Advertise Here

Photo
- - - - -

Deferred Va Decision

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 mriguy

mriguy

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:10 PM

Hello all!
Fantastic site! Thanks to all who post such good info.
I recently received 20% SC for two of the three issues I claimed to VA. My decision paperwork stated that a decision on the third issue had been deferred, that VA needed more information and that my file had been forwarded to the appropriate clinic. VA guy tells me that is good, as it means VA feels there is merit to claim, that I will be seeing oral/facial surgeon at VA hospital for eval, then that info will be sent to rating board. Just wondered if anyone else has run into that problem, or had any thoughts on it.
The third issue, considerable facial numbness post extensive facial surgery, was one of the issues on my C&P paperwork, but apparently neurolologist did not provide needed info. I was scheduled to see two VA doctors, until I saw 2nd one and found out what he was evaluating, I did not realize that neurologist did NOTHING regarding facial numbness eval. By then, he was gone for the day and he could not be questioned about it. 2nd doc ran down the hall to neurologists office to ask him about it. Crazy huh? wait 8 months for exam then it gets screwed up! Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Advertise Here

#2 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22164 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:20 PM

Yes, I had an issue deferred and I prodded the VA and they did take action on it. I would not let it die or let it sit in the dust too long without an inquiry. I filed an NOD regarding the VA deferring my issue. When you get a decision it is usually a good thing to ask for reconsideration if you have new evidence or file an NOD.

Advertise Here