Search

Help fund HadIt.com. Please note HadIt.com is NOT a non-profit, there is no tax deduction for helping to fund HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC

We have been very lucky since 1997 in being able to fund the site from advertising and my own pocket. Unfortunately my pockets are empty and revenue for the site is down. So if you want to help keep the site funded please use the button below and help fund the site.

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Still No Letter In The Mail, But I Think I Was Denied. Feeling Depressed!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) Claim Closed On The 8Th, Its 3 Days Later And Ebenefits Still Shows My Same Old Rating.
@  Rotor Head : (11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM) Remember, The 'e' In Ebennies Stands For Entertainment. :blink:
@  ssgtob1 : (11 September 2014 - 05:14 AM) Got Back In, No Change The Last 10 Times I Checked It :(
@  Notorious Kelly : (10 September 2014 - 07:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Back "up" (But I Can't Do Anything In It) ;)
@  carlie : (10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM) Good - They Should Be Helping The Vets In The Virgin Islands - They Should Be Helping All Vets That Can't Earn A Living Due To Something They Experienced On Active Duty.
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:37 PM) I Saw On Va.gov That They Are Helping The Homeless Vets In The Us Virgin Islands....im In!
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:35 PM) You Must Be A Patient Man To Check It Only Every 10 Minutes, I Hit F5 Every 3 Seconds!
@  ssgtob1 : (10 September 2014 - 12:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Down :( Now I Cant Check It Every 10 Minutes
@  Gastone : (10 September 2014 - 04:25 AM) Heads Up! The 2013 Cbo Report Big Savings By Taxing Comp And Eliminating Iu Past 65 Starting In 2015. Not A Done Deal, Yet! Yrs Of Age.
@  carlie : (09 September 2014 - 06:12 PM) Dereekbanks - No - That Does Not Mean You Were Denied. They Do Not Update Ebenefits On A Daily Basis.
@  dereekbanks : (09 September 2014 - 05:27 AM) Ebenefits Shows My Claim Closed Yesterday, But My Benefit Letter Looks The Same. Does That Mean I Was Denied?
@  dereekbanks : (09 September 2014 - 05:24 AM) Thanks For The Replies!

Photo

How Long Will Decision Letter Take

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

My rating decision was completed on June 15. It is with the reviewer. What is the timeline on that? I am just trying to figure out when I should receive my letter as my house burned down, but I still get mail there. We are in an emergency apartment, and believe me, it is not where I want to be. It's crazy here.

Advertise Here

#2 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22134 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

BD,
I also go thru St. Pete RO and isn't known to move too quick but hopefully it won't be too much longer for you.
I'll certainly cross my fingers for 30-60 days.
carlie

#3 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6209 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

If you have a POA that has an office at the regional office, then you should be able to contact them and they can tell you before you get the letter.
if it is an award, watch the bank account as the money often beats the letter.

Good Luck.

J

#4 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but what is a POA? I did have a private attorney fight for me, that was the only way I won my case. I have been fighting this for 6 years. That's how long it took me with 2 appeals in order to win. But I did elect direct deposit so I will watch the bank.

Another stupid question is do you think it will be soon? (lol) Thank all of you for your replies. Blessings come when you least expect them.

#5 jbasser

jbasser

• Admin
  • 6209 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

Basically a POA is a rep who has your power of attorney. I was speaking of a Veteran Service officer like the AL or t he DAV. These folks have offices int he VARO's and can get their hands on decisions fairly quick.

We use several Acronyms here at Hadit and we do confuse some folks.
Its like learning another language.
Once you get used to it you will be ratttling off the VA verbola like a real pro.

J

#6 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

Question. Since the reviewer is checking over the rater, and has been doing it since the 15, how long do you think it will be before I see some funds? Is it taking long because they have to go back six years?

And yes you are right. I will pick up on the lingo quickly cause I will be here for ever now (lol)

#7 jbasser

jbasser

• Admin
  • 6209 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

The reviewer is a quality control checkpoint. It shouldnt tke too long and may be already completed. Your Retro should not be too far away. Look for the deposit to hit on a Saturday. It will beat the letter to you.

J

#8 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

Thank you so much. I will post on the forum my percentage and when the big day comes.

#9 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

You think they are gonna give me all 6 years back pay? If so, will it all come at one time?

#10 halos2

halos2

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

6 yrs will prob take awhile to do. Had put it for 2 secondary conditions last fall, awarded about same day as you were, call center faxed me the info from their computer center on the 15th, received official letter fron the VA on 18th, and $ deposit was in my account on the 25th. All this month. But when I won one claim some years back it took about a month to get it all, funny thing was they informed me the accounting dept had not yet received the amount to process in Ok funding treasury and my bank informed me the amount $$ was deposited in my acct the day before this info was received.
Like advised, watch your bank account and be pleasantly surprised when you notice a deposit. Remember the larger the award the more people have to sign it off too. Like around 6 figures requires 2 or 3 signatures from the VARO. Congrats on your win. Might want to check with the call center just in case they might fax you the info they faxed to me 2 different times too. You will only be out a call, and it does not tell you amounts, only that you were awarded such and such %...it is part of the official letter you receive in the mail.

Edited by halos2, 29 June 2010 - 05:34 PM.

#11 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

You guys are all the bomb (great). I am so glad that I am a part of this community. If it weren't for ya'll I wouldn't know anything. Thanks oh so much.

#12 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

Well when I called they say the reviewer still has it. Had it for almost thirty days now. Still waiting.

#13 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:41 AM

Is the call center number 800-827-1000?

#14 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:59 AM

OK I guess this is progress. Called the 800 number and they said the review was completed on Friday July 9, 2010. Now my anxiety is taking over.

#15 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• 21832 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

I know its hard but once you have done all you can at least wait with confidence that eventually VA will award your earned benefits.

I wish you luck.

#16 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22134 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

BD,

VA 101 - the 800 # is not set up to provide accurate claims status tracking information,
and there really is no way for this to be done.

Only the claimant has time limits, not the VA.
The 800 #'s goal is to answer basic questions and end the call quickly.

The VA works like this:

The 800 # told you "the review was completed on Friday July 9, 2010".

What they did not say and what they do not know can be several things,
If during the review someone decided that some issue needed additional development,
if the decision needs to go thru authorization for a higher or additional signature,
and legalities on VBA's end regarding the post decision issues.

I am not saying this to be rude or to disappoint you but it's like this,
You will get your rating decision when you or your lawyer get it.
Since your already signed up for direct deposit - you will get your money when it hits the bank.

Anything other than this is mere speculation.

jmho.

#17 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

That's why I love you, you get straight to the point. I know there will probably be problems because it's six years back pay and I don't think they will want to pay it to me, but I will now keep GOD first and COUNTRY second (lol). You are always right on time. Thanks.

#18 halos2

halos2

• 1488 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:47 AM

FACTS:
Call centers in Utah, and Az have faxed to me, my % letter(ie when was 50%), faxed me my recent grant of 10% award for HTN secondary to PTSD,(6 pgs)and last thurs faxed a fellow vet his determination letter of "Claim remains unchanged, increase denied at this time...(3) pgs. Initially when questioned them on the phone they say "We cannot give you any determination information,only the date a decision has been made, however if you have a fax machine we can fax you the decision that appears on our computer screen, if you give us your fax #. You cannot and will not receive any information regarding a decision verbally, and only faxed when a decision is made, which apparently, as I have the copies of my faxes from them in hand show. No mention of any amounts of $$ is on these papers but the granting or denial is. With the granting it does delinate the % granted.

When I call, I do it according to the pacific time zone and have always gotten Ut or Az and make sure I get the persons first name and try to build up a pleasant cordial rapport with them.
Oh yeah I have called many, many, many times and gotten ridiculous information... with areas in different part of the country, but then you can find someone who is fairly intelligent and can read a computer screen and "viola" you can at least receive a BASIC DECISION fax.
3 times out of many, many, many calls, receiving WRITTEN VALID NOTIFICATION per FAXES, IS WORTH IT TO ME!
Later we got the official letters within 7-10 days, SOC per snail mail and all of the regular forms too. Soon after the $ showed up in the bank.

So I still call the call center when I think it may be time for something to show up on the screen, and get goof balls and may call back again in a few minutes and get a decent person who WILL actually read the screen, and can tell in my voice the torment, and have the ability to fax it... although few/good people here at these special times too!
Had I personally not received these faxes, I would be skeptical too...BUT IN HAND AS I TYPE THIS!!

Edited by halos2, 13 July 2010 - 02:57 AM.

#19 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

Well I called today and they said the letter was sent out. I guess my money will be in the bank by saturday (hopefully)(lol). I really could use it because our house burned down (thanks to grandson) and we got emergency apt in the wrong side of town. My hubby is blind, so everything falls on me and I keep having these anxiety attacks because there are too many thugs over here. I'm not getting any sleep. The sooner I get from here the better. Hopefully rebuilding tampabay together will fix my house because I am ready to go home, and my husband has gotten so depressed and is ready to go home.

I will keep you all posted as we go. Say a prayer for both of us. I am so glad ya'll are here.

#20 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22134 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

DB,
Sounds like they are housing you in suit case city in the USF area.
I understand your safety concerns.
I hope the rating decision is good - provides an accurate percentage and effective date.
Good luck to you and your family.
carlie

#21 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

Nah baby they got me in the slums of ybor. Not beautiful 7th ave ybor, but the slums ybor. All they do is shoot, cuss and fuss. My nerves are already bad. Heard of suitcase city, but pray to GOD I never have to stay there. I can't handle this. lol

#22 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22134 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

DB,

35 years ago all of Ybor was safe and pretty.
Developers came in - lots of bars - raised the rents
and ran all of the artist out because they could no longer afford the rent.

Ybor is Floridas version of the "party" areas of New Orleans.

Ybor is WORSE than suit case city.

Ybor is about even with Sulphur Springs.

When you hear the shots fired - hit the deck and sleep in the back room if there is one.

#23 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

I am from NO so I know what you mean. Now you know why I am in a hurry to get the heck out of here. Well hopefully I will receive my letter tomorrow and funds soon after, and then I am packing me and my hubby up and heading for the hills. I glad you know where I am mentally.

#24 Commander Bob

Commander Bob

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1613 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

I am from NO so I know what you mean. Now you know why I am in a hurry to get the heck out of here. Well hopefully I will receive my letter tomorrow and funds soon after, and then I am packing me and my hubby up and heading for the hills. I glad you know where I am mentally.

I hope the long wait will soon be over for you, 'BD Webb', and you can get on with your life and dreams.

Warm regards,

C.Bob

#25 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:19 AM

See what I mean? It's so much love and caring here. Thanks so much Commander Bob

I hope the long wait will soon be over for you, 'BD Webb', and you can get on with your life and dreams.

Warm regards,

C.Bob

#26 BD Webb

BD Webb

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

OK here we go.

They gave me 50% from 2004 to May 2010. Then they gave me 70% after C&P exam dr. statement.

Now I have to file a notice of disagreement to the 50% (to get the 70% from 2004 to 2010) then I have to file for IU.

Should get my funds tomorrow.

#27 halos2

halos2

• 1488 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

Yippee you just keep filing and don't stop till the clock stops...tick tock...get it going. Enjoy, and hope you received some of your $$ so you can get out of the "danger zone!"

Advertise Here