Photo
- - - - -

1-800-827-1000

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 woodenturkey

woodenturkey

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:06 PM

see attached

its been working better for me! shorter wait time for sure

Attached Files

#2 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3430 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

When I called the toll free number this morning, I was talking to a lady in South Carolina.

I didn't talk to the usual ones at the Roanoke, Virginia R.O

Is this why?

Josephine

#3 woodenturkey

woodenturkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

klhg

Edited by woodenturkey, 20 March 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#4 71M10

71M10

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1213 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

This could be a good change.....

Lets see how it goes. Will this eliminate our access to the rare individual who could tell you what was going on and replace them with individuals trained only to release specific information?

Not sure about it.

Best regards,

Tyler

#5 woodenturkey

woodenturkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

Lets see how it goes. Will this eliminate our access to the rare individual who could tell you what was going on and replace them with individuals trained only to release specific information?

Not sure about it.

Best regards,

Tyler

I noticed a great change for the better, instead of
"its with the _____ team" i was given very specific info on my claim.

#6 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:19 PM

Last week I talked to a guy in St Louis and he could not tell me much more than what I already knew. This morning I call and talked with a lady, not sure where she was at, but she could not tell me anything about my claim beside it was still being process. They have NO information on IRISs.
I got an IRIS on yesterday and was told that my appeal claim cannot be process until my reopen claim has been completed. Months ago I got an IRIS telling me that they could not process my current claims until they complete my appeal claim. I have no idea about a reopen claim and they also stated in yesterdays IRIS that my my temporary 100% for service connected right knee replacement maybe tied into reopen claim and cannot be completed until the reopen claim has been processed. My appeal was for my right knee, Is it possible that they could have changed appeal claim to a reopen claim?

#7 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

Currently, the Veterans Affairs has been putting the Veterans Affairs Regional Office calls to a Veterans Affairs Regional Office Call center. In the past when you called 1 800 827 1000, your call would connect you to the VA RO that handled your claim or had jurisdiction. What they have done is focused the calls to I believe 4 "Call Centers" per se. The center that is handling Buffalo's calls is in Cleveland, Ohio now.....

What I would like to know is if you are a Service Connected Disabled Veteran who has a claim in or has a rating decision are the following:

1. Have you called the 1 800 827 1000 number and where was it previously routed to in the past (city) and where is it being routed to now (city)?

2. What is your opinion of the service you received in the past by calling the 800 827 1000 number and what is it now or when they transfer to a center that does not have physical access to your file?

3. Do you have concerns? Issues? (With the new change in the pipeline)........

Here is some food for thought...

Will re-routing the calls help the Local VA Regional Offices to process more claims, less errors, etc. by allowing the contact team to do other things than answer calls?

Will this change produce positive or negative affects on veterans themselves?

I am trying to obtain the opinions of veterans nation wide on their dealings with this change.

If you want to address them with me please send me a message here and reply so that we can get this solved.....

Buffalo, New York has already switched...California is due by next week.

#8 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3430 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

Not sure about it.

Best regards,

Tyler

Tyler,

Believe me, when I have talked to South Carolina, I sure receive a lot more respect than I have at my local R.O.

For some reason also, you could call three times in one morning and receive the correct answer each time,

I used to think the same information was not available to each computer.

Betty

#9 woodenturkey

woodenturkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

Here is some food for thought...

Will re-routing the calls help the Local VA Regional Offices to process more claims, less errors, etc. by allowing the contact team to do other things than answer calls?

Not unless they promoted the phone guys to DRO's etc...

#10 Quint7

Quint7

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

Spike, I noticed and posted last week that when I tried to call Buffalo twice the week before about where my C-file was the people in Ohio (as I found out with the 2nd call) had absolutely no idea about my file... they even told me that I must never have requested it! They said that they sent a email to Buffalo's privacy office and I never heard back but the file arrived a couple days later.
I am going to do everything by hand now... no mail, nothing. I rode my motorcycle to Buffalo today from Rochester to drop off paperwork for my appeal (60 pages) and my new PTSD claim (45 pages long). It was worth 10 bucks and being cold to see the lady at the dest stamp each and every page with a date stamp.

It might be good for consistancy... and THANK GOD nobody has to deal with that angry guy Bernard anymore.... but 4-7 call centers...... unless they hire more people to help at those I can't see anything good coming of it.

#11 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 6131 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

During the past 2 weeks I have talked to the call center in South Carolina and they helped me. One even faxed a Document to me.

I think it is an asset and definatly an improvement.

Edited by jbasser, 15 April 2008 - 05:18 PM.

#12 sweettator

sweettator

E-3 Seaman

• Third Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

I called the 800# today and talked to Carl. He was really nice, but couldn't tell me anything about my appeal. We talked a bit and he is a Service Rep. He said, "when the RO gets busy or short of staff, they have him and other service reps to fill in and answer calls". I was a bit surprised. Explains alot! :) Vicky

#13 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21601 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:51 AM

Not being in contact with your RO is not a good thing in my opinion. If someone could get the direct number for VARO's and post it that would be appreciated.

#14 woodenturkey

woodenturkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

Not being in contact with your RO is not a good thing in my opinion. If someone could get the direct number for VARO's and post it that would be appreciated.

my RO was never any real help

#15 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3430 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

I had two Regional Offices and they both were ignorant and rotten to the core.

Thank goodness, where my file is now, at its permanent resting place, all of the staff

went bye bye and at least I have new people rating my claim.

In fact it is rated. It is back in D. C due to the fast letter.

Betty

#16 Stretch

Stretch

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio IT

• SVR
  • 1807 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

Land Line:

I have noticed that when I call my VARO after hours I get Denver, Co. When I call before hours I get a Tennesse RO. During regular hours I get my regular Arknasas VARO.

Skype (internet Phone):

When I use Skype and call the 800 # I get New York Central Office every time. This is kind of good because the AMC is just up stairs in the Central Office.

#17 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

What? You have received 3 different offices, make that four? What is going on here?

#18 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

Here is a fact! Buffalo VARO has 300 staff members. Of that they have 22% that handle claimes. They have 50 Adjuticators and 15 Raters. Actually at this point they have 13 (but for numbers sake say 15 because they lost two and are replacing) So 22 % handle claims....Here is another point according to a source the other 78% are Supervisors and Managers. 600,000 Backlog and 22% handling claims...if this is a national epidemic no wonder why we have a backlog. Too top heavy. Another thing where is the support for the VA staff to work on a budget i.e. to even work claims on weekends to catch up....they are still working on the previous budget on extension of using the next budget to cover these expenses....

#19 Ricky

Ricky

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • 2116 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

my RO was never any real help

I agree for I deal with Montgomery also. However, I now find that this new system is even worse (for me) than trying to deal with Montgomery. At least with Montgomery I could discuss the difference in the weather between middle and north Alabama! hahahhahahaha. The entire RO is simply screwed up as evidenced by their nearly 50 percent appeal rate.

#20 Ricky

Ricky

• 2116 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

What? You have received 3 different offices, make that four? What is going on here?

Same here Spike - even when I call during my normal business hours I get St louie, S.C., New York and N.C. I have tested to see what happens by calling approximately 30 mins apart - the results are the same I get three to four different offices. This is status quo for the VA. Hell they can not even get a "new and successful" plan right. 9 centers my butt, they are just bouncing calls around. Maybe it is based upon your home phone number that you still have to input, call too much and you get the ole run around, call once every six months and you will get the same call center each time. I do not know but so far with the bouncing that I have received I get a lot of "I really do not know what they are doing in Montgomery Sir". Well hell if you do not know then forward me to Montgomery.

#21 Jayg

Jayg

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

I called today and still got Waco so there's been no change here yet.

#22 vetswife

vetswife

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:28 AM

When I call, we get Detroit, who tells me to go ahead and call, but they don't have any info.

#23 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21601 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

Maybe when we call we should ask who we are talking to and where. I always write down the names of the people I talk too.

#24 Ricky

Ricky

• 2116 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:20 PM

When I call, we get Detroit, who tells me to go ahead and call, but they don't have any info.

I called today. I told them I was checking on the status of my appeal. The guy asked me to hold on. He came back in about two mins and said "Mr. H, I have reviewed you file and see that you called yesterday and nothing has changed since then. Please do not call again for you will be notified vai U.S. mail when a decision is made" click..... he just hung up befor I could say anything. The sorry, worthless, air stealing SOB. I hope he chokes in his sleep tonight for his rudness and downright arrgoance towards veterans.

Screw them. I think that now I will go to the RO and sit there. When they ask me what I am doing I will telling them that I am simply waiting on a decision. hahahahah Guess they will cart me off at the end of the day!

#25 spike

spike

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:24 PM

I would LOVE to know the names of the people and their location, when you have a complaint with a brief description of the summary situation.

#26 Ron II

Ron II

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:55 PM

I called today. I told them I was checking on the status of my appeal. The guy asked me to hold on. He came back in about two mins and said "Mr. H, I have reviewed you file and see that you called yesterday and nothing has changed since then. Please do not call again for you will be notified vai U.S. mail when a decision is made" click..... he just hung up befor I could say anything. The sorry, worthless, air stealing SOB. I hope he chokes in his sleep tonight for his rudness and downright arrgoance towards veterans.

Screw them. I think that now I will go to the RO and sit there. When they ask me what I am doing I will telling them that I am simply waiting on a decision. hahahahah Guess they will cart me off at the end of the day!

Ricky,

Does the VARO prepare a "Record of Contact" or something like that each time a veteran calls or comes in? Maybe you could obtain a copy of today's record and report that wonderful person to the highest level possible with copies to everyone in between.

Ron

#27 cowgirl

cowgirl

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1983 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:13 AM

Called 1800, nice lady, told me I should hear something in 30 to 60 days, claims in rating now.
She didnt tell me where she was but she knew where I was.

#28 Ricky

Ricky

• 2116 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

Ricky,

Does the VARO prepare a "Record of Contact" or something like that each time a veteran calls or comes in? Maybe you could obtain a copy of today's record and report that wonderful person to the highest level possible with copies to everyone in between.

Ron

Ron, I think it is hit an miss as to whether they keep the record or not. However, I doubt they keep names associtated with the record - at least not with simply contact team contacts.