Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  vet201060 : (28 August 2014 - 09:55 PM) Va Is So Shameful!!
@  artlouis : (27 August 2014 - 11:36 AM) Code 7019
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) Damn Post It Notes
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) True That
@  Asiadaug : (26 August 2014 - 07:46 PM) I Have Yet To Deal With Any Piece Of Va That Isn't A Dysfunctional Mess...ebenefits, Claim Filing, Billing...and To Think Our Tax Dollars Are Used To Perpetuate That Calamity!
@  carlie : (26 August 2014 - 05:39 PM) notorious kelly - loved your shout ! ! !
@  GlassRose1500 : (26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM) Would Someone Add Smc Housbound Plus Smc A&a Regular And One Smc K For Me? I Can't Seem To Do That Math!
@  Notorious Kelly : (26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM) Ebenefits Is Not A Thermometer In The Rectum Of Your Claim; It Is A Post-It Note That May Or Not Be Updated Or Accurate. Try Not To Obsess ;)
@  mcassidy : (26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) Osa
@  Jaluluah11B : (26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM) My Reconsideration Finally Showed Up On Ebenefits As A New Claim.  gathering Evidence.  [font=Arial][size=3]Automated 5103 Notice Response Needed. [/size][/font]
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 10:00 AM) Went From Pending Decision Approval To Review Of Evidence Today, I Need To Stop Looking At It. Drives You Crazy Waiting
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 09:30 PM) @coriemboh I Get My Best Claim Advice Here, But My Dav Guy Gets The Best Intel Once The Claim Is Filed
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) The Average Processing Time Is 9 Months More Or Less. Every Time I Call The 800#, I Get A Different Answer. Goe, Roe....make Up Your Mind!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:56 PM) I Just Want To Know Ballpark Figure Of How Much Longer My Claim Will Take. The Bills Are Piling Up. Adds To My Anxiety And Depression. Sure Wish I Could Tell Bill Collectors The Same Things Va Tells Me!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:54 PM) @glassrose1500-No, I Don't. I Put In For Representation A Few Days Ago, But I'm Sure That End Won't Pan Out Until The Claim Is Closed.
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Would Appreciate Feedback On My Smc Draft - Posted In The Smc Section! Tkx!
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:04 PM) @coriemboh - Do You Have A Service Rep You Can Call? They Usually Have More Info...
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 11:16 AM) Called The 800 # To Check Status Of Claim. Really Frustrated With The Lack Of Information.
@  vet201060 : (25 August 2014 - 10:12 AM) Just Checked Ebenefits And Claim Was Pending Decision Approval And Then Checked Few Minutes After That And Now Prep For Decision. Drives Me Crazy
@  coriemboh : (24 August 2014 - 10:00 PM) Anyone Else Having A Hard Time With Evet Updates? Mine Is Taking Forever!

Photo
- - - - -

Clothing Allowance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:40 AM

Has anyone in the Alabama area received their Clothing Allowance this year?

Advertise Here

#2 SeattleShay

SeattleShay

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

Has anyone in the Alabama area received their Clothing Allowance this year?

I live in a Seattle 'burb and haven't seen mine.
I was told that only the "static" vets have received theirs. Some mumbo jumbo about computer....Get Real, for over a month ???!!!!!!

#3 sharon

sharon

HadIt.com Elder/Moderator

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

I'm in North Carolina an I received my letter on Friday stating that I will receive my payment by November 10th.

#4 rgero311975

rgero311975

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:45 AM

I'm in North Carolina an I received my letter on Friday stating that I will receive my payment by November 10th.

i live near salisbury va and i called them ..they said they had 3 weeks of being behind on things

#5 navydoc2

navydoc2

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:44 PM

I put my paperwork in in February, and they told me today that I was not in the system because they have not put me in yet. They can't put me in now because there is a computer "glitch" that shut down the entire system. My question is what happened between February and now? Why didn't they put the paperwork in when I turned it in.

#6 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:52 AM

I put my paperwork in in February, and they told me today that I was not in the system because they have not put me in yet. They can't put me in now because there is a computer "glitch" that shut down the entire system. My question is what happened between February and now? Why didn't they put the paperwork in when I turned it in.

This is what they do all the time. Your paperwork will set for months in suspense file until whatever deadline is assigned to get it in. They never account for problems or do they try to get things done as they get it.

#7 SeattleShay

SeattleShay

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

Wow, a "glithch"...
Wonder what would happen if a glitch kept the VA employees from getting paid until Dec ????? (or after)

#8 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

Got a letter yesterday from the prosthetic department at the VAMC stating that they needed to do a evaluation to make a determination of entitlement and for me to call to make an appointment. I called and the lady told that I can come between 8 and 4, she said make sure that I wear my devices and to bring damaged clothing. Went there this morning told the lady name and last four, told her that I was there clothing allowance eval. She pulled it up on the computer, asked me if I was wearing my devices and I should her, then she said that's it, that's she needed. I asked her did she need to see my clothes she no, I just needed to see if you are still wearing your devices. They had my paperwork since May and now its September and they are just getting to put in the clothing allowance. At the time I was up there there other veterans waiting for the same thing.

It just never stops when it comes to them paying entitlements!

#9 sharon

sharon

HadIt.com Elder/Moderator

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

How old is your device? It may be past time to get another one. You can get a new one every 1 -3 years, depending on the device. Then again, its the VA.

#10 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

How old is your device? It may be past time to get another one. You can get a new one every 1 -3 years, depending on the device. Then again, its the VA.

My hinged knee brace is 2 years and my rigid back brace is 3. I barely lifted my shirt and my pants covered my brace so she was only able to see the prints of my devices.

#11 navydoc2

navydoc2

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

I have to get new knee braces every couple of months. If not they say I'm not using them and use that as a reason to deny me clothing allowance.

#12 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:32 AM

I have to get new knee braces every couple of months. If not they say I'm not using them and use that as a reason to deny me clothing allowance.

My Knee brace was custom for me and cost over 700 dollars

#13 SeattleShay

SeattleShay

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

YEA !!!!!!!!
Got my clothing allowance today.. what a welcome surprise :biggrin:

#14 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

YEA !!!!!!!!
Got my clothing allowance today.. what a welcome surprise :biggrin:

Congratulations, spend wisely and enjoy!

#15 caubulldog

caubulldog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

I was denied saying brace was for a non service connected knee.Sent Priority mail letter of appeal,list id diagnostic codes from Iris, progress notes from Primary doc,and appeal showing service connection existing on right knee since 19993.Some people need to learn to read sometimes before denying people outright.I also have proof of delivery during 30 day appeal period.:angry:

#16 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

Well I am still waiting on my clothing allowance. It's over a month late.

#17 caubulldog

caubulldog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

After sending in abundance of paper priority mail to Director of Prosthetic's I got mine 10-6 so I am pleased.

#18 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:44 AM

I called the Prosthetics department about my clothing allowance and was told that it was processed on Oct 1 2010 so I should see something soon. However they have had my paperwork since April 30 2010. It seems that every year I get the same old mess but this is the first year that its taken this long and I talking nine years of this.

#19 navydoc2

navydoc2

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

I put my paperwork in back in Feb; this is my first year to get the allowance. I'm still waiting, I call the 800 number and they say I'm not in the system. I visit the prosthetic department and they give me the number of the guy to call, and his phone goes straight to voicemail. This has been going on for the last month.

#20 caubulldog

caubulldog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

I know next to nothing about this benefit except it is controlled by the hospital you go to for treatment. I gathered up all my paperwork on my own and sent it directly to this department by priority mail delivery confirmation. I learned long ago that the 1800 number is useless for anything as they know next to nothing so I use strictly the Va's Iris system for communication with them and it has added bonus of being in writing which can be either printed off of saved as a pdf copy for backing up proof I sent them a message or they responded.

#21 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:28 AM

I got a letter yesterday from the Prosthetics Department say my clothing allowance for 2010 was approve and I should receive payment in two to three weeks from date of letter(10/21/2010). Then it goes on to say Enclosed you will find an application for you to use to file your 2011 clothing allowance claim. This is the first time I have received a letter from Prosthetics in all these years I have been receiving clothing allowances.
Has anyone else gotten similar letter from Prosthetics?

Advertise Here