Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  carlie : (30 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) Vet211060 - I Guess They're Not That Shameful After All : - ) Congrats On Some Positive Adjudication
@  vet201060 : (30 August 2014 - 04:24 PM) Dav Sent Letter Saying I Am 100% Effective Oct 2013
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:35 PM) Wish There Was A "like" Button For Some Of These Comments.......
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:26 PM) Amen To That!
@  vet201060 : (28 August 2014 - 09:55 PM) Va Is So Shameful!!
@  artlouis : (27 August 2014 - 11:36 AM) Code 7019
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) Damn Post It Notes
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) True That
@  Asiadaug : (26 August 2014 - 07:46 PM) I Have Yet To Deal With Any Piece Of Va That Isn't A Dysfunctional Mess...ebenefits, Claim Filing, Billing...and To Think Our Tax Dollars Are Used To Perpetuate That Calamity!
@  carlie : (26 August 2014 - 05:39 PM) notorious kelly - loved your shout ! ! !
@  GlassRose1500 : (26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM) Would Someone Add Smc Housbound Plus Smc A&a Regular And One Smc K For Me? I Can't Seem To Do That Math!
@  Notorious Kelly : (26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM) Ebenefits Is Not A Thermometer In The Rectum Of Your Claim; It Is A Post-It Note That May Or Not Be Updated Or Accurate. Try Not To Obsess ;)
@  mcassidy : (26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) Osa
@  Jaluluah11B : (26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM) My Reconsideration Finally Showed Up On Ebenefits As A New Claim.  gathering Evidence.  [font=Arial][size=3]Automated 5103 Notice Response Needed. [/size][/font]
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 10:00 AM) Went From Pending Decision Approval To Review Of Evidence Today, I Need To Stop Looking At It. Drives You Crazy Waiting
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 09:30 PM) @coriemboh I Get My Best Claim Advice Here, But My Dav Guy Gets The Best Intel Once The Claim Is Filed
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) The Average Processing Time Is 9 Months More Or Less. Every Time I Call The 800#, I Get A Different Answer. Goe, Roe....make Up Your Mind!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:56 PM) I Just Want To Know Ballpark Figure Of How Much Longer My Claim Will Take. The Bills Are Piling Up. Adds To My Anxiety And Depression. Sure Wish I Could Tell Bill Collectors The Same Things Va Tells Me!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:54 PM) @glassrose1500-No, I Don't. I Put In For Representation A Few Days Ago, But I'm Sure That End Won't Pan Out Until The Claim Is Closed.
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Would Appreciate Feedback On My Smc Draft - Posted In The Smc Section! Tkx!

Photo

Neuropsychological Testing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 scali71

scali71

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

I have neuropsychological testing scheduled for tomorrow. What can I expect to happen? Is this a written test?

Advertise Here

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21810 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

Welcome to Hadit. I don't know the answer but I would say not to worry and consider any questions to mean how is it like when you are home and not how you are feeling at the exam.

#3 Wings

Wings

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 12762 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

x
x
x

It may be a long test, so bring some orange juice and snacks! You are lucky to have been scheduled for neuropsyche testing, it's expensive ---which means you must already have substantial evidence of impairment or they VA would not waste the money. Concentrate on your disability and report all of your symptoms, especially those that negatively impact your daily life at home and work. Speak and write slowly and honestly, and if something is very important to you, ask them to please write that in their notes. If you don't understand their questions, don't pretend you do --ask them to explain it to you. If you have any current medical evidence that you want added to your VA medical record, make a copy and bring it to your exam. Good luck and God Bless. ~Wings

#4 Humble18C

Humble18C

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

I recently had my C&P/Neuro and I am clueless. The doctor told me I had a GAF of 40 with "major depression". I asked about the TBI and she stated I have one which has led to PTSD and major depression. I can't help but think the TBI claim will be lost in the shuffle so to speak.

#5 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • 28634 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

She said the TBI led to the PTSD ?

That doesn't quite make medical sense.

A TBI is a physical trauma to the brain.But can impact on emotional health.

Maybe she meant the incident that caused the TBI also gave you PTSD and in that case, it would make sense.

Try to keep these as 2 separate issues in the claim as they should be rated separately.

"I can't help but think the TBI claim will be lost in the shuffle so to speak." I see what you mean but maybe this will go OK.

If you get a copy of the actual C & P results that will give you a leg up on how they are handling this claim.

The doc did verify the TBI and you do have the PTSD diagnosis and the stressor (the TBI incident itself would most likely be a stressor -IED, accident ,etc.)

Do you have in service documentation of proof of the TBI event ?

Edited by Berta, 10 July 2010 - 08:44 AM.

#6 AtRisk

AtRisk

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

I guess I was extremely lucky. They rated me 100% unemployable in less than 90 days. The majority is Brain Injury and PTSD (70%). I got hurt in the line of duty as an MP and had(have still alot) amnesia. It affects me pretty bad still.

#7 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• 21810 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Congrats on winning your claim

#8 autumn

autumn

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

hey,

i was going to start a new topic but see this one is titled what i would titlttle it.

i requested a neuropsychological evaluation due to my stuttering, harder time pulling words out my brian for complete sentences, lessening of verbal expressiveness, etc.

this mostly due to ms, depression/mood disorder(secondary to ms)

i have no idea if thise witll be beneficial or detrimental to me (knowing the va). but, no one at va wants to write what and why i have these issues so i asked for this exam to check it out.

i see "wings" below explain some of this type of testing, anyone know other stuff about it? schedulaer did say to bring snack/meds/water due to it is like 4 hours long or so. i'll have to take meds just ot sit 4 hours and the stress of just being at a VA will increase.

ok, i'm rampbling, sorry. just trying to get heads up of what to expect if any folks here know.

thanks

#9 Wings

Wings

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 12762 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

hey,

i was going to start a new topic but see this one is titled what i would titlttle it.

i requested a neuropsychological evaluation due to my stuttering, harder time pulling words out my brian for complete sentences, lessening of verbal expressiveness, etc.

this mostly due to ms, depression/mood disorder(secondary to ms)

i have no idea if thise witll be beneficial or detrimental to me (knowing the va). but, no one at va wants to write what and why i have these issues so i asked for this exam to check it out.

i see "wings" below explain some of this type of testing, anyone know other stuff about it? schedulaer did say to bring snack/meds/water due to it is like 4 hours long or so. i'll have to take meds just ot sit 4 hours and the stress of just being at a VA will increase.

ok, i'm rampbling, sorry. just trying to get heads up of what to expect if any folks here know.

thanks

x
x
x

It's been many years since I gave the neuro-psychological tests to military patients, so I am not sure which tests are status quo anymore. The younger vets tested for TBI will know! I do know that a simple battery (series) of simple tasks would include intelligence, memory, problem solving, etc. Do not try to hide your difficulties --its to your advantage to reproduce the symptoms you are having problems with at home and work. ~Wings

#10 autumn

autumn

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

x
x
x

It's been many years since I gave the neuro-psychological tests to military patients, so I am not sure which tests are status quo anymore. The younger vets tested for TBI will know! I do know that a simple battery (series) of simple tasks would include intelligence, memory, problem solving, etc. Do not try to hide your difficulties --its to your advantage to reproduce the symptoms you are having problems with at home and work. ~Wings

ok, thanks for reply. i'll see how it goes. too used to being shot in foot via VA when i do the right thing. thanks

Advertise Here