Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Atomicwidow Thank Your For Donating To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Tbird : (11 November 2014 - 07:00 AM) Veterans Day 2014 - Veterans Thank You For Your Service And Your Sacrifice.
@  Tbird : (10 November 2014 - 07:19 AM) Semper Fi Marines

Photo
- - - - -

Claim For Pes Planus(flat Feet)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 vet201060

vet201060

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hello guys, I have some questions about my flat feet claim to be. I was sent to physical therapy in the military 2004. They put in my medical records that I have flat feet and need orthotics. I was not aware of it til a week or so ago. I had a issue with my chronic back which is in the claim process for increase. I was sent to Physical Therapy fee based(VA pays for outside service). I was informed that my feet are flat and that I need orthotics. BTW, my entrance exam into the military(2000) stated that feet were normal. I went to my appointment with the podiatrist today. He did a cast of my feet for orthotics. I asked him about filing a va claim and he told me it is not service connected. He said most likely I have had this problem all my life. When I entered I never had any problems until 2004 to present. I have not ran since then because of it. I had been on a profile most of the time. He discouraged me from filing a claim for flat feet. My question is "Should I file a claim?".

He also told me that flat feet dont cause problems with ankles, knees, or back. My physical therapist tells me otherwise. I also believe that if you have a bad foundation(feet) with anything it with make more stress on everything else. Please help me with this guys and gals. Thanks for everything. BTW, the Doc(podiatrist) is only there 2 days a week(contract). He was a nice guy though. I asked him about the claim because he is a disabled vet himself. I need to see what he put in my medical record for today. I was shocked by what he said. Why would they make me orthotics if my feet dont cause any problems? Is he full of crap? Thanks for hearing me out!

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21895 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

File a claim I got 30% and I had been out for over 20 years

#3 vet201060

vet201060

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:32 PM

Hey Pete, Do you have orthotics from the VA? Thanks for the reply.

File a claim I got 30% and I had been out for over 20 years

#4 Pete53

Pete53

• 21895 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

They issue me some shoes that don't help. I wear croc's most of the time.

Its kind of weird arch supports really hurt my feet and also give me blisters. My feet are really flat by the way and big about 14 D's

#5 myround0

myround0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

I can't tell you how it will end. But I have filed a claim for flat feet. My entry exam stated Mild asymptomatic. In 2002, I was rated Pes Planus (flat feet). During my claim I was denied flat feet, it stated I was rated on my entry exam as having mild asymptomatic condition. I filed my appeal stated first it has worsen due to service, second under the code of federal regulation chapter 38 section 4 item 22 states The condition at the time of entry will be subtracted from the condition that is being claimed. Well mild asymptomatic is 0 percent, while bilateral flat feet are rated at 50 percent. I have not gotten my appeal back, but i will inform you all when it get the returns...CLAIM IT...

#6 Pete53

Pete53

• 21895 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

I have bilateral flat feet rated at 30% since 1991

#7 vet201060

vet201060

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

Good luck on that claim. I entered service with normal feet in 2000. 2003 or 2004 had major shin splints sent to physical therapy. They told me I have flat feet and I need orthotics. Seperated from active duty DEC 3006 went to reserves till May 2008. I worked as a USPS mail city carrier from Aug 2007 to Sept 2008. I had issues with my feet(planter fachetis SP?) and could not continue with the post office so I did voc rehab for a while. Got a job with the Army Corps of Engineers and have had to see a physical therapist for my back. He told me I was in need of orthotics(flat feet). He thought they gradually became flat. I would consider it a chronic issue for me. My feet are not a major pain for me though. My back is and I have pain in ankles and knees quite often. My knees also buckle on me. I have fell a few times. Most of the time I catch myself. It is very annoying. I feel like my whole body is falling apart. I am only 31. I am sure the VAMC is tired of me because of all these issues I am addressing finally. I have been very worried about losing my job due to these issues plus being on the job for less than a year. I want to work. I really like my job and it pays really well. Thanks for the post guys

I can't tell you how it will end. But I have filed a claim for flat feet. My entry exam stated Mild asymptomatic. In 2002, I was rated Pes Planus (flat feet). During my claim I was denied flat feet, it stated I was rated on my entry exam as having mild asymptomatic condition. I filed my appeal stated first it has worsen due to service, second under the code of federal regulation chapter 38 section 4 item 22 states The condition at the time of entry will be subtracted from the condition that is being claimed. Well mild asymptomatic is 0 percent, while bilateral flat feet are rated at 50 percent. I have not gotten my appeal back, but i will inform you all when it get the returns...CLAIM IT...

#8 myround0

myround0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

Thanks. I will keep you all posted. Today I got a no notice call from the VA to report to Oklahoma City. I will find out what for, tomorrow. As for falling, for the first time in my adult life I fell to the ground on Tuesday. As for the effects of my feet, my back hurts all the time.

#9 vet201060

vet201060

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

Are you from OKC? I am from Shawnee, OK.

Thanks. I will keep you all posted. Today I got a no notice call from the VA to report to Oklahoma City. I will find out what for, tomorrow. As for falling, for the first time in my adult life I fell to the ground on Tuesday. As for the effects of my feet, my back hurts all the time.

#10 RIVER RAT

RIVER RAT

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

I just won an appeal in a case very similar for bilateral pes -planus. My entrance physical the doctor noted feet as normal and near the end of my enlistment a physical therapist noted my feet and prescribed a heel lift and orthotics. I had an comp and pen exam for right knee and was denied because the examiner noted congenital flat feet possibly being the cause of the right knee. That being said I got three independent medical opinions that supported my claim that flat feet were related to my service. I was also very fortunate to find my pediatrician in her 70's that still had my files and wrote a letter that I didn't have flat feet and she would be best to know because she treated me from birth to just before my enterig the service.

I made copies of my service medical records and private medical records highlighted and tabbed the areas and pages relating to my feet and knee and entrance exam notes. I made appointments with orthopedic surgeons and asked them for an exam of my feet and to review my records and give their opinion if my current foot and knee issues began and were caused by my service. I also worte them a letter describing my military service, my occupation, where I had been stationed. What I did Long hours of standing guard on hard surfaces, ruck marches, losts of running, etc. I tried to make it as easy for the doctor to review as I could they are very busy people and while they seemed put off a bit they did an excellent job and I was only charged for the exam visit.

I know everycase is different, but if you know your right, Never quit!

Good luck!

#11 Hadrian

Hadrian

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

Vet,
Check out my post "Posterior Tibial Tendonitis And Accessory Bone (Feet), Cfr 4.57 - Static Foot Deformities". I have flat feet as well and the VA podiatrist told me I have developed an accessory bone in my ankle from foot problems and Post Tibial Tendonitis (you may want to look into that as pes planus is linked to that). I will keep you updated on my claim process and hopefully there will be some useful info in it for you.
Hadrian