Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 05:07 PM) Correction Jan 20. 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 18 Year Anniversary
@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 11:38 AM) Jan 20, 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 19 Year Anniversary, That's Amazing.
@  britton : (23 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) I Got It Tbird Thank You
@  Tbird : (22 October 2014 - 05:26 AM) Britton Sent You A Pm
@  britton : (21 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Tbird, I Sent A Donation To Hadit Via Pay Pal...i Hope You Got It?
@  raven316 : (21 October 2014 - 01:59 PM) Glasses
@  iceturkee : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM) Good Luck Plum
@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 05:57 AM) Thank You Elliot K For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Timothy11 : (12 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Retro Pay

Photo

Ankle Surgery

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 mjofdagame

mjofdagame

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

if you never had anything but and ankle sprang in service. And now you have to have surgery on your right foot.Because of arthritis.But had surgery on right knee.Can you make it or get service connected? And what would be the percentage?

Advertise Here

#2 LarryJ

LarryJ

Hadit.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3214 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

so you had a spranged ankle in service and you had surgery on your right knee and now you have arthirits in your foot and they are going to operate on your right foot for arthritis and you want to get your right foot service connected and want to know what percentage it would be?or you want to get your spranged ankle service connected and want to know what the percentage would be?or you had surgery on your right knee and want to get it service connected and want to know what the percentage would be?

right?

#3 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22262 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

If you can show that the knee problem has contributed to the ankle problem you might get there. I don't think a sprained ankle will get you there unless you broke the ankle. I could be wrong.

#4 LarryJ

LarryJ

Hadit.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3214 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

I see that you are showing 50% disability. Is this 50% for your knee? Is your knee Service Connected?

C'mon guy, we're fishin' here.

#5 mjofdagame

mjofdagame

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:55 AM

so you had a spranged ankle in service and you had surgery on your right knee and now you have arthirits in your foot and they are going to operate on your right foot for arthritis and you want to get your right foot service connected and want to know what percentage it would be?or you want to get your spranged ankle service connected and want to know what the percentage would be?or you had surgery on your right knee and want to get it service connected and want to know what the percentage would be?

right?

Sorry so vague.Well i had surgery on my right knee s/c 10%.asthma 30% & flat feet 10%. So i guess my question is that the Va s/c me for djd 0% and now i have been diagnosed with arthritis in my right foot(the top of the foot) by the v. a. The V.A wants me to take surgery to fuse the bone together.For as the sprang ankle goes i have it my records but i broke my ankle before i got in the service.And i guess i meant would it be s/c for the surgery by the v.a and what percentage?

#6 rentalguy1

rentalguy1

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 2349 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

The foot bone is connected to the shin bone. The shin bone is connected to the knee bone. the knee bone is connected to the...you get my point :o

If you have sc'd knee problems, then you most likely have a altered gate. There is mucho medical research out there that concludes that if a person has knee problems that have led to a altered gait, that will in turn lead to inflammatory foot diseases. Arthritis is a inflammatory foot disease.

I found this for ya, too! Plenty more of it to be found on the net.

Also, a sudden and traumatic injury such as a broken bone, torn ligament, or moderate ankle sprain can cause the injured joint to become arthritic in the future. Sometimes a traumatic injury will result in arthritis in the injured joint even though the joint received proper medical care at the time of injury.

Go for it! The first thing you need to do is get your VA doc to sign a "nexus" form linking the ankle sprain and the altered gait from the knee to the foot arthritis. This will be THE key peice of evidence (along with your SMR's showing the ankle sprain) in winning this claim. It will most likely be granted under dx code 5284 Foot Injuries, other, but may be granted under dx code 5003 Arthritis, degenerative. Either way I wouldn't expect more than a 10% rating, You might qualify for a convalescent rating after the surgery, which would be 100% percent for the duration of the necessary convalescence.

I had a plantar faciitis claim granted on this basis last summer.

#7 mjofdagame

mjofdagame

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

thanx a bunch for the information

#8 MikeR

MikeR

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:48 AM

thanx a bunch for the information

I have been reading hundreds of cases for Ankles on the BVA decision site and it seems that they go out of their way to decide against the Veteran. Mine is a BVA remand, I had a documented history of treatment for Fracture, sprains, achilles tendonitis in service. Two years ago I had a surgery to remove a spur that was slicing the tendon in half. My surgeon wrote a letter stating that he thought it was a result of service, and that the surgery was not going to fully correct the problem, just make it tolerable. I had a C&P in Sept 08 which I have not received the copy of yet even though I requested it. The C&P doc (Vietnam Vet) was a local contractor well liked in the area that I live. He led me through the exam ok. I told him the story of my ankle. They took x-rays showing the result of surgery. My surgeon just did an MRI showing soft tissue issues on my heel, and the BVA has the request for records filled out as well as my doc's letter. I can't help but wonder if they will find a way to not comp me for anything, but I will let you know.

Advertise Here