Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo
- - - - -

Cnp Exam Report Tinnitus Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 DiEsMiTtY

DiEsMiTtY

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

I am looking at the report from my C an P exam for tinnitus and I have two questions.
Question 1 background information taken from report
Audio test 2
Side: Left
Type of loss: sensorineural
Degree of Loss: normal to Moderately severe (55-69 HL)
Addtional comments: Normal hearing through 3Khz with HFHL at above frequencies.
medical follow up: no
Is hearing loss present? yes
Is tinnitus as likely as not a symptom associated wuth the hearing loss?yes
Diagnosis: WNR R, HFHL SNHL L. Pt will RTC for ABR outside of C&P process due to asymetry.
Ok my first question is what the hell does the diagnosis mean.

Question 2 Background information taken from C&P exam
Medical Opinion
Please evaluate and provide opinion if it is as likely as not that current bilateral hearing loss and tinnitus are related to military noise exposure.
Unable to opine without resort to mere speculation, C File required to reveiw and opine accordingly--pt does not need to return , only c file is needed.
Q2 So how do I find out what her opinion was why was it left off the report. The exam was on June 17th. So in theory they had plenty of time to get my C file.

Anyways I called the 800 number and they said there ready to make a decision. I have to wait for clearance to get my PTSD CnP report. I think I blew that one the examiner was a retired Major general and I just shut down the bastard was even wearing his stars.

#2 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22211 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Welcome to Hadit.

#3 SANDMAN

SANDMAN

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

Seems like intimidation or he's real proud of those stars.
My opinion that's not right for him to wear them at a c&p exam, as the examiner .Did i read that right.
Did they do that so you would man up and not tell about all of your difficulties.We jarheads have a problem telling about our problems ,especially to somebody that is a higher/ ranking authority.
We don't want to be looked at as weak . That was a real sh!t move on there part.
Sgt Sandman

#4 DiEsMiTtY

DiEsMiTtY

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

Seems like intimidation or he's real proud of those stars.
My opinion that's not right for him to wear them at a c&p exam, as the examiner .Did i read that right.
Did they do that so you would man up and not tell about all of your difficulties.We jarheads have a problem telling about our problems ,especially to somebody that is a higher/ ranking authority.
We don't want to be looked at as weak . That was a real sh!t move on there part.
Sgt Sandman

Oh the kicker was he was a marine at that. His office was decorated with marine corps stickers and flags. Hey had a marine Corp lanyard that you wear around your neck for your id. He had his stars on that. I'm sure he discounted everything I said. Although I had an extremly nice letter from the vet center. When he mentioned the vet center letter there was nothing but disdain in his voice.

#5 Notorious Kelly

Notorious Kelly

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

go back there and kick his ass

#6 SANDMAN

SANDMAN

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Kelly, I was thinking that would be a good time for an enlisted man to give it to the zero ( officer ) too. Ha Ha.
Dies, welcome to the board. You'll like it here, good people. I would really try to get your hands on that C&P . Your either gonna like the results or it's gonna piss you off.
Hopefully , a fellow Marine helped you out. But as you are well aware the zeros usually cover there own arse. Goodluck friend.

Sgt

#7 Brother Gate

Brother Gate

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

Sorry about your encounter. Hope your c-file backs up your diagnosis beyond the docs lack of opinion. The quote "Unable to opine without resort to mere speculation" concerns me. I recently had a c&p and had the same words on the report. I was denied because the doc rendered an opinion of speculation rather than least likely as not. The word speculation does not work in your favor. It is the same thing as saying "I don't have a clue".

#8 DiEsMiTtY

DiEsMiTtY

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

The interesting part is on page one it says tinitus is conseded due to my mos as motor transport. That's not what it said verbatim I don't have the report in front of me. If it was conceded why can't she opine. I love the va!!!!!

#9 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22211 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

The interesting part is on page one it says tinitus is conseded due to my mos as motor transport. That's not what it said verbatim I don't have the report in front of me. If it was conceded why can't she opine. I love the va!!!!!

If VBA has conceded your Tinnitus as "due to my mos as motor transport", then it should be service connected.

If the Tinnitus symptoms are shown in the medical evidence to be few and transient, they should be rated as SC'd at zero percent.

If the Tinnitus symptoms are shown in the medical evidence to be recurrent, they should be rated at 10 percent.

#10 pete992

pete992

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1477 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

I agree with Carlie and I would like to add one thing.

Unable to opine without resort to mere speculation, C File required to review and opine accordingly--pt does not need to return , only c file is needed

The mere speculation is not so good but the doctor is willing to make a more accurate opinion after s/he gets your military records. The doctor is saying that to give an accurate medical opinion about your claim s/he would need to review your C-File. VA should had sent your C-file when they requested the C & P exams.

Hope This Helps

Edited by pete992, 22 July 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#11 DiEsMiTtY

DiEsMiTtY

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

I appreciate every little bit. I understand most of you on here have been battling the va longer than I have been around

#12 DiEsMiTtY

DiEsMiTtY

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

I got a call from the va ROI office today and they said that the CnP PTSD doctor won't release my exam results. He will only release them to my primary care physician. Well I was never assigned a primary care doctor at the VA. So the lady I talked to said she's going to talk to her supervisor and call me back. I also had an abr exam, that the CnP audiology exam recommended but it was done outside of the CnP process. This exam further confirmed hearing loss in my left ear. And my iris inquiry came yesterday letting me know that the raters have had my claim since the 13th of July expect 14-30 days and may take longer for a decesion to be made.

#13 GatorCB

GatorCB

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

I got a call from the va ROI office today and they said that the CnP PTSD doctor won't release my exam results. He will only release them to my primary care physician. Well I was never assigned a primary care doctor at the VA. So the lady I talked to said she's going to talk to her supervisor and call me back. I also had an abr exam, that the CnP audiology exam recommended but it was done outside of the CnP process. This exam further confirmed hearing loss in my left ear. And my iris inquiry came yesterday letting me know that the raters have had my claim since the 13th of July expect 14-30 days and may take longer for a decesion to be made.

Sounds to me they have conceded you have tinnitus, so 10% should be showing up in the brown envelope any day! I went through the same thing in late '08 and the whole process took about 5-6 months. My hearing loss was minor compared to yours, as it only affected frequency's higher than normal hearing range, but tinnitus can be present with or without hearing loss, and that was granted. So what they call HFHL (my guess is high frequency hearing loss) may not help you, but it looks like the sensorineural problem has been conceded too.

You should head down to your VAMC to pick out a primary care doctor. You may run into a problem when you do that, as I did. When I first enrolled in the VA system at my VAMC, I was told to head down to "Intake" to pick out a doctor. Intake told me I couldn't do that until I needed to see a doctor for a medical problem. A few months later I went in for a agent orange registry exam, and the doc recommended I pick out a primary care doctor before leaving the building due to high BP, but since it wasn't an emergency (I have meds for BP) and I didn't have the time to wait that day, I tried to make an appointment at Intake. No can do they said, we don't make appointments, so just come back when you need to see a doctor. Then the guy told me that satellite offices did accept appointments, so that is the route I went. You might check out your area for satellite offices and grab a primary care doc there.

Thanks for your service!