Photo
- - - - -

Back Condition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 John46

John46

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

I have a back condition that I believe is caused by my falling due to SC knees. Told Dr. each time I visit my PC Dr. Also reported to Ortho Drs. In recent years I have had the steroid shots and it works for a while. I am currently on Oxycodone prescribed by my PC Dr. Also I have reported to the ER for pain shots in the back. My most recent C&P exam the Dr. noted the abnormal gait in her report. I filed another claim yesterday for the back being secondary to the SC knees. What do ya'll think I need besides the magic words from the C&P Dr.?

Thanks for any info and advice

#2 Vync

Vync

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Get copies of all of your records. Also, dig out your old service medical records and look for anything related to a back injury. It never hurts to pile on extra evidence in your favor. If you have happened to see a private physician for your back, you might want to ask them for an IMO linking everything together.

#3 John46

John46

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

Get copies of all of your records. Also, dig out your old service medical records and look for anything related to a back injury. It never hurts to pile on extra evidence in your favor. If you have happened to see a private physician for your back, you might want to ask them for an IMO linking everything together.

Thanks. Roll Tide!

#4 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6164 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

http://www4.va.gov/v...les/0333670.txt
http://www4.va.gov/v...les/0327109.txt

Similar BVA cases. Maybe it will help you.

J

Edited by jbasser, 29 July 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#5 halos2

halos2

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:59 PM

Hope you live in a region where you have liberal raters. Sometimes secondary claims go through. I had a back injury inservice with 40 yrs of records of continuing treatments and braces and was denied and went to BVA for almost 2 yrs to be remanded back to my VARO and was not developed yet. I had 2 IMO's/IME's and both knew/treated me within the yr of my discharge but a NP examiner screwed my claim. Hope all your exams are by Dr's and they use a gonimeter with their functional exams.

#6 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21749 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

How much weight is pain medication given for secondary conditions given?

#7 John46

John46

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

How much weight is pain medication given for secondary conditions given?

The note about the pain meds was just info as part of treatment for the back along with the steroid shots. It indicates that there is a problem or at least the PC Dr. thinks so.

But in reality I don't fully understand your question.
I realize that the meds represent treatment not cause etc. But it does indicate a problem. I was only giving all the info that I recalled. VA also issued me a Tens unit for my back.