use military bases like the BX or PX.