Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  arng11 : (26 November 2014 - 11:30 AM) Everyone Enjoy The Holidays And Be Safe.
@  eagle1012004 : (26 November 2014 - 10:10 AM) Have A Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Atomicwidow Thank Your For Donating To Our Funding Campaign.

- - - - -

Report Of Va Contact Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Berta_*GuestMember

Guest_Berta_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:34 AM

I have a call box on each of three phones and check them a few times a day for calls I missed.

I also just went through over 4,000 old emails.

The VA under Evidence in this crappy SOC said Report of Contact May 5, 2004 and April 7, 2005.

These dates correspond with no mail, calls, or email from the VARO.They dont match with any evidence dates or any actions taken in the SOC.

On April 7th 2005 I got my usual emailed press release from VACO.
That stuff is public news , nothing to do with my claim.

What does Report of Contact mean?

#2 Guest_Susan S_*GuestMember

Guest_Susan S_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:37 PM

Berta, could these be dates YOU called THEM to check on status of claim?

(Or, it could be a record of contact the VARO had with life forms on their mother planet.) B)

--Susan

#3 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21895 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:42 PM

Don't forget that some of the VA people have a tendacy to use fiction about what they have done and what you have told them.

If you want to find out just look at a few of your patient notes and you will find that the VA did all kinds of things you have no idea about.

#4 Guest_Berta_*GuestMember

Guest_Berta_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:42 PM

Pete - you are SO RIGHT!
Susan- you are too- about the twilight zone-these dates do not correspond with anything- she must have got this from the other DRO. He got my claim on a friday months ago and took a week off. Then a vet rep checked the claim and assured me it was on the center of his desk with the IMOS on top of it.He came back a week later and retired and I heard he kind of laughed when he told the new dro in training that he would help her with it-he didnt.
Sometimes I can squeeze these little tidbits out of the 800# reps.
But I never heard from him either.

I am delirious- I found three specific ways she violated 38 USCS 5107a
and also can prove she lied.

I am more concerned about my so called vet rep with my POA up there-
I sent him orders as to exactly what he will do for me on Monday about this since he apparently hasnt done anything for me at all in 8 years of representation.

It is a HOOT -I couldnt wait until they read these IMOs they have had for almost a year and then - they dont even acknowledge them-
I didnt get a deNOVO -I got a de sameo sameo !
she copied word for word the last decision.

She couldnt make her own decision.
This is getting funnier by the minute to me-
But like my kid said- Mom these decisions look official and intimidating so many vets must walk away-
she said without knowing better she would have on her Chap 35 decision when they gave her one month instead of 7 years and one month.You cant get a Masters in a month.
It is really not funny-though- it is a absolute national disgrace what veterans have to go through-and seem to be getting worse.

#5 mssoup1

mssoup1

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:06 AM

Pete - you are SO RIGHT!
Susan- you are too- about the twilight zone-these dates do not correspond with anything- she must have got this from the other DRO. He got my claim on a friday months ago and took a week off. Then a vet rep checked the claim and assured me it was on the center of his desk with the IMOS on top of it.He came back a week later and retired and I heard he kind of laughed when he told the new dro in training that he would help her with it-he didnt.
Sometimes I can squeeze these little tidbits out of the 800# reps.
But I never heard from him either.
I am delirious- I found three specific ways she violated 38 USCS 5107a
and also can prove she lied.

I am more concerned about my so called vet rep with my POA up there-
I sent him orders as to exactly what he will do for me on Monday about this since he apparently hasnt done anything for me at all in 8 years of representation.

It is a HOOT -I couldnt wait until they read these IMOs they have had for almost a year and then - they dont even acknowledge them-
I didnt get a deNOVO -I got a de sameo sameo !
she copied word for word the last decision.

She couldnt make her own decision.
This is getting funnier by the minute to me-
But like my kid said- Mom these decisions look official and intimidating so many vets must walk away-
she said without knowing better she would have on her Chap 35 decision when they gave her one month instead of 7 years and one month.You cant get a Masters in a month.
It is really not funny-though- it is a absolute national disgrace what veterans have to go through-and seem to be getting worse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Berta,

I've been helping a Vet with a back claim that he has. This has not been an easy claim. He made a trip to the local VARO to take some additional evidence we had on his claim and talked with a rep there. The rep actually went and got his folder and proceded to look through it. To my astonishment, there were e-mails written from the VARO to the C & P examiner and back. He went through 2 C & P exams since we stated that the first one was an incompetent exam. When the C & P examiner from the first incompetent exam responded back to the e-mail, she made comments and statements about the contents of the exam and did not even have his file in front of her. In fact, some of this e-mailing was done from the examiners home and not at the VAMC office. We also could not understand why she would be responding to an e-mail, since her exam was considered incompetent and the veteran was afforded another exam by an actual doctor. The e-mails also contained conflicting information in them.

Needless to say, I jumped on this big time. Had he not gone to the VARO and had a chance to look at his file, he would never have seen this correspondence which took place. Amazing what type of correspondence goes on in the background that you are not aware of and can have a huge impact on your claim.

We've been all the way to a BVA hearing and now awaiting to hear something back from them on his claim. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that he hears something good back from them. Would really make my day.

Bev.

#6 Guest_Berta_*GuestMember

Guest_Berta_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:17 AM

YES- the c file an contain incredible stuff-

I am still astonished at what I found in mine.
I filed an additional claim the day after I got it.

A lot goes on that we dont know until we do some detective work and really review our files.

#7 Guest_Morgan_*GuestMember

Guest_Morgan_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:26 PM

What does Report of Contact mean?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Berta,
I called the 800# once and the rep told me that a report of contact is made each time I call the VA.

I am so, so sorry that you have had a temporary setback. If I can ever help you please let me know. You are such a blessing to all of us here and many of us feel the disappointment with you about this all-too-familiar incompetency from the VA. I share the rage as well. Can they never do anything right? Evidence and details as plain as the nose on their faces, yet they miss or ignore it!

Carrie

#8 Guest_Berta_*GuestMember

Guest_Berta_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:55 PM

Thanks Terry - I am A OK!- had a VERY interesting day-

My vet reps screwed up big time---as well as VARO.
Copied word for word -from last decision, my New decision was not de novo- it was sameo sameo-a direct violation of VA regs and law. (YIPPEE)

I just bought a take out of Chinese food and I am in Heaven!

Will be back here soon - There are things here that need immediate attention-

Someone at my POA asked me what I had been taking in school-and someone here did too-
when I said Battlefield Command,tactical decision making, maneuver warfare etc, he realised his POA's boss is going to deal with a lot as they begin to address my complaints.

I told them a few things to do this AM and they did do them.
That is pretty bad - I have to tell my vet reps what to do.
And I have to tell the VARO-what to do-
There sure is something wrong with that picture and - then again maybe they havent messed up other claims like mine-

But if they only messed up mine- that is Discrimination!
Either way I shall succeed!

#9 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21895 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:15 PM

Well the SO's and the VARO's have met their match.

#10 Guest_Berta_*GuestMember

Guest_Berta_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

The first Report of contact was receipt of my letter to Sec Nicholson-
guess he couldnt read and thought it was a claim.

It was regarding Blue Water vets and other gripes in general for all VA clamants.

The second Report of COntact was from the former DRO who got my claim in late July-he went on vacation, came back and retired- then gave it to the 3 week newby wannabee DRO that I got stuck with.

The Report of contact on the VA PC and in my decision is very interesting as this is what should have triggered my vet reps to begin doing their jobs.
I was never contacted at all but I believe they were.