Photo

Denied Tdui And/or 100 % And I Am Almost Crippled!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#81 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22282 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

Well I have submitted my Appeal and requested a BVA video conference.
Does anyone have any idea how long that takes before you get one?

lone,
Here's a link to my BVA timeline I posted just a few days ago.
I appealed and had 2 in person BVA hearings.
My Form 9 was received on 2/20/2001
I finally had a partial grant and some issue remanded on 08/17/2010.
That's 9 years and my VARO is still to this date - supposedly working on the remanded issues.

http://www.hadit.com...__1#entry251177

#82 1lonewolf

1lonewolf

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Just an update for everyone. Unofficially My BVA hearing is to be held via video conference on October 29th. In the interim I was sent to a chiropractor by the VA but he released me after 2 visits as my issues are not correctable nor can anything be done for me from a chiropractic standpoint. I am schedule for acupuncture later this month and I am in the hope that just maybe I will potentially get some type of relief. I have traveled the country inside and outside the VA looking for some type of relief but I have exhausted all avenues other than acupuncture. It is the only thing left I have not done. I will keep everyone posted on how my BVA hearing goes as well as any other updates I may have in the interim.

#83 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6309 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

Hang in there Brother.

John

#84 1lonewolf

1lonewolf

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

Apparently My DAV rep has transferred to another DAV office and I have been assigned a new Rep. The letter from my state senator from the V.A. regional office stating my BVA hearing was on Ocotober 29th was apparently a mistake according to my new DAV rep. I personally think it fell through the cracks in the shuffle when My rep left. Now I am being told my BVA hearing will be in January of 2012. So I patiently await this hearing as I have for quite some time now. In the interim I have now been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea which goes along with my other sleep issues. I have filed a new claim for that issue as I have been told by my Doctor that it is positively secondary to my G.I. issues. I will continue to update my post as things unfold with my claims. I hope everyone has a happy Holiday Season.

#85 1lonewolf

1lonewolf

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

I finally have my BVA hearing via video conference on Feb 22nd. I will keep everyone posted on how that goes as well as the decision. There are apparently allot of cases very close to mine out there and several awards. I will keep a positive attitude and continue to update my post so if anyone else has secondary issues due to abnormal gait/SC injuries they will have a complete set of information on what I have had to do. Thanks for everyones support!

#86 NJBB62

NJBB62

• PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hang in there Brother, I'm praying for you to finally come back with a success story!

Good Luck,

NJ

#87 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22282 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

I finally have my BVA hearing via video conference on Feb 22nd. I will keep everyone posted on how that goes as well as the decision. There are apparently allot of cases very close to mine out there and several awards. I will keep a positive attitude and continue to update my post so if anyone else has secondary issues due to abnormal gait/SC injuries they will have a complete set of information on what I have had to do. Thanks for everyones support!

lone,
Try to stay focused on the issues being considered and the evidence that support these issues.
It is of utmost importance to point out ALL evidence that rebutts the reasons for prior denials.
Good luck - update us when you can.

#88 cooter

cooter

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

Lonewolf....Just to let ya know, I been keeping an eye open for any new episodes(lol) on your conditions. I'm more or less in the same picture as you are, even with the newly dx of sleep apnea (Central). Dr believes the cause is the opiates I'm on. Its in the serious range of 87.4 per hour. I take it yours is obstruction type? Anyway, I been limping since 1976, and still are, even after my total knee replacement in 88". At least it's been noted in my med file at the VAMC.
Since then I've been dx'd with severe lower back problems, neck, shoulders and arms as well, including sciatica infringement involving my hip, butt, legs and feet.
I'm checking with my Dr to see if my bladder has any relation to all of this. For a while now, when I get the urge to go, it's like it comes on rapidly with full force. There's no pre-warnings.
I truly hope the conference goes in your favor Lonewolf..
Like I said, I'll be watching your posts. Best of Luck!!!

Coot

#89 1lonewolf

1lonewolf

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. Focusing on the evidence and issues will not be a difficult task. I have 3 IMOs and plenty of evidence and I am taking a few witnesses. It still boggles my mind how one Doctor can be so obviously biased when evidence to the contrary is overwhelming both inside and outside the VA. As we all know the system is set up that way but I can only stay focused and hope that justice and right prevails this time now that is has been taken outside regional and upstairs.I will update everyone after my hearing and let you know how it goes.

#90 1lonewolf

1lonewolf

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hello everyone. I wanted to update my post and let everyone know that my Video hearing with the BVA went well. The Judge was very pleasant and seemed to see the evidence for what it really is. I was also able to reference those diagnosis by VA docs already in my Medical records that have always been overlooked at regional. She skipped my hips and went straight to my evidence and my back as if she knew I had everything already needed to warrant a decision. She said I want to skip Ahead and ask you a few questions if that was O.K. With me because she had reviewed my case and everything seemed to be clear. She referenced my IMOs and had an attitude as if she didn't need to hear allot because she had it right there in front of here. In one stack she had the bad C and P exam and in the other stack in front of her she had the 2 IMOs. She asked me were and who in my VA records had the same opinion as my IMO and I referenced those opinions. My DAV rep ask her to review my evidence and if the decision is not favorable to remand me for an IMO outside the VA to alleviate any doubt if she had any. She said she didn't think that would be necessary. Then she explained the process and told me I would get a transcript with a few months and that she would review my evidence and render a decision in 3 to 4 months. Everything seemed very positive from her perspective. Guess I will wait and see if Justice prevails finally but I can tell you that it is hard not to be anxious about it with as positive as the hearing went. We all know better than to do that but I feel it went as well as one could and I was well prepared and got everything in I needed to even though it was pretty short. She also ask the witness I took a question which also went well. You never have to prepare to tell the truth but I was prepared to reference some things that had been overlooked before but she already had those same questions for me so I didn't have to even bring them up. Just give her the answers. So in closing I would say that the overwhelming evidence and IMOs should be enough by VA law to warrant the decision that should have ready made at regional and by her demeanor I truly believe she felt the same way. I will update everyone as things unfold and we shall see. I was in allot of pain from having to wait two hours because the guy before me and his rep went long and she even apologized for that and told me she was sorry about that and could tell I was in pain from having to sit that long! We shall see if a wrong which has been going on for over 3 years is righted this time around but I can tell everyone it sure seemed positive to me. Of course I had everything required by VA law to refute the bad C and P and was prepared. Get your IMOs and make sure they are done by VA standards. I am sure that it what it takes but get 2 or 3. Even if the other 2 are not done to VA standards they will sure add credibility to the truth. I will keep everyone posted!!

#91 1lonewolf

1lonewolf

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Just to let everyone know a Doc at the VA told me that the VA is sending out information telling Docs not to give anyone a favorable exam for conditions secondary to s/c conditions causing abnormal gait. I know this Doc and was even shown some of the info they are sending out. That is the system we are forced into. It is a shame this type of internal road blocking happens to us vets behind our backs but we all know it does. To bad we are not privy to this type of information normally as it should be brought to the light just to show how corrupt a system VA comp is. I will not say which Doc because I do not want any blow back or to jeopardize anyones job if someone from the VA monitors our posts but this is a fact. Of course I had to take my claim to appeal before this starting happening anyway but it is happening now and I saw it with my own eyes. There is no doubt why the VA has such a turn over rate in Doctors when they tie their hands and/or ask them to do the wrong thing instead of what the took an oath to do. This happens all over the VA in all departments from treatment to exams. Just a little information for my brothers and sisters who have service connected injuries secondary to lower limb injuries who are just starting this fight! Truth is truth and facts are facts.