Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  carlie : (30 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) Vet211060 - I Guess They're Not That Shameful After All : - ) Congrats On Some Positive Adjudication
@  vet201060 : (30 August 2014 - 04:24 PM) Dav Sent Letter Saying I Am 100% Effective Oct 2013
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:35 PM) Wish There Was A "like" Button For Some Of These Comments.......
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:26 PM) Amen To That!
@  vet201060 : (28 August 2014 - 09:55 PM) Va Is So Shameful!!
@  artlouis : (27 August 2014 - 11:36 AM) Code 7019
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) Damn Post It Notes
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) True That
@  Asiadaug : (26 August 2014 - 07:46 PM) I Have Yet To Deal With Any Piece Of Va That Isn't A Dysfunctional Mess...ebenefits, Claim Filing, Billing...and To Think Our Tax Dollars Are Used To Perpetuate That Calamity!
@  carlie : (26 August 2014 - 05:39 PM) notorious kelly - loved your shout ! ! !
@  GlassRose1500 : (26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM) Would Someone Add Smc Housbound Plus Smc A&a Regular And One Smc K For Me? I Can't Seem To Do That Math!
@  Notorious Kelly : (26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM) Ebenefits Is Not A Thermometer In The Rectum Of Your Claim; It Is A Post-It Note That May Or Not Be Updated Or Accurate. Try Not To Obsess ;)
@  mcassidy : (26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) Osa
@  Jaluluah11B : (26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM) My Reconsideration Finally Showed Up On Ebenefits As A New Claim.  gathering Evidence.  [font=Arial][size=3]Automated 5103 Notice Response Needed. [/size][/font]
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 10:00 AM) Went From Pending Decision Approval To Review Of Evidence Today, I Need To Stop Looking At It. Drives You Crazy Waiting
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 09:30 PM) @coriemboh I Get My Best Claim Advice Here, But My Dav Guy Gets The Best Intel Once The Claim Is Filed
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) The Average Processing Time Is 9 Months More Or Less. Every Time I Call The 800#, I Get A Different Answer. Goe, Roe....make Up Your Mind!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:56 PM) I Just Want To Know Ballpark Figure Of How Much Longer My Claim Will Take. The Bills Are Piling Up. Adds To My Anxiety And Depression. Sure Wish I Could Tell Bill Collectors The Same Things Va Tells Me!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:54 PM) @glassrose1500-No, I Don't. I Put In For Representation A Few Days Ago, But I'm Sure That End Won't Pan Out Until The Claim Is Closed.
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Would Appreciate Feedback On My Smc Draft - Posted In The Smc Section! Tkx!

Photo
- - - - -

New Agent Orange Cancer Bill H.r. 3491

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 allan

allan

Content Contributor

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13030 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

Subject: New Agent Orange Cancer Bill H.R. 3491 Mr. Holstein of Congressman Kagen' Off
Date: Aug 3, 2009 6:16 PM

New Agent Orange Cancer Bill H.R. 3491

Mr. Holstein of Congressman Kagen' Office sent me a copy of the AO Cancer bill introduced by Congressman Kagen. The bill is not posted yet on the DC watch bill sites but should be shortly.

As most of you know I have given them both a hard time on this bill especially with the data that is out there that demonstrates the herbicide connection. However, I must give credit where it is earned and true to their word they have reintroduced the bill.

Now then; now it is entirely up to the Nation's Veterans/Widows/Offspring of Veterans to get this bill passed and put into law. I will post congressional offices later to contact as well and please contact your two senators. I would recommend taking five minutes and writing a letter of support as that seems to be the best way to support these bills. Or even a group petition signed by churches or any organization with a signature list.

Cosponsors are:

Joe Baca (D-CA)

Madeline Bordallo (D-Guam)

Rush Holt (D-NJ)

Jim McDermott (D-WA)

Mike McIntyre (D-NC)

Mike Rogers (R-AL)

Michael Michaud (D-ME)

Jan Shakowsky (D-IL)

Bill is shown below

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/CancerBill2.htm

Kelley

[/b]Mr. Holstein of Congressman Kagen' Office sent me a copy of the AO Cancer bill introduced by Congressman Kagen. The bill is not posted yet on the DC watch bill sites but should be shortly.

As most of you know I have given them both a hard time on this bill especially with the data that is out there that demonstrates the herbicide connection. However, I must give credit where it is earned and true to their word they have reintroduced the bill.

Now then; now it is entirely up to the Nation's Veterans/Widows/Offspring of Veterans to get this bill passed and put into law. I will post congressional offices later to contact as well and please contact your two senators. I would recommend taking five minutes and writing a letter of support as that seems to be the best way to support these bills. Or even a group petition signed by churches or any organization with a signature list.

Cosponsors are:

Joe Baca (D-CA)

Madeline Bordallo (D-Guam)

Rush Holt (D-NJ)

Jim McDermott (D-WA)

Mike McIntyre (D-NC)

Mike Rogers (R-AL)

Michael Michaud (D-ME)

Jan Shakowsky (D-IL)

Bill is shown below

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/CancerBill2.htm

Kelley

Edited by allan, 03 August 2009 - 05:12 PM.

Advertise Here

#2 Commander Bob

Commander Bob

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

You should read some of the comments on the attached link. It really got heated up. It also shows how some of the public think about Vietnam vets and Agent Orange.

http://washingtonwat..._3491.html#toc0

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93, 03 August 2009 - 06:37 PM.

#3 sjh4951

sjh4951

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

As you already know, these sponsers were for the bill when it was in the 110th.
To date, there is only one co-sponsor in the 111th.

I have contacted some of the vet organizations and
have been told that they will not back this bill without the research (this was when it was in the 110th).
Just who is going to research gastric cancers? I find it hard to accept that in the last 4 decades there
has been NO research on any gastric cancers. Take esophageal cancer as a classic example. It has risen
350% since ten years after the VN war. A red flag indeed but no one out there is researching just why the increase in this particular cancer. The best I've seen is, "it might be from obesity" and "more research is needed"
but NO ONE is doing it.

Our efforts should be directed at getting this research done. The bill will never pass without it.

#4 Commander Bob

Commander Bob

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

It's a known fact that our Gov. knew the dioxin dangers of Agent Orange as far back as the early 1950's. Colin Powell's remarks " You break it. You buy it." applies to Agent Orange contamination. This was willful misconduct, on the part of the military and DOD-DOW. When I was in Vietnam, we had to resupply our canteens and personal water supply from the streams and run off of Agent Orange contaminated areas. Any fool now knows, if you drink Agent Orange Kool-Aid, it could very well damage internal organs and passage ways, including esophageal and gastric systems. The ingestion of AO through the water supply is the elephant in the room, when sub-committee's debate the issue. If the Congress was required to drink a bottle of AO water. How many would?

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93, 06 August 2009 - 10:28 AM.

#5 sjh4951

sjh4951

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

I so agree with you! I'm dismayed by the lack of support regarding bill 3491. The negative comments there are
unbelievable. Such lack of respect for our veterans is beyond my comprehenion.
When this bill was first posted the voting was 75 for, 25 against but it has definately gone the other way.
What are these people thinking?

For some reason you can no longer bring up this bill through google so I will try again to post the link.
It appears ok in the body of the e-mail but when I do a preview it wipes part of the link out??? Really would like to see more positive support for this bill.

http://www.washingto...tml#commentform
Well, it wipes part of the link again so
after /show/ in the above link, add 111_HR_3491.html#commentform
maybe that will work for anyone here that wants to view the bill or comment.

Just tried the first link and it is working...

Edited by sjh4951, 06 August 2009 - 10:43 AM.

Advertise Here