Search

Help fund HadIt.com. Please note HadIt.com is NOT a non-profit, there is no tax deduction for helping to fund HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC We have been very lucky since 1997 in being able to fund the site from advertising and my own pocket. Unfortunately my pockets are empty and revenue for the site is down. So if you want to help keep the site funded please use the button below and help fund the site.
Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Still No Letter In The Mail, But I Think I Was Denied. Feeling Depressed!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) Claim Closed On The 8Th, Its 3 Days Later And Ebenefits Still Shows My Same Old Rating.
@  Rotor Head : (11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM) Remember, The 'e' In Ebennies Stands For Entertainment. :blink:
@  ssgtob1 : (11 September 2014 - 05:14 AM) Got Back In, No Change The Last 10 Times I Checked It :(
@  Notorious Kelly : (10 September 2014 - 07:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Back "up" (But I Can't Do Anything In It) ;)
@  carlie : (10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM) Good - They Should Be Helping The Vets In The Virgin Islands - They Should Be Helping All Vets That Can't Earn A Living Due To Something They Experienced On Active Duty.
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:37 PM) I Saw On Va.gov That They Are Helping The Homeless Vets In The Us Virgin Islands....im In!
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:35 PM) You Must Be A Patient Man To Check It Only Every 10 Minutes, I Hit F5 Every 3 Seconds!
@  ssgtob1 : (10 September 2014 - 12:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Down :( Now I Cant Check It Every 10 Minutes
@  Gastone : (10 September 2014 - 04:25 AM) Heads Up! The 2013 Cbo Report Big Savings By Taxing Comp And Eliminating Iu Past 65 Starting In 2015. Not A Done Deal, Yet! Yrs Of Age.
@  carlie : (09 September 2014 - 06:12 PM) Dereekbanks - No - That Does Not Mean You Were Denied. They Do Not Update Ebenefits On A Daily Basis.
@  dereekbanks : (09 September 2014 - 05:27 AM) Ebenefits Shows My Claim Closed Yesterday, But My Benefit Letter Looks The Same. Does That Mean I Was Denied?
@  dereekbanks : (09 September 2014 - 05:24 AM) Thanks For The Replies!

Photo
- - - - -

Hearing Test

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22214 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:09 PM

I had a VA hearing test today. I am not as bad as my wife thought. It seems that would be a very easy test to fake. I had nothing to gain or lose. I have mild hearing loss in the upper range.

Advertise Here

#2 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22214 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:04 PM

RickB

You may be dumb enough to think I am advocating putting in false claims, but I clearly was not. It is an easy test to fake. The thing is that even if you are as deaf as a post you have to have a nexus. So you can fake a hearing test but that does not mean you have the basis for a claim. If you go into a clinic 30 years after some exposure and you are have a hearing loss there are many alternative reasons for deafness. Why don't you think before you make dumb statements like that about me. I don't need to make false claims and I never made a false claim but I am not blind to chinks in the VA system.

#3 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 22134 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:37 PM

Rick,
I think John is only stating his opinion here and I certainly do not judge him to be an advocate of filing false claims, nor his opinion to be suggestive of vets doing that.

John,
" I had a VA hearing test today. I am not as bad as my wife thought. It seems that would be a very easy test to fake. I had nothing to gain or lose. I have mild hearing loss in the upper range. "

Only my opinion - since I do realize, most every human lives in a house made of glass.
carlie

#4 Guest_DON20906_*GuestMember

Guest_DON20906_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:31 AM

It's not easy to fake because audiologists are trained to look for it. If the audiologist thinks someone is cheating, he or she will merely play the same tones that were ignored again randomly to see if the patient remembers which ones the button wasn't pushed on.

John said:

It seems that would be a very easy test to fake.
I think you are wrong... it is not an easy test to fake, that is unless you want to look stupid....I think it is very easy for the tester to detect a lier....Why would you want to cheat anyway that is unless you planed on putting in false claim?

Statements like yours piss me off becaue it tends to make those with a real hearing loss look bad.

#5 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22214 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:57 AM

I believe VA audiologist are trained and tought that veterans fake claims ,so they may check but most don't do that because they don't suspect people of trying to fake hearing loss. Unless you are as deaf as a post you will probably not get any significant compensation. Personally, I don't need it since I am already at 100%. My test lasted all of 5 minutes and all I did was raise my hand when I heard something. It was not a C&P exam. I just wanted to know if I had a hearing loss. It still seems to me that this test would be easy to fake if one had a mind to fake it. I don't have that mindset plus I don't want to wear a hearing aide. That is all I am going to say about it. Above all you have to have a nexus and that is why most hearing loss claims fail and not because their is or is not hearing loss. You need to read before you start foaming at the mouth, Rick. I AM NOT ADVOCATING FAKING HEARING LOSS CLAIMS. If that is not good enough for you they then ##$# YOU!

#6 Guest_DON20906_*GuestMember

Guest_DON20906_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:23 AM

I believe you, john999!

I believe VA audiologist are trained and tought that veterans fake claims ,so they may check but most don't do that because they don't suspect people of trying to fake hearing loss. Unless you are as deaf as a post you will probably not get any significant compensation. Personally, I don't need it since I am already at 100%. My test lasted all of 5 minutes and all I did was raise my hand when I heard something. It was not a C&P exam. I just wanted to know if I had a hearing loss. It still seems to me that this test would be easy to fake if one had a mind to fake it. I don't have that mindset plus I don't want to wear a hearing aide. That is all I am going to say about it. Above all you have to have a nexus and that is why most hearing loss claims fail and not because their is or is not hearing loss. You need to read before you start foaming at the mouth, Rick. I AM NOT ADVOCATING FAKING HEARING LOSS CLAIMS. If that is not good enough for you they then ##$# YOU!

#7 RockyA1911

RockyA1911

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:46 PM

Geez! Talk about folks acting like a bunch of little girls......don't forget to dot the I's and cross the T's because all of that is so very important!!!

Advertise Here