Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 05:07 PM) Correction Jan 20. 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 18 Year Anniversary
@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 11:38 AM) Jan 20, 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 19 Year Anniversary, That's Amazing.
@  britton : (23 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) I Got It Tbird Thank You
@  Tbird : (22 October 2014 - 05:26 AM) Britton Sent You A Pm
@  britton : (21 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Tbird, I Sent A Donation To Hadit Via Pay Pal...i Hope You Got It?
@  raven316 : (21 October 2014 - 01:59 PM) Glasses
@  iceturkee : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM) Good Luck Plum
@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 05:57 AM) Thank You Elliot K For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Timothy11 : (12 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Retro Pay

Photo
- - - - -

Ibs Rating Information

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 deyjason

deyjason

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Okay, I currently have filed a NOD and waiting for a DRO hearing for my IBS rated at 0%. I do not know what is required and don't have experience and was wondering if anyone could help me out. The rating schedule says:
7319 Irritable colon syndrome (spastic colitis, mucous colitis, etc.):

Severe; diarrhea, or alternating diarrhea and constipation, with more

or less constant abdominal distress..................................................................... 30

Moderate; frequent episodes of bowel disturbance with abdominal

distress........................................................................
........................................ 10

Mild, disturbances of bowel function with occasional episodes of

abdominal distress........................................................................
........................ 0

But what is more or less? What is frequent? What do I have to show. This is very generalized and seems like there is too much room for interpretation..

My condition was already service connected and C & P says I have daily episodes of diahrea with abdominal distress. Which occur 1,2, or more times a day. That atleast sounds frequent to me.....Any advice or experience with this type of claim would be greatly appreciated.

Advertise Here

#2 *Bergie*

*Bergie*

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Content Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

Okay, I currently have filed a NOD and waiting for a DRO hearing for my IBS rated at 0%. I do not know what is required and don't have experience and was wondering if anyone could help me out. The rating schedule says:
7319 Irritable colon syndrome (spastic colitis, mucous colitis, etc.):

or less constant abdominal distress..................................................................... 30

Moderate; frequent episodes of bowel disturbance with abdominal

distress........................................................................
........................................ 10

Mild, disturbances of bowel function with occasional episodes of

abdominal distress........................................................................
........................ 0

But what is more or less? What is frequent? What do I have to show. This is very generalized and seems like there is too much room for interpretation..

My condition was already service connected and C & P says I have daily episodes of diahrea with abdominal distress. Which occur 1,2, or more times a day. That atleast sounds frequent to me.....Any advice or experience with this type of claim would be greatly appreciated.

What I recommend is finding out the symptoms of IBS from the internet then if you get another exam from your NOD over state your symptoms maybe they will get the point.
Good luck,
Bergie

#3 121212

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

deyjason I have IBS rated at 30%, you need to tell your doc what you stated, about having daily episodes of diarrhea with abdominal distress occur 1,2, or more times a day. That would be

Just make sure your doc states it on the records and you get a cope and send it in with your NOD, at least you got serves connected at 0% does not sound like a lot but that is the hard part some times, it will take time but don't give up. I hope it work out for you, if you have any questions just ask.

Ken

#4 WHOLESALE

WHOLESALE

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

Get a copy of your exam if you haven't already. If it's quoted in there by the examiner that you are having multiple episodes every day with abdominal distress or stomach pain file a NOD, send in the IBS rating schedule, and type up a small letter letting them know that was not the correct rating according to the rating schedule. By what your examiner told you it looks like they lowballed you taking a chance you wouldn't appeal it.

Jay

deyjason I have IBS rated at 30%, you need to tell your doc what you stated, about having daily episodes of diarrhea with abdominal distress occur 1,2, or more times a day. That would be

Just make sure your doc states it on the records and you get a cope and send it in with your NOD, at least you got serves connected at 0% does not sound like a lot but that is the hard part some times, it will take time but don't give up. I hope it work out for you, if you have any questions just ask.

Ken

#5 sgmdae

sgmdae

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

Is constipation a symtom by itself or does Diareha need to part of the total problem.
I am comstipated most of time, I tract my bowel movements, because if don't move it seems to irritate my prostate, then the uncontrollable uerination. My question is the constapation, sometimes 7 days or more without much movement.

#6 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21866 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

I think it can go either way but you probably could help yourself out a lot by taking a stool softener.

#7 pete992

pete992

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1473 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

sgmdae,
I suggest you see a doctor, chronic constipation can lead to fissures and fistulas which would create a whole new problem for you. I would think the doctor would say start drinking a lot of water and increase fiber in your diet, try stool softeners and try to avoid sodas and alcohol (if apply) and chronic constipation can lead to a bladder disorder so you need to get it checked out.

deyjason,
You state you have frequent diarrhea with abdominal distress 1, 2, or more times a day. You can file a NOD and tell VA that you feel that you should be awarded (?%) because and state your condition, this will cause VA to look at that rating percentage and give a reason to approve or deny the rating. Also if chronic diarrhea cause you to where pads this could be service connected if you can't make it to a rest room.

As I said earlier IBS can cause problems with both the bladder and with stools which can be service connected

#8 slphelan

slphelan

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

I was awarded 10% SC for IBS and they never did a C & P exam. I remeber the PA stating that It was not requested that he evaluate me for IBS. Now that I have been rated would a NOD or request for re-evaluation/reconsideration be appropriate as the symptoms I have are daily like the 30% written about in this string. It was even written in the rating decision but I just got awarded after a 3 year fight.

#9 pete992

pete992

• 1473 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

slphelan
Has it been over a year since you got your rating, If not ask for a reconsideration not re-evaluation and state you feel you should be awarded 30% make them give you a reason why they can or can not award you this rating. If it is over a year, request that they review the decision that you feel that you should have been awarded 30%

a reconsideration will have them look at the evidence already in your file.

a re-evaluation will tell them you are filing for an increase

If they deny your claim and the evidence is in your file you have good grounds for an appeal

#10 WHOLESALE

WHOLESALE

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

Just trying to figure out here what the issue is? Constipation or Diarrhea? You stated you have diarrhea 2 to 3 times day but then you say your main issue is constipation. Which is it?

Frank

Is constipation a symtom by itself or does Diareha need to part of the total problem.
I am comstipated most of time, I tract my bowel movements, because if don't move it seems to irritate my prostate, then the uncontrollable uerination. My question is the constapation, sometimes 7 days or more without much movement.

#11 pete992

pete992

• 1473 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

WHOLESALE,

I believe that these are two different post by two different people

Actually it really doesn't matter it could be both. Constant diarrhea or constant constipation, IBS is the process of how the body breaks down food by eating certain things. It could cause both, a person could have diarrhea and then constipation it really depend on their diet and I have heard that stress may be involved also

Edited by pete992, 21 July 2009 - 06:59 PM.

#12 WHOLESALE

WHOLESALE

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

yep yep, I see it.....my bad.......eyes must be foggy along with my brain.....

WHOLESALE,

I believe that these are two different post by two different people

Actually it really doesn't matter it could be both. Constant diarrhea or constant constipation, IBS is the process of how the body breaks down food by eating certain things. It could cause both, a person could have diarrhea and then constipation it really depend on their diet and I have heard that stress may be involved also

Advertise Here