Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (28 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Thank You Britton That Means A Lot To Me!
@  arng11 : (26 November 2014 - 11:30 AM) Everyone Enjoy The Holidays And Be Safe.
@  eagle1012004 : (26 November 2014 - 10:10 AM) Have A Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg

Photo
- - - - -

Veteran Service At 'away' Va Med Centers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 cowgirl

cowgirl

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

Just inquring how a Veteran is normally treated at a "Away' VA clinic while traveling or visiting another area? Did that once and was shocked having to 're-register' to that particular VA, Sure feels like the VA med centers aren't participating together on a single data base. A process that could take as little as 30 minutes took 5 times as long, going thru several receptionists/checkin clerks,,,

My question is 'Whats Normal' about getting simple primary care at any VA ?

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21895 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:04 AM

Depends on the location they used to not have access to your records but my experience was not good. They will see you if its an emergency.

#3 Vync

Vync

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • 1688 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

I discovered this recently while looking into getting an electronic copy of my VAMC treatment records. The southeast regions did not have the capability to provide the data on CD/DVD format. After talking with some folks here on hadit, I learned that other regions had that capability. I called some of the other regions, like California, to see if they could make a disc containing my records and ship it to my VAMC. They could not even see me in the system. I checked a couple of other regions and to find the same situation.

#4 Notorious Kelly

Notorious Kelly

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

My experience was also not great.

I went to Ft Richardson (Helena) Montana ER for shortness of breath. There was an issue with me not being in their system but they got me in ER fairly quickly for treatment.

I was outta blood pressure meds because the mail thing doesn't work for me right now- I only get mail every 2 to 3 months.

They gave me a little medicine but said I had to have a Montana address to get in their system and get more.

So I got a P.O. box in Butte and when I returned for in-processing was able to get 3 months of BP meds. Couldn't be seen in Butte cuz their CBOC is full.

Why isn't the System national?

I also had to cross country for C & P exams. Seems like if they're uniform I could get an exam in Connecticut for a claim in Oregon.

Edited by Notorious Kelly, 07 July 2010 - 11:32 AM.

#5 LarryJ

LarryJ

Hadit.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3214 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

And.............this is the very SAME U. S. Dept. of Vegetarian Affairs that Gen. Sincity says is gonna be all hooked up with a universal computerized claim-filing, medical records, pharmacy and VBA "global-network" in just a few months?

uh-huh

meanwhile, I think I'm gonna go bar-b-que me a goat. it's hotter-n-hell here, time for a bbq and a cold Shiner Bock!

BTW, do not hold yer breath about the VA thing..........it ain't heppinin in our lifestime!

just sayin.............

#6 Vync

Vync

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • 1688 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

I also had to cross country for C & P exams. Seems like if they're uniform I could get an exam in Connecticut for a claim in Oregon.

I hope they paid you mileage for that trip!

#7 Notorious Kelly

Notorious Kelly

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

I hope they paid you mileage for that trip!

Vync- they pay mileage from your "home of record" which, for me, was about a mile or so from Portland VA! LOL

I've never claimed mileage.

#8 JON

JON

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

I winter in Arizona on the Nevada border. I have used both Las Vegas and Kingman/Prescott Az. VAMC. I live in Idaho and use Spokane Wa/Coeur d'Alene Id. VAMC. They all seem to have access to each others records. I had a GI bleed in Az and was hospitalized in Az and Nv. Confuses them a little though. I had to register at each states VAMC, but had no trouble getting treated anywhere. Also they now have a change of address form on prescriptions and you can change addresses temprarily.

#9 RonP

RonP

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

I would like to offer 2 cents to all of you considering for financial reasons, a change to the Philippine VA.
A whole lot of veterans live here, most of us do so or did so as we thought we would be homeless in the US...This was one way we "Thought " we could beat the low grade in Dollars we were getting. An Example 50 % gave you 900.00 US dollars per month. The only place I could find to live in the US was a Farmers pasture in my own tent. This was in the richest area of The Bay Area of California. The Napa wine country. You cannot rent a garage for 900 per month.If you are over 100% and you are over 180 % and you move to the Philippines, you are in for a shock. The VA here will refill your medications, and that is it....oh I forgot a flu shot once in awhile. No diagnostic treatment, other than xray, I asked the Patient advocate there if they would pay if I went into the hospital related to my heart condition, ( I am 100 % for that ) He said , Probably not. This was his written response. Lets say you are in our facility and you are having a heart attack, the DR will see you if they have time......It is your choice to sit on the curb and wait for an ambulance or to go home and die. We have no control of the event.
His words verbatim:
Dear Mr. ,

The VA Clinic in Manila has a unique eligibility regulation that has limited scope. The Clinic can only accommodate service connected veterans for mostly service connected care. If the care needed is not service connected, it is most likely that our Veterans will have to pay out of pocket and get care from the community. Complications to service connected disabilities are also not automatically considered as part of a service connected disability unless otherwise rated by the Regional Office as a secondary to a primary service connected disability.

Please understand that these limitations are only applicable in the Philippines being a facility outside the United States. Unless laws pertaining to these regulations are not amended, revised or charged, the scope of care provided by the VA Clinic in Manila remains limited.
So bottom line.....Your 100% or heart disease related to Agent Orange. The government will read word for word your award....if the exact wording is not used by the admitting DR....you will pay for it your self.
They will not treat you or help you. I've been here 5 years, nothing has changed except they built a New 150 million dollar facility and they all have very nice offices, but no additional benefit or care for the US veterans that are here. I wrote to many different politicos, Not one had the Grapes to answer my questions.
Warning: Do not come to the Philippines, Doing so will be hazardous to your health. Your Service to your country, DOES NOT MATTER HERE.