Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo
- - - - -

Service-connected Gastritis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 jstone1950

jstone1950

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:56 AM

While in vietnam (69-70), I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis and tension headaches. Subsquently, I caught hepititus A in Vietnam. Over another five year period while still on active duty, I was diagnosed on 3 other occasions with gastroenteritis and eventually remote depression. Since active duty in 1977, I've had many bouts of nausea and stomach problems. As recent as 2007 by a private gastro dr., I was diagnosed with evidence of corrosive gastroenteritis, GERD and acid reflux Grade II. Further, I was diagnosed last year by a VA psychologist with major depression. My question is do u think these issues can be construed as service connected because of my military records indicating these diagnosis on different occasions?

#2 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28862 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

You should formally claim all of these disabilities.

Have you ever filed for any VA claim before?

If not you will need to file out the entire 21-526 form available a the VA web site and try to secure a good veterans rep to help you-we here can take you step by step whether you have a rep or not-

The VA will want a nexus (link) between each disability and your service. Also they will need to see if the disabilities are continuous since service and still require treatment-

It looks to me that you have the inservice nexus in your SMRs as well as current treatment records.

Do you have residual disability from the Hep A?

If so, in my opinion, each of these disabilities should be formally claimed and you can refer the VA in the initial claim to your SMRs where the medical nexus is found.

The date of any retroactive compensation you receive will depend on the date you formally file the claim.

Any statements that your private doctors could make would be highly probative to the claims- such as if the gastro doctor would state that your GERD and related conditions are more then likely related to your inservice manifestations of these problems.

There is a topic here on Getting an Independent Medical Opinion under search and I posted it again here the other day in claims research.

A private doctor's IMO should contain certain speficis-otherwise the VA will reject the opinion.