Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  arng11 : (26 November 2014 - 11:30 AM) Everyone Enjoy The Holidays And Be Safe.
@  eagle1012004 : (26 November 2014 - 10:10 AM) Have A Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Atomicwidow Thank Your For Donating To Our Funding Campaign.

Photo
- - - - -

Va Won't Pay My Husbands Hospital Bills

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lady

Lady

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:00 AM

Hello all, just wanted to know why the Va. will not pay the entire amount to the hospital my husband was in for last year after he had his heart attack. I called the number and told them in the right time frame. And he was 100% in threat for his life. I made sure I did everything they say you need to do to inform them, our doctor even told them he had to have this done now or he would not make it. I found the progress note in the many I have collected over the last 2years. It was a phone call from our doctor to the VA. and it says he would be approved and singed by chief medical officer of Fee services. And here is my question, the va has only paid a few thousand on a 65,000.00 medical bill. My husband had to go back the day he was discharged because of problems so he had a longer stay than normal, but the MILL/Bill , is only paying the hospital a small amount on the totlal cost, they (VA) told me the hospital has to take it and thats all they get. But the hospital says that s not true and of course want us to pay the rest of the amount off, over 45,000.00. My husband at the time of service at the hospital was 70%I.U. Is this right? Never heard of this before. Any one know the answer on this one. Thanks for all the information & help . Mary & Greg Ps. I wonder if they can put a lien on my home? I hope not. They want the money asap. HAHAHA, I have to laugh about because It is crazy!

#2 Guest_Morgan_*GuestMember

Guest_Morgan_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:34 AM

Hello all, just wanted to know why the Va. will not pay the entire amount to the hospital my husband was in for last year after he had his heart attack. I called the number and told them in the right time frame. And he was 100% in threat for his life. I made sure I did everything they say you need to do to inform them, our doctor even told them he had to have this done now or he would not make it. I found the progress note in the many I have collected over the last 2years. It was a phone call from our doctor to the VA. and it says he would be approved and singed by chief medical officer of Fee services. And here is my question, the va has only paid a few thousand on a 65,000.00 medical bill. My husband had to go back the day he was discharged because of problems so he had a longer stay than normal, but the MILL/Bill , is only paying the hospital a small amount on the totlal cost, they (VA) told me the hospital has to take it and thats all they get. But the hospital says that s not true and of course want us to pay the rest of the amount off, over 45,000.00. My husband at the time of service at the hospital was 70%I.U. Is this right? Never heard of this before. Any one know the answer on this one. Thanks for all the information & help . Mary & Greg Ps. I wonder if they can put a lien on my home? I hope not. They want the money asap. HAHAHA, I have to laugh about because It is crazy!

Lady,

The VA paid about 15% of the amount the hospital charged for my husband's emergency hospitilization, but we didn't get a bill for the remainder. Billing clerks sometimes don't realize how it works with a veteran, so you might have to explain that he is totally disabled and he was admitted for a service-connected condition, so you have no copays. Tell them it works just the same as it does with Medicare allowables, (except with Medicare you would have co-pays.)

Carrie

Edited by Morgan, 17 December 2005 - 02:36 AM.

#3 Bound4heaven

Bound4heaven

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:35 AM

Lady,

The VA paid about 15% of the amount the hospital charged for my husband's emergency hospitilization, but we didn't get a bill for the remainder. Billing clerks sometimes don't realize how it works with a veteran, so you might have to explain that he is totally disabled and he was admitted for a service-connected condition, so you have no copays. Tell them it works just the same as it does with Medicare allowables, (except with Medicare you would have co-pays.)

Carrie

Dear Lady,

I as well have had to go to a local ER 2 times. I am 100% T&P. I ran into some of the same issues you are dealing with. I was told by the VA's nurse advice line to get to my nearest ER (I live over an hour away from the nearest VA medical Center). It is manidated by federal law (I do not know which law) that the hospital must write off all charges when dealing with a T&P disabled veteran. This will only happen if the vA ok's the ER or hospital. It sounds like you have a strong case in that respects. I always made copies of all bills I received from the hospital and sent them to the VA medical center. I hope this helps you. God bless you & Merry Christmas.

#4 deltaj

deltaj

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:02 AM

I think I've seen a regulation in Part 17 of 38 code of federal regulations pertaining to payment of outside medical services.