Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cragwex : (30 September 2014 - 06:35 AM) Decision & Claims File Dispatch And Pay
@  Tbird : (29 September 2014 - 05:45 PM) Dano Thanks For Your Contribution.
@  artlouis : (29 September 2014 - 04:07 PM) Nehmer Heart Transplant
@  vet201060 : (25 September 2014 - 11:28 PM) Reduced Va Disability Rating????
@  vet201060 : (25 September 2014 - 11:27 PM) Has Anyone Personally Been Reduced, Not Asking If You Know Some But If You Have Been Reduced
@  WVSERVER : (25 September 2014 - 12:16 PM) Test
@  lcurle : (22 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Ebennies Is Down: Error Code [47]: The System Is Currently Unavailable. Please Try Again Later. If This Problem Continues, You May Contact The Dmdc Support Center (Dsc) At 800-477-8227 For Assistance.
@  Notorious Kelly : (21 September 2014 - 07:04 AM) Thanks, T, And Kudos To Kacy!
@  Tbird : (21 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Forum Is Back Up And Running. We Lost Some Posts, But Were Able To Restore All The Posts To Sep 17. A Big Thank You To Member Kacy For Volunteering And Getting This Fixed.
@  raptorick : (20 September 2014 - 10:12 PM) Posts After The 17Th Are Missing
@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Still No Letter In The Mail, But I Think I Was Denied. Feeling Depressed!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) Claim Closed On The 8Th, Its 3 Days Later And Ebenefits Still Shows My Same Old Rating.
@  Rotor Head : (11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM) Remember, The 'e' In Ebennies Stands For Entertainment. :blink:

Photo
- - - - -

C&p For Mood Disorder/ocd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 woodenturkey

woodenturkey

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:51 AM

Has anyone been through a psych C&P?

Advertise Here

#2 pete992

pete992

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1468 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:57 AM

I am not sure what your question would be but here is the exam questionnaire. I think they are all the same except the exams for PTSD and a Eating Disorder.

You can always try to ask your question (s) and someone will try to answer it/them.

http://www.vba.va.go...ms/disexm37.htm

Edited by pete992, 09 June 2010 - 07:59 AM.

#3 Chu Lai69

Chu Lai69

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

I just got done with one. Do you have a question about one? If so please ask it and I will try and see if I can help you with it.

#4 woodenturkey

woodenturkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:10 AM

n

Edited by woodenturkey, 20 March 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#5 pete992

pete992

• 1468 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:04 AM

Woodenturkey

Do you see a shrink at the VA?

Do you know your GAF Score?

Do you have a mental health diagnosis?

This will help the examiner make his diagnosis and opinion if asked to give one

Hope This Helps

Edited by pete992, 09 June 2010 - 11:05 AM.

#6 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22223 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:08 PM

Your answer is that you had a perfect childhood and you were fine until military service. You don't drink or take illegal drugs. You did well in school and got along with everyone. Your problems with bi-polar began in service and continue to this day. What kind of meds do you take now? Bring them with you to the exam. I am not being flip. Concentrate on what happened in military and how disabled you are now. Don't go back in time before the military. Don't discuss your family, work or school before military. Don't talk about legal troubles before military if you had any.

#7 LarryJ

LarryJ

Hadit.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3214 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

............or you could try telling the truth.

#8 woodenturkey

woodenturkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

the p)

Edited by woodenturkey, 20 March 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#9 pete992

pete992

• 1468 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

Woodenturkey

Here is the rating schedule for service connection depression

General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders:

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name

Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a work-like setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships

Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity due to such symptoms as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of short- and long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships

Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily, with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events)

Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or; symptoms controlled by continuous medication

A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication

Also you might want to go to the ROI (Release of Information) Office at the VAMC to get a copy of your last mental health visit to see what your current GAF and your current diagnosis is written in your records.

Hope This Helps

Edited by pete992, 11 June 2010 - 02:09 PM.

Advertise Here