Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?
@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 05:07 PM) Correction Jan 20. 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 18 Year Anniversary
@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 11:38 AM) Jan 20, 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 19 Year Anniversary, That's Amazing.
@  britton : (23 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) I Got It Tbird Thank You
@  Tbird : (22 October 2014 - 05:26 AM) Britton Sent You A Pm
@  britton : (21 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Tbird, I Sent A Donation To Hadit Via Pay Pal...i Hope You Got It?
@  raven316 : (21 October 2014 - 01:59 PM) Glasses
@  iceturkee : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM) Good Luck Plum
@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back

Photo
- - - - -

If You Have Advanced On Docket At Bva

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

For anyone needing this information:

The AMC may tell you, as they have me, if you advanced on the docket at the BVA does not entitle you to advance at the AMC, this is not true. You are entitled!

Here are the guidelines:

You have reached the Appeals Management Center in Washington, D.C. We will not be able to reply via email due to the sensitive information requested because of a recent procedural change in regards to our responses to email inquiries. Please call us toll-free at 1-866-258-0341 for assistance.

A claim may be expedited for any of the following reasons:

£Terminal Illness

£Financial Hardship (Bankruptcy/Foreclosure/Eviction)

£Former POW

£Advanced Age (70+)

£Homeless Veteran

£CAVC Remand

£Advanced on BVA Docket (per BVA)

Please send all request to expedite claim to the address below, along with supporting documents.

Department Of Veterans Affairs

Appeals Management Center

1722 Eye Street NW

Washington DC 20421

Thank you, AMCMAILBOX

Always,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine, 27 October 2007 - 03:08 PM.

#2 hurryupnwait

hurryupnwait

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:17 PM

For anyone needing this information:

The AMC may tell you, as they have me, if you advanced on the docket at the BVA does not entitle you to advance at the AMC, this is not true. You are entitled!

Here are the guidelines:

You have reached the Appeals Management Center in Washington, D.C. We will not be able to reply via email due to the sensitive information requested because of a recent procedural change in regards to our responses to email inquiries. Please call us toll-free at 1-866-258-0341 for assistance.

A claim may be expedited for any of the following reasons:

£Terminal Illness

£Financial Hardship (Bankruptcy/Foreclosure/Eviction)

£Former POW

£Advanced Age (70+)

£Homeless Veteran

£CAVC Remand

£Advanced on BVA Docket (per BVA)
Please send all request to expedite claim to the address below, along with supporting documents.

Department Of Veterans Affairs

Appeals Management Center

1722 Eye Street NW

Washington DC 20421

Thank you, AMCMAILBOX

Always,

Josephine

Hi Betty

Then this means, that while my file is with the AMC, it is advancing on the docket with the BVA. I ll call the BVA Monday
A BVA phone answerer once told me that they were expecting to receive my file back from AMC in about 250 days, it s been 856 days, when I told her how many days I have been waiting, she gasped and said that the AMC was extremely backlogged.

I also read somewhere that the goal for AMC was to have a claim decided in about 400 days.

Happy Trails

Paul

#3 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3431 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:00 AM

Hi Betty

Then this means, that while my file is with the AMC, it is advancing on the docket with the BVA. I ll call the BVA Monday
A BVA phone answerer once told me that they were expecting to receive my file back from AMC in about 250 days, it s been 856 days, when I told her how many days I have been waiting, she gasped and said that the AMC was extremely backlogged.
I also read somewhere that the goal for AMC was to have a claim decided in about 400 days.
Happy Trails
Paul

Paul,

All of this stuff is confusing as heck to me. Don't you want the AMC to decide your claim.

I didn't think that it went back to the BVA if the decision is favorable.

I may be wrong, just what one of the counselors told me.

Whether or not you can believe them is anyone's guess.

Good Luck and Call that number that I sent to you.

Always,

Betty

#4 hurryupnwait

hurryupnwait

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:56 AM

Paul,

All of this stuff is confusing as heck to me. Don't you want the AMC to decide your claim.

I didn't think that it went back to the BVA if the decision is favorable.

I may be wrong, just what one of the counselors told me.

Whether or not you can believe them is anyone's guess.

Good Luck and Call that number that I sent to you.

Always,

Betty

Hiya Betty

Yes, I want AMC to decide my claim. I am confused too. I had Dean tell me that if the claim was approved by the AMC then the BVA is not involved. They do review it if it was denied.

A claim may be expedited at AMC for any of the following reasons:
Advanced on BVA Docket (per BVA).

How does one advance on the BVA docket, when the claim is with AMC?

I ll call that number.

Wow! you have a wealth of knowledge about the AMC. I wish I could help you more.

Happy Trails

Paul

#5 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3431 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:22 AM

Hiya Betty
Yes, I want AMC to decide my claim. I am confused too. I had Dean tell me that if the claim was approved by the AMC then the BVA is not involved. They do review it if it was denied.

I ll call that number.

Wow! you have a wealth of knowledge about the AMC. I wish I could help you more.
Happy Trails
Paul

Paul,

When the Regional Office sent me that SSOC and told me that my next step was the BVA, as I filled out the Form- 9 November 2004 and received my denial December 2005.

I was at the BVA before I got there. Make any sense. Not to me???

Anyway, to answer your question, I called the BVA and they told me to call the National Level of the American Legion and a Mr. Sterling helped me get my letter together.

I sent the BVA a 11 or 12 page letter of all of the things that the VA had done to me since 1978 with my first filing and how they have treated me since I discovered my " psychiatric records and the letter by my Commanding Officer, explaining my early discharge. One pot hole to dodge after another.

I am not sure that vets realize you can advance on the docket at the BVA if you can show " Deliberate Negligence" on the part of the VA.

I tried it and wrote them the story of my life of being in service, acquiring those records and those two C&P examinations being 5 months apart.

The Chairman sent me a letter that I showed good cause to advance.

The R. O sent my claims file to the BVA February 2005 and I received my remand to the AMC April 2006. Two months later.

( Strange things are still happening to me.)

I am not sure that I have much knowledge of the system, but I sure know how to get the telephone numbers.

Good Luck Paul,

Betty