Photo
- - - - -

Moderately Severe Peripheral Neuropathy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Conecuh

Conecuh

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:01 PM

Does anyone have Moderately Severe Peripheral Neuropathy?

As proven by EMG test result.

To what degree does it affect you and what rating did the VA give for that.

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21600 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:39 PM

I have neuropathy non service connected and it gets worse. I suggest that you ask your Doc about gabapentin or Lyrica for neuropathy pain if it bothers you. I have had days when I could barely walk.

#3 evandc

evandc

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

Peripheral Neuropathy is a real bitch. If you don't have it you couldn't appreciate how much pain that is involved. Some days you don't feel like walking or even getting out of bed. You just eat pills & keep going. I fear that it doesn't get any better, only worse. Luckily I have it only in the feet & not all way up leg or in hands. Guess just another gift from Agent Orange.

Don

#4 navyvet

navyvet

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:22 AM

Peripheral Neuropathy is a real bitch. If you don't have it you couldn't appreciate how much pain that is involved. Some days you don't feel like walking or even getting out of bed. You just eat pills & keep going. I fear that it doesn't get any better, only worse. Luckily I have it only in the feet & not all way up leg or in hands. Guess just another gift from Agent Orange.

Don

Yeah I got that !!! one foot is worse than other and left leg numb to waist . I notice I walk differently now almost like stumbling sometimes . I have a hard time navigating on uneven ground now . THANK YOU AO . Sometimes have stabbing pain in toes when not even wearing footware.