Photo
- - - - -

Spn Code Website Now Up, Massive Fraud

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 EdC59

EdC59

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:21 PM

Beginning in 1956, DOD ordered the military to place a SECRET coded number on the DD-214 of ALL Veterans ( 26 million ). Called a SPN, SDN, or SPD code, can say bedwetter, homosexual, character disorders, lewd acts, unsanitary habits, repeated VD, on & on they go. Go to: http://veterancourtcodes.com view 90min DVD video of show i did in Chicago April 2007, under MENU, click on PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBITS, BRIEFS, read all about the codes, quick document is the CONG. PRESS RELEASE under MENU. VA uses the codes to determine eligibility for benefits and hospitals use them as well. Millions with an HONORABLE discharge have BAD code, you DID NOT have to do anything, you just got stabbed in the back. VA takes claim number, gives phony name, pays phony, while REAL vet gets delayed, denied benefits. This is major problem !!!! NO LIBERTY !

#2 rentalguy1

rentalguy1

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2348 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

I looked for the codes, but your site seems fairly complex to navigate. Could you please post the codes and their meanings here? I am very interested in reading them.

#3 timetowinarace

timetowinarace

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:09 PM

Okay, now I understand more of this. The information is on the website but yes it's hard to navigate.

Basically the DOD assigned codes on DD214's between something like 1959 and 1974. Vietnam Vet's have these seperation codes. The problem is everyone has access to the meaning of these codes and in many cases there is no basis for receiving a particular code. I listed a small few of the ARMY codes. The thought is that the VA also has these code meanings and may judge a claimant accordingly. Or an employer.

My dial-up connection, old slow computer and tired brain make it too much of a chore to download, copy and attache these documents but the link the original poster works and I went to "SPIN CODES" under the main menu.

BDK Military Personnel Security Program AR 600𤾄4, para 42b(10) and para 424a(1) 1
BHK Substandard Performance AR 600𤾄4, para 42a and para 424a(1) 1
BNB Unacceptable Conduct (Anthrax Refusal) AR 600𤾄4, para 42b and para 424a(1) 1
BNC Unacceptable Conduct AR 600𤾄4, para 42b and para 424a(1) 1
BRA Homosexual Conduct (Acts) AR 600𤾄4, para 422 and para 424a(1) 1
BRB Homosexual Conduct (Statement) AR 600𤾄4, para 422 and para 424a(1) 1
BRC Homosexual Conduct (Marriage or Attempted
Marriage)
AR 600𤾄4, para 422 and para 424a(1) 1
DFS In Lieu of Trial by Court-Martial AR 600𤾄4, para 313
FCA Early Release Program朧oluntary Separation
Incentive
AR 600𤾄4, para 35 2
FCB Early Release Program朣pecial Separation
Benefit
AR 600𤾄4, para 35 2
FDF Pregnancy or childbirth AR 600𤾄4, para 311
FDL Ecclesiastical Endorsement AR 600𤾄4, para 55
FFW Failed Medical/Physical Procurement Standards
AR 600𤾄4, para 39
FHC Immediate Enlistment or Reenlistment AR 600𤾄4, para 37 3
FHG Dismissal, No Review AR 600𤾄4, para 313
FND Miscellaneous/General Reasons AR 600𤾄4, para 35

#4 recruiterrick

recruiterrick

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:48 PM

DD214's still have sdp/spn codes. i retired in 1997 and mine is RBD.

Also, htere is an Army Regulation that has all SPD/SPN codes and definitions. When I was active duty I had one as a reference regulation. I tried to access it via google and the library won't let me see it. "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY".

Edited by recruiterrick, 10 December 2007 - 09:51 PM.

#5 chongo

chongo

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

It seems to me that some of the the codes that you have posted are in reference to UCMJ (United States Code of Military Justice).
I disagree with EdC59 stating that the VA uses these code to determine eligibility for benefits and hospitals uses them as well. Why do I feel that EdC59 is not trustworthy!! :rolleyes:

#6 Ron II

Ron II

• 888 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

...Millions with an HONORABLE discharge have BAD code, you DID NOT have to do anything, you just got stabbed in the back. VA takes claim number, gives phony name, pays phony, while REAL vet gets delayed, denied benefits...

I respectfully disagree with your statement shown above. As a former senior NCO, I never saw evidence of the "BAD code" discharge without an accompanying misconduct (e.g., UCMJ cases and bars to reenlistment) by the recipient.

Edited by Manitou Sprgs, 10 December 2007 - 10:54 PM.

#7 cowgirl

cowgirl

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1983 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:27 AM

Saw the codes on search engine. Amazing details regards these codes all over. Hope individuals who contest their codes win the challenge if really needed. Best to you Ed in your endeavor as well, sorry about your stress. cg :rolleyes:

#8 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28061 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:55 AM

Ed- SO glad you are here!

Ed has given some excellent information on this subject in past shows he has been on at:

http://www.stardustent.com/

Under the archived shows at the SVR link to the left of the page.

Compelling information!

NVLSP devotes a section to SPN codes etc and how they can be changed and potentially upgrade discharges etc-in the VBM.

The extensive work you have done to enlighten veterans on this info is remarkable.

#9 timetowinarace

timetowinarace

• 743 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:20 AM

DD214's still have sdp/spn codes. i retired in 1997 and mine is RBD.

Also, htere is an Army Regulation that has all SPD/SPN codes and definitions. When I was active duty I had one as a reference regulation. I tried to access it via google and the library won't let me see it. "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY".

I ETS'd in '91 and don't have a code on my DD214.

Time

#10 Christopher

Christopher

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:04 AM

Thanks for the knowledge..Mine says JFL which I suspected, but now know, means physical disability with seperation pay.

#11 Christopher

Christopher

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:31 AM

Just watched the video. Wow..how come we never heard that on the 6:00 news? I see that the video was dated 2004..has the fraud stopped or anything been done about it?
Maybe that's why my Sleep Apnea appeal is pushing 4 years from date of original claim...
Just goes to show you that there are hidden agendas causing a lot of our unacceptably delayed claims!

#12 cowgirl

cowgirl

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1983 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:20 PM

Can't find code REB. anyone? Am thinking means "early retirement'.cg

#13 luvHIM

luvHIM

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:17 PM

WOW! Interesting.

Cowgirl...I did not see REB either but RBE is as you presume.

#14 cowgirl

cowgirl

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1983 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:29 PM

My goof, keys got in the way of my fingers! RBE. yup.thanks. CG

WOW! Interesting.

Cowgirl...I did not see REB either but RBE is as you presume.

#15 EdC59

EdC59

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

I respectfully disagree with your statement shown above. As a former senior NCO, I never saw evidence of the "BAD code" discharge without an accompanying misconduct (e.g., UCMJ cases and bars to reenlistment) by the recipient.

MANITOU SPRGS = go to my website; http://veterancourtcodes.com under MENU click on PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBITS, then click on PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBIT 1, read it, its there. I have the proof, enough said.

#16 EdC59

EdC59

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

I ETS'd in '91 and don't have a code on my DD214.

Time

TIME TO WIN A RACE = after 1975, the codes were not supposed to go on YOUR copy of the DD-214, however, it went on the other 8 or more copies made, and thats how they get the code, and you know nothing about it. Send Congressman a copy of your DD-214, ask him/her to find out what your SPD CODE is, and its meaning !! Lastly, they are starting to put the code back on some vets copies, this i have seen.

#17 EdC59

EdC59

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:15 PM

Just watched the video. Wow..how come we never heard that on the 6:00 news? I see that the video was dated 2004..has the fraud stopped or anything been done about it?
Maybe that's why my Sleep Apnea appeal is pushing 4 years from date of original claim...
Just goes to show you that there are hidden agendas causing a lot of our unacceptably delayed claims!

CHRISTOPHER = the date of the video is APRIL 2007, not 2004. This system started in 1956, the GOV'T got its computers in 1964, thats when it took off. Congress will not do anything as the money seems to end up in political coffers, hence, U.S. Sen. Sam Ervin, WATERGATE COMM. discovering these codes. The COURTS should be doing something, however, a secret society has control, the founding fathers left out the word LAWYER, and FOR GOOD REASON, they did not want them to control OUR Justice System.

#18 EdC59

EdC59

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

It seems to me that some of the the codes that you have posted are in reference to UCMJ (United States Code of Military Justice).
I disagree with EdC59 stating that the VA uses these code to determine eligibility for benefits and hospitals uses them as well. Why do I feel that EdC59 is not trustworthy!! :rolleyes:

CHONGO = go to my website; http://veterancourtcodes.com under MENU click on PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBITS, then click on PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBIT 19A, read it, VA does use the CODES, then CLICK on PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBIT 5, look at date, VA send letter to vet opening claim for him, he did NOT open claim. THE PROOF is all there folks, just read it, don't throw stones at this messenger, he is a decorated combat veteran of Vietnam, 15th Special Operations Squadron, MACVSOG, Nha Trang 68-70 and is trained in law. Merry Christmas

#19 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 21716 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

SPN's have been around and discussed for many decades.
Here are some much easier URL's to find them & their meanings.
FYI - This is NOT new information, we have it in our search section,
or archives, it can also be Googled.

Alphabetical SPN's
http://www.utahvva.o...codes_alpha.htm
Numerical SPN's
http://www.utahvva.o...n codes_num.htm

Here's another url that I believe is in reference to this threads original poster,
although it may not be.
http://www.landscaper.net/discharg.htm
Scroll all the way down.

Hope this helps a vet.
carlie

Edited by carlie, 11 December 2007 - 04:39 PM.

#20 EdC59

EdC59

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

I looked for the codes, but your site seems fairly complex to navigate. Could you please post the codes and their meanings here? I am very interested in reading them.

RENTAL GUY = go back to my website, under MENU, there is SPN CODES, click on that, a window opens that says NUMERICAL, ALPHABETICAL, you see, those discharged before the 1980's received a code looking like SPN-123, SDN-123, or SPD-123 ( numerical ) sometime in the 80's they changed it to ALPHABETICAL i.e. SPD-XYZ not hard, i will answer anyones questions, send email thru website, still have lots of documents in reserve . If you are lucky enough to NOT get a BAD code, what are you going to do about your fellow veterans with an Honorable Discharge who did ??? Remember your oath, it does not end by taking off the uniform, LIBERTY & JUSTICE FOR ALL ! Not just a few, or the rich, protect the American People & the Constitution, thats our job, no party politics, just the Constitution.

#21 EdC59

EdC59

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:31 PM

Hope this helps a vet.
carlie
Alphabetical SPN's
Numerical SPN's

CARLIE = who do you think gave the Utah Vietnam Veterans chapter the codes ??? RIGHT, me, have even talked on the phone with webmaster there. Gave them the documents too !!

#22 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 21716 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:50 PM

Ed,
Please use the entire quote when you quote me. If you go back and look you'll see the 3rd url I listed is to you.
carlie

#23 Ron II

Ron II

• 888 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

Alphabetical SPN's
Numerical SPN's

Here's another url that I believe is in reference to this threads original poster,
although it may not be.
http://www.landscaper.net/discharg.htm
Scroll all the way down.
Hope this helps a vet.
carlie

As Carlie states above, none of the information provided at the beginning of this thread is new. On the other hand, the claim that there has been massive fraud and the implication that there is a plot to cheat good military people via bogus discharges is absurd in my opinion. [additional text removed by poster as it is immaterial]

Edited by Manitou Sprgs, 11 December 2007 - 06:24 PM.

#24 Flatbroke

Flatbroke

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:55 PM

the spin # at the top of my DD214 is 219-70

219 says Erroneous Induction ----- I enlisted in the Marines

and what does the 70 stand for??? I got out in 70

#25 recruiterrick

recruiterrick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

when you seperate, youget 2 copies of dd214 copy 1 and copy 4. copy 4 should have it.

#26 tssnave

tssnave

• 848 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

Carlie - Thanks for the links. Does anyone know if the statement on the link is accurate when it says:

"These codes are subject to change, and the Department of Defense will no longer allow the military services to release the meanings of these codes to the general public. The below definitions were obtained before this prohibition went into effect."

If the codes change that just gives the VA one more point of possible error over time (remember, WWII vets are still applying for claims - how many times do/will these codes change over the years and how diligent will the VA be in making sure to pull out the codesheet for the year you got out?).

Also, wouldn't this information fall out under FOIA and be public information? What's the deal with secret codes? Again, if anyone can confirm or deny the whole secrecy piece I'd appreciate it.

Recruiter Rick - I take it this is the "separation code" in block 26 of Member copy 4 of my DD 214? Flatbroke mentioned a number at the top of his and the only number I have on the top of mine is where I filed it with the Clerk of Courts years ago.

My separation code is LBK which is Expiration of Term of Service (funny, I was just asking what ETS meant the other day). Of course, that's the Army code. I hope the VA doesn't get confused and think I was in the Navy because then LBK means Involuntary discharge at end active obligated service, USN - Enlisted.

Thanks,
TS

Edited by tssnave, 11 December 2007 - 10:17 PM.

#27 recruiterrick

recruiterrick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:33 PM

Carlie - Thanks for the links. Does anyone know if the statement on the link is accurate when it says:

"These codes are subject to change, and the Department of Defense will no longer allow the military services to release the meanings of these codes to the general public. The below definitions were obtained before this prohibition went into effect."

If the codes change that just gives the VA one more point of possible error over time (remember, WWII vets are still applying for claims - how many times do/will these codes change over the years and how diligent will the VA be in making sure to pull out the codesheet for the year you got out?).

Also, wouldn't this information fall out under FOIA and be public information? What's the deal with secret codes? Again, if anyone can confirm or deny the whole secrecy piece I'd appreciate it.

Recruiter Rick - I take it this is the "separation code" in block 26 of Member copy 4 of my DD 214? Flatbroke mentioned a number at the top of his and the only number I have on the top of mine is where I filed it with the Clerk of Courts years ago.

My separation code is LBK which is Expiration of Term of Service (funny, I was just asking what ETS meant the other day). Of course, that's the Army code. I hope the VA doesn't get confused and think I was in the Navy because then LBK means Involuntary discharge at end active obligated service, USN - Enlisted.

Thanks,
TS

that's it. what really makes it confusing is that the code may have different meanings for each service

#28 sixthscents

sixthscents

Moderator/Hadit.com Elder

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:07 AM

Army reg AR 601-210 lists several of the codes for all services and their meaning. Army reg 40-501 lists all the chapters quoted when a physical discharge is completed in the comments section at the bottom of the page.

AR 601-210 Standards of Enlistment
AR 40-501 Enlisted Physical Qualification Standards

Now they may have changed the AR #'s but if so I haven't heard of it.

#29 allan

allan

Content Contributor

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 13030 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:16 AM

293 - General court martial

294 - Special court martial

311 - Alien without legal residence in the United States

312 - Separation of members of Reserve components on active duty who, due to age, would be precluded from attaining eligibility pay as provided by 10 USC 1331.1337

SPN codes from 295 through 310 are missing.
My dd214 shows "305". Is there earlier SPN codes for the year 1971/USN

Thanks for this post............Allan

#30 EdC59

EdC59

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:03 AM

that's it. what really makes it confusing is that the code may have different meanings for each service

ATTENTION RECRUITER RICK & EVERYONE = if you were discharged before 1975, in BLOCK 11-c, Reason & Authority, that is where your code should be, where the word Honorable or Under Honorable is. Sometime in the 1980's, to prevent additional lawsuits, the DD-214 was changed, the SPD code was not supposed to be on the VETS copy, however, went on the other 8 or more copies of DD-214 made, and they went everywhere. LASTLY, an RE CODE ( re-enlistment ) other than a " 1 " was not good, as employers believed if they did not want you back, neither did they. Maybe your MOS was full, and no need ?

#31 jmack

jmack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:05 AM

ATTENTION RECRUITER RICK & EVERYONE = if you were discharged before 1975, in BLOCK 11-c, Reason & Authority, that is where your code should be, where the word Honorable or Under Honorable is. Sometime in the 1980's, to prevent additional lawsuits, the DD-214 was changed, the SPD code was not supposed to be on the VETS copy, however, went on the other 8 or more copies of DD-214 made, and they went everywhere. LASTLY, an RE CODE ( re-enlistment ) other than a " 1 " was not good, as employers believed if they did not want you back, neither did they. Maybe your MOS was full, and no need ?

That is incorrect. An RE-Code (Re-Entry Code) other than "1" is not bad. There are many, many great servicemembers that are discharged with an RE-Code of "3" which could have a variety of meanings, such as "MEDICAL REASONS". I posted before that normally the RE-Code and the narrative reasons for separations supports each other.

#32 recruiterrick

recruiterrick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:06 PM

the army regulation that covers spd/spn codes is AR 635-5-1. this regulation is "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY' so you can't look it up on the regulation website.

when we would get new ones, we would have to turn in the old ones, which were later destroyed. ALL Army recruiting stations have this regulation. They're not supposed to show it, but they have it B)