Search

Help fund HadIt.com. Please note HadIt.com is NOT a non-profit, there is no tax deduction for helping to fund HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC

We have been very lucky since 1997 in being able to fund the site from advertising and my own pocket. Unfortunately my pockets are empty and revenue for the site is down. So if you want to help keep the site funded please use the button below and help fund the site.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Notorious Kelly : (21 September 2014 - 07:04 AM) Thanks, T, And Kudos To Kacy!
@  Tbird : (21 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Forum Is Back Up And Running. We Lost Some Posts, But Were Able To Restore All The Posts To Sep 17. A Big Thank You To Member Kacy For Volunteering And Getting This Fixed.
@  raptorick : (20 September 2014 - 10:12 PM) Posts After The 17Th Are Missing
@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Still No Letter In The Mail, But I Think I Was Denied. Feeling Depressed!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) Claim Closed On The 8Th, Its 3 Days Later And Ebenefits Still Shows My Same Old Rating.
@  Rotor Head : (11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM) Remember, The 'e' In Ebennies Stands For Entertainment. :blink:
@  ssgtob1 : (11 September 2014 - 05:14 AM) Got Back In, No Change The Last 10 Times I Checked It :(
@  Notorious Kelly : (10 September 2014 - 07:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Back "up" (But I Can't Do Anything In It) ;)
@  carlie : (10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM) Good - They Should Be Helping The Vets In The Virgin Islands - They Should Be Helping All Vets That Can't Earn A Living Due To Something They Experienced On Active Duty.
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:37 PM) I Saw On Va.gov That They Are Helping The Homeless Vets In The Us Virgin Islands....im In!
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:35 PM) You Must Be A Patient Man To Check It Only Every 10 Minutes, I Hit F5 Every 3 Seconds!
@  ssgtob1 : (10 September 2014 - 12:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Down :( Now I Cant Check It Every 10 Minutes
@  Gastone : (10 September 2014 - 04:25 AM) Heads Up! The 2013 Cbo Report Big Savings By Taxing Comp And Eliminating Iu Past 65 Starting In 2015. Not A Done Deal, Yet! Yrs Of Age.

Photo

How Do I Raise My Sc For Ptsd Due To Mst

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Destia

Destia

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

Hi everybody :D . I wanted to see if anyone knew how to raise my Service Connection for PTSD. Currently my rating is 30% for PTSD due to MST. I use to work at a VA hospital for about 3 years as a nurse and I abruptly quit because on one occasion I saw the bastard that hurt me while I was active duty checking in for an appointment with his wife and child. Almost two weeks later I decided to never return to work and I moved from Virginia to Michigan. I have not worked since. What I decided to do so I could make some money I went back to school. I have been a student for 1 year and a couple of months but I feel like quitting because it is getting harder for me to focus and concentrate. I also have a neurological condition 30% (Trygeminal Neuralgia) requireing me to use oxcycodone every six hours, been doing this for about 7 years now. The neurologist suggested that I should see someone in mental health, because if I can alleviate the depression my pain might go away. I also have a choice to have brain surgery that will stop the pain immediately but I might suffer paralysis. I will be damned if anyone does brain surgery on me. My question is.....Since I have not worked for over 3 years because of the PTSD and pain requireing the use of narcotics, can I increase my percentage? Currently I am 50%, someone told me to apply for social security, is this even possible? Anyway advice will be greatly appreciated. B)

Advertise Here

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21832 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

If you are 30% rated for PTSD and can'twork you need to ask for a higher rating and tdiu cause you are not able to work. The rest should take care of itself. Since you are alrady rated the heavy lifting has been done.

Good Luck

#3 Destia

Destia

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:15 AM

If you are 30% rated for PTSD and can'twork you need to ask for a higher rating and tdiu cause you are not able to work. The rest should take care of itself. Since you are alrady rated the heavy lifting has been done.

Good Luck

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. One more question, who determines whether or not I can work. I ultimately left a great job as a nurse in the Va hospital. I was a pleasure for me to work everyday with veterans, because I am a veteran. I had to abruptly leave two weeks after I saw the person who raped me checking in with his wife and child to his appointment. I reported it to my superior and I also told my phychologist and then two weeks later I couldn't go back to work. This was over three years ago. Every time I have to go to any VA hospital, and you look at my vitals, everytime my heart rate is always over 100 beats per minute, some nurses will retake my pulse just to make sure the machine is wrong. I tell them that my heart rate is fast because I always get anxious and scared to enter any va hospital. Anyway, so should I make an appointment and see my primary care doctor, so he can write down in my records that I can no longer work. Does he solely go by what I tell him. I have contemplated getting admitted for my increased PTSD but I feel like it will only get worse because they do not have seperate care for females that have PTSD due to MST. I really dont have a problem with men in general but my condition requires me to not be as trusting because of my past. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Once again thank you for you advice. I will take it and act on it. If I could exchange what I feel every day with my worst enemy, I would do it in a heart beat, well only if I really hated them. lol. :D

#4 kellyhayes

kellyhayes

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:44 AM

Good Luck

If you are not yet reached that 30% rate for PTSD will you not be qualified for a higher rating?
You got everything in place but this is just the problem you didn't reached the 30% rate.

regards,
kelly

#5 Paulo

Paulo

E-2 Recruit

• New User Review
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hi everybody B) . I wanted to see if anyone knew how to raise my Service Connection for PTSD. Currently my rating is 30% for PTSD due to MST. I use to work at a VA hospital for about 3 years as a nurse and I abruptly quit because on one occasion I saw the bastard that hurt me while I was active duty checking in for an appointment with his wife and child. Almost two weeks later I decided to never return to work and I moved from Virginia to Michigan. I have not worked since. What I decided to do so I could make some money I went back to school. I have been a student for 1 year and a couple of months but I feel like quitting because it is getting harder for me to focus and concentrate. I also have a neurological condition 30% (Trygeminal Neuralgia) requireing me to use oxcycodone every six hours, been doing this for about 7 years now. The neurologist suggested that I should see someone in mental health, because if I can alleviate the depression my pain might go away. I also have a choice to have brain surgery that will stop the pain immediately but I might suffer paralysis. I will be damned if anyone does brain surgery on me. My question is.....Since I have not worked for over 3 years because of the PTSD and pain requireing the use of narcotics, can I increase my percentage? Currently I am 50%, someone told me to apply for social security, is this even possible? Anyway advice will be greatly appreciated. :D

#6 Paulo

Paulo

E-2 Recruit

• New User Review
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

Definitely apply for social security.... they approved me in three months.... I was shocked. Apparently they are pushing through things related to PTSD and MST. just sign a release for them to get your medical records. They even back dated it for a year for me because i had not worked in the last year.... got a nice lump sum check and get 1200.00/mo from SSI based on my previous income payments into social security. Wish the VA worked as fast and efficiently as they did.

Advertise Here