Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  carlie : (30 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) Vet211060 - I Guess They're Not That Shameful After All : - ) Congrats On Some Positive Adjudication
@  vet201060 : (30 August 2014 - 04:24 PM) Dav Sent Letter Saying I Am 100% Effective Oct 2013
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:35 PM) Wish There Was A "like" Button For Some Of These Comments.......
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:26 PM) Amen To That!
@  vet201060 : (28 August 2014 - 09:55 PM) Va Is So Shameful!!
@  artlouis : (27 August 2014 - 11:36 AM) Code 7019
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) Damn Post It Notes
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) True That
@  Asiadaug : (26 August 2014 - 07:46 PM) I Have Yet To Deal With Any Piece Of Va That Isn't A Dysfunctional Mess...ebenefits, Claim Filing, Billing...and To Think Our Tax Dollars Are Used To Perpetuate That Calamity!
@  carlie : (26 August 2014 - 05:39 PM) notorious kelly - loved your shout ! ! !
@  GlassRose1500 : (26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM) Would Someone Add Smc Housbound Plus Smc A&a Regular And One Smc K For Me? I Can't Seem To Do That Math!
@  Notorious Kelly : (26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM) Ebenefits Is Not A Thermometer In The Rectum Of Your Claim; It Is A Post-It Note That May Or Not Be Updated Or Accurate. Try Not To Obsess ;)
@  mcassidy : (26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) Osa
@  Jaluluah11B : (26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM) My Reconsideration Finally Showed Up On Ebenefits As A New Claim.  gathering Evidence.  [font=Arial][size=3]Automated 5103 Notice Response Needed. [/size][/font]
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 10:00 AM) Went From Pending Decision Approval To Review Of Evidence Today, I Need To Stop Looking At It. Drives You Crazy Waiting
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 09:30 PM) @coriemboh I Get My Best Claim Advice Here, But My Dav Guy Gets The Best Intel Once The Claim Is Filed
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) The Average Processing Time Is 9 Months More Or Less. Every Time I Call The 800#, I Get A Different Answer. Goe, Roe....make Up Your Mind!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:56 PM) I Just Want To Know Ballpark Figure Of How Much Longer My Claim Will Take. The Bills Are Piling Up. Adds To My Anxiety And Depression. Sure Wish I Could Tell Bill Collectors The Same Things Va Tells Me!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:54 PM) @glassrose1500-No, I Don't. I Put In For Representation A Few Days Ago, But I'm Sure That End Won't Pan Out Until The Claim Is Closed.
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Would Appreciate Feedback On My Smc Draft - Posted In The Smc Section! Tkx!

Photo
- - - - -

Is There A Connection Between Psoriasis And Agent Orange

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 robert51

robert51

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

I have for many years now but more recently these bumps on my scalp and it seems they are A form of Psoriasis .. i was doing some research and found a site that says chemical exposure and or high stress could be a factor and some drugs like Trazodone( which i have taken for over 8 years now..) I am already 70%PTSD and IU and PT should i even bother to file a claim? most likley secondary to the PTSD due to the fact that i have been taking the Trazodone for many many years?

Advertise Here

#2 Commander Bob

Commander Bob

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

Well robert51, I was told that at my age, psoriasis was caused by a weakened immune system. Good luck getting the VA to make that connection & AO. I had psoriasis for the first time in my life, a year before my metastatic upper respiratory cancer was diagnosed. I filed a claim for AO in July 2008. I'm waiting for the denial letter, so I can get on with the NOD. RE: Psoriasis and stress and PTSD. It appears prima facie to me, however good luck with the VA. Are you 20 yr. protected with your sc disability?... Reopening a claim can also open a can of worms for you. Your new claim for AO could trigger a new PTSD C&P. Some people say don't rock the boat. I don't like threats, so I filed for AO recently, however I'm twenty year protected on all my other sc disabilities.

#3 robert51

robert51

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

Well robert51, I was told that at my age, psoriasis was caused by a weakened immune system. Good luck getting the VA to make that connection & AO. I had psoriasis for the first time in my life, a year before my metastatic upper respiratory cancer was diagnosed. I filed a claim for AO in July 2008. I'm waiting for the denial letter, so I can get on with the NOD. RE: Psoriasis and stress and PTSD. It appears prima facie to me, however good luck with the VA. Are you 20 yr. protected with your sc disability?... Reopening a claim can also open a can of worms for you. Your new claim for AO could trigger a new PTSD C&P. Some people say don't rock the boat. I don't like threats, so I filed for AO recently, however I'm twenty year protected on all my other sc disabilities.

. I did not expect any percentage but maybe I will just leave it like it is... thanks for the reply... Due to my lack of trust in our government I do get every year a report from my Private doctor she fills out one of them SSD questionnaires for me and I have them going back to 2004 saying I can not work and my treatment is on going 2 times a month now for 9 years... Like a boy scout one has to always be prepared with the paperwork when dealing with the government...

#4 Commander Bob

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1613 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

Agent Orange website... www.VA.gov/AgentOrangeHere is the current Agent Orange presumptive list, November, 2008, if you don't want to wait for the download at the VA website.

Health Conditions Presumptively Recognized to Date

The information contained in this article updates earlier issues of this newsletter. We are providing it again because of the high level of interest and because we know that some readers are seeing it for the first time. For more information, see www.VA.gov/AgentOrange.

The following health conditions are presumptively recognized for service connection for Vietnam veterans, based on exposure to herbicides and related materials during the Vietnam War. Vietnam veterans with one or more of these conditions do not have to show that their illness(es) is (are) related to their military service to get disability compensation. VA presumes that their condition is service-connected.

Conditions Recognized in Veterans:

1.Chloracne (must occur within 1 year of exposure to Agent Orange)

2.Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma

3.Soft tissue sarcoma (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi’s sarcoma, or mesothelioma)

4.Hodgkin’s disease

5.Porphyria cutanea tarda (must occur within 1 year of exposure)

6.Multiple myeloma

7.Respiratory cancers, including cancers of the lung, larynx, trachea, and bronchus

8.Prostate cancer

9.Acute and subacute transient peripheral neuropathy (must appear within 1 year of exposure and resolve within 2 years of date of onset)

10.Type 2 diabetes

11.Chronic lymphocytic leukemia

Also, Amyloidosis (AL not ALS) was added to the AO presumptive list in November 2008.

***Thanks to VA & Berta in compiling this list

#5 Commander Bob

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1613 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:06 PM

Merry Christmas robert51,... May I ask how long you have been PT? As I understand it, the 10th year mark is the magic number with P&T....DIC, etc... RE; Psoriasis, Did your pcp refer you to derm. clinic? They have some good Rx for that. No need to suffer with it.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93, 25 December 2008 - 03:12 PM.

#6 jstone1950

jstone1950

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer (Dec 10) after 4 biopsies beginning approximately 5 yrs ago. I'm also service-connected at 0% for residuals of hepititus and alpecia areaota. I served in Vietnam 69 - 70. I also applied for other disabilities including PTSD approximately in 1994 and was denied. I was compensated by the chemical company that sprayed ao during that time and applied to VA for residuals of ao such and was denied. I would like to know with this diagnosis if it can be used to reopen the initial claim. Thanks for your help in advance.

Advertise Here