Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Atomicwidow Thank Your For Donating To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Tbird : (11 November 2014 - 07:00 AM) Veterans Day 2014 - Veterans Thank You For Your Service And Your Sacrifice.
@  Tbird : (10 November 2014 - 07:19 AM) Semper Fi Marines

Photo

How Do I Raise My Sc For Ptsd Due To Mst

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Destia

Destia

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

Hi everybody :D . I wanted to see if anyone knew how to raise my Service Connection for PTSD. Currently my rating is 30% for PTSD due to MST. I use to work at a VA hospital for about 3 years as a nurse and I abruptly quit because on one occasion I saw the bastard that hurt me while I was active duty checking in for an appointment with his wife and child. Almost two weeks later I decided to never return to work and I moved from Virginia to Michigan. I have not worked since. What I decided to do so I could make some money I went back to school. I have been a student for 1 year and a couple of months but I feel like quitting because it is getting harder for me to focus and concentrate. I also have a neurological condition 30% (Trygeminal Neuralgia) requireing me to use oxcycodone every six hours, been doing this for about 7 years now. The neurologist suggested that I should see someone in mental health, because if I can alleviate the depression my pain might go away. I also have a choice to have brain surgery that will stop the pain immediately but I might suffer paralysis. I will be damned if anyone does brain surgery on me. My question is.....Since I have not worked for over 3 years because of the PTSD and pain requireing the use of narcotics, can I increase my percentage? Currently I am 50%, someone told me to apply for social security, is this even possible? Anyway advice will be greatly appreciated. B)

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21895 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

If you are 30% rated for PTSD and can'twork you need to ask for a higher rating and tdiu cause you are not able to work. The rest should take care of itself. Since you are alrady rated the heavy lifting has been done.

Good Luck

#3 Destia

Destia

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:15 AM

If you are 30% rated for PTSD and can'twork you need to ask for a higher rating and tdiu cause you are not able to work. The rest should take care of itself. Since you are alrady rated the heavy lifting has been done.

Good Luck

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. One more question, who determines whether or not I can work. I ultimately left a great job as a nurse in the Va hospital. I was a pleasure for me to work everyday with veterans, because I am a veteran. I had to abruptly leave two weeks after I saw the person who raped me checking in with his wife and child to his appointment. I reported it to my superior and I also told my phychologist and then two weeks later I couldn't go back to work. This was over three years ago. Every time I have to go to any VA hospital, and you look at my vitals, everytime my heart rate is always over 100 beats per minute, some nurses will retake my pulse just to make sure the machine is wrong. I tell them that my heart rate is fast because I always get anxious and scared to enter any va hospital. Anyway, so should I make an appointment and see my primary care doctor, so he can write down in my records that I can no longer work. Does he solely go by what I tell him. I have contemplated getting admitted for my increased PTSD but I feel like it will only get worse because they do not have seperate care for females that have PTSD due to MST. I really dont have a problem with men in general but my condition requires me to not be as trusting because of my past. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Once again thank you for you advice. I will take it and act on it. If I could exchange what I feel every day with my worst enemy, I would do it in a heart beat, well only if I really hated them. lol. :D

#4 kellyhayes

kellyhayes

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:44 AM

Good Luck

If you are not yet reached that 30% rate for PTSD will you not be qualified for a higher rating?
You got everything in place but this is just the problem you didn't reached the 30% rate.

regards,
kelly

#5 Paulo

Paulo

E-2 Recruit

• New User Review
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hi everybody B) . I wanted to see if anyone knew how to raise my Service Connection for PTSD. Currently my rating is 30% for PTSD due to MST. I use to work at a VA hospital for about 3 years as a nurse and I abruptly quit because on one occasion I saw the bastard that hurt me while I was active duty checking in for an appointment with his wife and child. Almost two weeks later I decided to never return to work and I moved from Virginia to Michigan. I have not worked since. What I decided to do so I could make some money I went back to school. I have been a student for 1 year and a couple of months but I feel like quitting because it is getting harder for me to focus and concentrate. I also have a neurological condition 30% (Trygeminal Neuralgia) requireing me to use oxcycodone every six hours, been doing this for about 7 years now. The neurologist suggested that I should see someone in mental health, because if I can alleviate the depression my pain might go away. I also have a choice to have brain surgery that will stop the pain immediately but I might suffer paralysis. I will be damned if anyone does brain surgery on me. My question is.....Since I have not worked for over 3 years because of the PTSD and pain requireing the use of narcotics, can I increase my percentage? Currently I am 50%, someone told me to apply for social security, is this even possible? Anyway advice will be greatly appreciated. :D

#6 Paulo

Paulo

E-2 Recruit

• New User Review
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

Definitely apply for social security.... they approved me in three months.... I was shocked. Apparently they are pushing through things related to PTSD and MST. just sign a release for them to get your medical records. They even back dated it for a year for me because i had not worked in the last year.... got a nice lump sum check and get 1200.00/mo from SSI based on my previous income payments into social security. Wish the VA worked as fast and efficiently as they did.