Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  rootbeer22 : (20 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Buddy Statements
@  IraqVet : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 PM) Anyone Recieveing Letters From Vfw To Applay For Tricare And Campava Supplimantal Insurance When You Do Not Have 100% Yet....mines Pending But I Wonder If They Know Something I Dont
@  Detonator : (19 August 2014 - 10:51 AM) Insomnia
@  jbasser : (18 August 2014 - 08:29 PM) Folks, Dont Miss The Hadit Radio Show Wed At 1Pm Eastern. The Basser Hour.
@  Thadine : (18 August 2014 - 12:23 PM) Nod
@  carlie : (18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM) Notapb1 - Might Get More Replies If You Post The Questions Into The Forums.
@  notapb1 : (18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM) Looking For Feedback. I Have Applied For Iu. Was Told To Come In For A Psych Eval And Diabetes Clinic. Received A Call From Va They Were Cancelling The Psych Eval As The Doc(?) Who Did It In March(Ptsd Increase) Was Asked For His Opinion And He Was Going To Submit That. This Is The Same Individual Who Told Me Off The Record About Iu And To Contact My Service Officer. Sounds Positive To Me, But I May Be A Little Bias. Thoughts?
@  waltbarb : (16 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Appeal
@  MarkInTexas : (16 August 2014 - 04:49 PM) Just Testing This "shout" Thing....... Have A Great Weekend Everybody!
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:40 PM) I Reset Firefox And Now Can Read- Probably Kok Issue (Kitties On The Keyboard)
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM) I Couldn't Read Posts So I Changed Theme To Ipboard Mobile. Now I Can Read And It Says Hadit Custom
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:32 PM) Raymondb50 - Probably Better To Post Your Question To The Board.
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:15 PM) Raymondbb50 - What Is It That You Want ?
@  raymondb50 : (15 August 2014 - 09:47 PM) How Do I Change Member Title And Group Info In My Profile?
@  carlie : (15 August 2014 - 08:37 PM) Just Saying Hi To All
@  WoundedWarrior : (14 August 2014 - 08:50 AM) Got Unofficial Word From The Vso - Unofficially Approved For Tdiu, Effective Date 6/3/2014
@  mrmark1999 : (13 August 2014 - 06:23 PM) Ok When You Call The 1800 # You Feel Like They Allways Have Heavy Call Volume
@  Notorious Kelly : (13 August 2014 - 06:08 AM) Hi Autumn - Those Links Aren't Working Thru Shoutbox; Maybe In A Regular Post. Thanks!
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://bit.ly/1Ojvi2B : Why Would A Doctor With A Sense Of Integrity And Really Good Medical Quals Want To Work At This Thug Org? Central Office Ties Their Hands Too Boot.
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://hrld.us/1Rohsam : Progress? Only In The Va Thuggery Imagination. How Many Of Us Got Denied On Nonsensical Logic And Now Wait More Years?

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple Herniated Discs, Degenerative Disc Disease

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 kimo67

kimo67

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hi, I am new on here and I had a question for all of you. I have 7 herniated discs, that were discovered in 2008 and I have gone through a lengthy process to get the VA to recognize as service connected. I ETSed in 2003, due to medical issues, some of those problems such as nerve pain and loss of sensation in my left arm (which were SC when I got out) have now been found to be caused by these herniated discs. The VA put 3 of the discs under my Left Arm Radiopathy SC and did not increase my rating from 20%, and put the other 4 under 'mild levoscoliosis' a new SC disability at 0%. I am not really sure how that was worked out, as I have never been told by a doctor that I have scoliosis, but that I have 7 mild to severely herniated discs and Degenerative Disc Disease, but I am glad they are Service Connected now. I have since resubmitted, with MRIs, Dr's letters a nerve conduction test and what not for Degenerative Disc Disease and I am waiting for decision. For the first time though the VA has not set up any appointment to examine me, they said that they have all of the information that they need, and I am not sure what to make of that. What should I expect for 7 discs under DDD? 1 mild, 3 moderate and 3 severely herniated. I have also seen on here for the first time 'Chronic Pain Disorder' is that type of claim where I would be able to get them to acknowledge the pain and heavy narcotics that I have to take in order to function? I currently take 100 mg of Morphine, 3 Vicoden and 3 Flexeril, plus naproxin every day, all directly for my SC issues. Thank you for all of your help

KKM - 60% SC

30% Hearing loss, 20% Left Arm Radiopathy, 10% Osteo Arthritis, 10% tinnitus, 10% Knee damage, 0% Mild levoscoliosis, 0% HBP, 0% Sinusitis

Advertise Here

Advertise Here