Photo
- - - - -

Does Va Recognize Hypertension Progression

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 george393

george393

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

Question for anybody. Thanks.

I had 10% SC hypertension 2 years ago on retirement. The hypertension has progressed to hypertensive heart disease (left enlarged ventiicular with ejection fraction of 47%).

Is it possible that the origional award of 10% could be upgraded since this is a progression of the origional hypertension? Have all the reports to support the latest findings are hypertension related.

#2 bohemath

bohemath

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

Question for anybody. Thanks.

I had 10% SC hypertension 2 years ago on retirement. The hypertension has progressed to hypertensive heart disease (left enlarged ventiicular with ejection fraction of 47%).

Is it possible that the origional award of 10% could be upgraded since this is a progression of the origional hypertension? Have all the reports to support the latest findings are hypertension related.

Yes hypertension heart disease is rated at 30% put your claim in as soon as possible

#3 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6307 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:45 PM

Heart disease is accociated with HTN. 47 percent EF is a 60 percent rating with the current HTN rating still at a separate 10 percent, ( Not Pyramiding)
This claim should be a slam dunk.

What diagnosed the Heart disease, Echo or Cath?

J

#4 AimHigh1986

AimHigh1986

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:54 AM

George, I hope your claim moves quicker than mine. In Aug 09 I filed a claim for heart disease secondary to my sc hypertension (0%). My left anterior descending coronary artery is 99% blocked; I had to have emergency heart bypass surgery, and I thought that this would be a no-brainer. For some reason, the VA has stalled on my claim. They scheduled my C&P exams pretty quickly (Echo, EKG, X-rays, Stress test, etc), but once QTC sent their findings to the VA on 14 Dec 09, things came to a screeching halt. I don't even receive those obligatory "we're still working on your claim" letters anymore. Nothing, nada.

#5 george393

george393

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

[Jbasser it was done by cath.