Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  carlie : (30 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) Vet211060 - I Guess They're Not That Shameful After All : - ) Congrats On Some Positive Adjudication
@  vet201060 : (30 August 2014 - 04:24 PM) Dav Sent Letter Saying I Am 100% Effective Oct 2013
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:35 PM) Wish There Was A "like" Button For Some Of These Comments.......
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:26 PM) Amen To That!
@  vet201060 : (28 August 2014 - 09:55 PM) Va Is So Shameful!!
@  artlouis : (27 August 2014 - 11:36 AM) Code 7019
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) Damn Post It Notes
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) True That
@  Asiadaug : (26 August 2014 - 07:46 PM) I Have Yet To Deal With Any Piece Of Va That Isn't A Dysfunctional Mess...ebenefits, Claim Filing, Billing...and To Think Our Tax Dollars Are Used To Perpetuate That Calamity!
@  carlie : (26 August 2014 - 05:39 PM) notorious kelly - loved your shout ! ! !
@  GlassRose1500 : (26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM) Would Someone Add Smc Housbound Plus Smc A&a Regular And One Smc K For Me? I Can't Seem To Do That Math!
@  Notorious Kelly : (26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM) Ebenefits Is Not A Thermometer In The Rectum Of Your Claim; It Is A Post-It Note That May Or Not Be Updated Or Accurate. Try Not To Obsess ;)
@  mcassidy : (26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) Osa
@  Jaluluah11B : (26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM) My Reconsideration Finally Showed Up On Ebenefits As A New Claim.  gathering Evidence.  [font=Arial][size=3]Automated 5103 Notice Response Needed. [/size][/font]
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 10:00 AM) Went From Pending Decision Approval To Review Of Evidence Today, I Need To Stop Looking At It. Drives You Crazy Waiting
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 09:30 PM) @coriemboh I Get My Best Claim Advice Here, But My Dav Guy Gets The Best Intel Once The Claim Is Filed
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) The Average Processing Time Is 9 Months More Or Less. Every Time I Call The 800#, I Get A Different Answer. Goe, Roe....make Up Your Mind!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:56 PM) I Just Want To Know Ballpark Figure Of How Much Longer My Claim Will Take. The Bills Are Piling Up. Adds To My Anxiety And Depression. Sure Wish I Could Tell Bill Collectors The Same Things Va Tells Me!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:54 PM) @glassrose1500-No, I Don't. I Put In For Representation A Few Days Ago, But I'm Sure That End Won't Pan Out Until The Claim Is Closed.
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Would Appreciate Feedback On My Smc Draft - Posted In The Smc Section! Tkx!

Photo
- - - - -

Reopened Claim For Asbestos Exposure

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 ammodad

ammodad

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

hello friends

i just got back from reopening my claim yet again after being denied they told me it was still open just bring in new evidence so i did , this time i submited the x-rays and the x-ray doctors reports and the pulmonary function test results .

the claim adjuster asked told me that if i didnt have a report from a doctor saying that my lung condition was directly caused by asbestos the would denie me yet once again .

so she asked to see my records to see just what i was submitting she got about half way through and said "" you got them this time , you have just about all of the symtoms listed with asbestos " which was what they were looking for when i filed previously but they failed to look at . if you know what i mean ?

if i hadnt gotten the pulmonary doctor do the test and make the report out as he did i would still be screwed . sorry fot he language but thats what i would have been . it seems they are afraid to say what is really wrong with you and they hide the truth by saying its just a minor abnormality . but if thats the case why did you put down there chronic ( copd ) . this is one of the many questions my wife and i asked the doctor during my last visit . he tells me the va forbid him from signing anything that may help me with my claim and he wrote it up as he did . go figure ?

oh yes , like this one there is some scaring in your lungs but its not enough to kill you .

to make a point , my previous doctor had knowledge that my service connected condition had gotten worse , he would make note of it in my medical records but wouldnt tell me just treat me for it and send me on my way but this doctor was a good guy he told me mr livingston i think you need to take this and go to the claims office and have your claim upgraded . so i did and they upgraded my claim just like that .

but not more than a year later he was reassigned to doing desk work onanother floor . so you tell me whats going on ???

ok enough of me going on just venting sorry . i got an award letter and i need someone to tell me just how long after reciving the letter does the arears show up and if its withen the month and close to the end will the changes show in the following months check or what please tell me how this works . thanks for being there , the info here has made a great differance in my knowledge about how to do this and how to put up a good fight . wish me luk , oh yes its gotten to where i cant drive anymore guys breathing has gotten worse pray for me as my wife and i do for all of you and stay strong ,

Edited by ammodad, 24 May 2006 - 08:23 PM.

Advertise Here

#2 Guest_jstacy_*GuestMember

Guest_jstacy_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:10 PM

Good Luck with this claim. I hope it goes well. Keep us posted on the results as allot of vets here can use the good news.

#3 Guest_DON20906_*GuestMember

Guest_DON20906_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:28 AM

Are you talikng about a VA "claims adjuster?"

hello friends

i just got back from reopening my claim yet again after being denied they told me it was still open just bring in new evidence so i did , this time i submited the x-rays and the x-ray doctors reports and the pulmonary function test results .

the claim adjuster asked told me that if i didnt have a report from a doctor saying that my lung condition was directly caused by asbestos the would denie me yet once again .

so she asked to see my records to see just what i was submitting she got about half way through and said "" you got them this time , you have just about all of the symtoms listed with asbestos " which was what they were looking for when i filed previously but they failed to look at . if you know what i mean ?

if i hadnt gotten the pulmonary doctor do the test and make the report out as he did i would still be screwed . sorry fot he language but thats what i would have been . it seems they are afraid to say what is really wrong with you and they hide the truth by saying its just a minor abnormality . but if thats the case why did you put down there chronic ( copd ) . this is one of the many questions my wife and i asked the doctor during my last visit . he tells me the va forbid him from signing anything that may help me with my claim and he wrote it up as he did . go figure ?

oh yes , like this one there is some scaring in your lungs but its not enough to kill you .

to make a point , my previous doctor had knowledge that my service connected condition had gotten worse , he would make note of it in my medical records but wouldnt tell me just treat me for it and send me on my way but this doctor was a good guy he told me mr livingston i think you need to take this and go to the claims office and have your claim upgraded . so i did and they upgraded my claim just like that .

but not more than a year later he was reassigned to doing desk work onanother floor . so you tell me whats going on ???

ok enough of me going on just venting sorry . i got an award letter and i need someone to tell me just how long after reciving the letter does the arears show up and if its withen the month and close to the end will the changes show in the following months check or what please tell me how this works . thanks for being there , the info here has made a great differance in my knowledge about how to do this and how to put up a good fight . wish me luk , oh yes its gotten to where i cant drive anymore guys breathing has gotten worse pray for me as my wife and i do for all of you and stay strong ,

Advertise Here