Photo

Ssd Cancled My Psych. Appointment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 waynekn

waynekn

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

Wife recieved a call today from SSD saying I don't have to see their Psych. that they have recieved additional information and they can make a determination with what they have. I have filed for PTSD,Back injuries from car wrecks,COPD, Carpel Tunnel in both wrist, Hyper-tension. I was denied and added PTSD on appeal. Is not haveing to see a Psych a positive or negative thing Vet Center has said PTSD for some time but my psych nurse practioner changed diagnosis to chronic PTSD 2 weeks ago.

#2 Testvet

Testvet

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2478 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:07 AM

to me that would be a good thing, if there were still doubts about the PTSD then they would want their doc to review you to resolve any discrepancies I would take this as a positive sign

#3 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21601 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

Wayne:

Looks like good news for you.As I said in another post it looks like VA ans SS are starting to honor each others findings.

Good Luck

#4 waynekn

waynekn

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:31 PM

Wife recieved a call today from SSD saying I don't have to see their Psych. that they have recieved additional information and they can make a determination with what they have. I have filed for PTSD,Back injuries from car wrecks,COPD, Carpel Tunnel in both wrist, Hyper-tension. I was denied and added PTSD on appeal. Is not haveing to see a Psych a positive or negative thing Vet Center has said PTSD for some time but my psych nurse practioner changed diagnosis to chronic PTSD 2 weeks ago.

#5 waynekn

waynekn

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:33 PM

TestVet and Pete 53 Thank you for reply at leeast it is encouraging. Once again Thank You spirts have been low lately.

#6 Testvet

Testvet

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2478 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

Wayne we have all been there a lot of lows before we see happiness but if there is a doubt about your PTSD then they HAVE to examine you and with PTSD if you have been diagnosed by the VA SSA usually accepts the records what percentage are you for PTSD if it's SC? There have been rumors for a few months that the VA and SS are supposed to ACCEPT each others disability determinations even the new report from the VDBC on Oct 3 states that one of the biggest problems is the disputes on disability between the 2 agencies and if one finds you disabled the other should accept the ruling and find in your favor also. Maybe they are finally stopping the games they play on vets between the 2 agencies, we can all hope it's about time