Photo

Ptsd Claim

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#41 luvHIM

luvHIM

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:46 PM

Luvhim

I tried to get to the point that no vet wants to give the VA an alternative explanation for any disability they are claiming besides military service. The VA will ignore ten tons of evidence that supports service connection if they can jump on one sentence that could be the explanation for a disability that is not related to military service. This happened to me more than once. If you give the VA a string to pull on they will pull that string and unwind your claim.

John, I hear you...I had the same issue come up for me in the early part of my claim process back in 2003. I think that is when it turned into a "fight" with the VA. So, I know exactly what you're talking about.

#42 Petty Officer W

Petty Officer W

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

He was being treated! More then once, and he served in several war zones, he did make rank quickly when it came to serving his country and doing his job went above the norm and had perfect evaluations,
I think he was having a hard time adjusting to civilian life especially when he was used to being in charge ect............ yes the military was treating him in fact he spent 6 weeks in the hospital for inpatient alcohol treatment...... please explain to me what you mean by service connected he is deceased.

Christine

If you are filing for the MST you must show that you had PTSD prior to your husband's death. From what I have read it seems that your husband had some problems prior to his death. Was he ever treated for a mental condition while he was on active duty. Was his alcohol abuse self medication for an underlying problem. He seems to have made rank quickly and then got out with 16 years of service. Was there a traumatic event that happened to him. Perhaps his death should be looked into for service connection. I don't want to open an old wound, but look into all possibilities.