Photo
- - - - -

Myhealthyvet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Tomahawk

Tomahawk

E-3 Seaman

• Third Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

I read somewhere and I cannot find the post now I think Pete was the one who posted, that he was able to download medical records from Myhealthy Vet. Is there something you need to do after yoou do the in person verification in order to view these things? I did the in person verification back in July and still the only thing that gave me access to was the names of my prescriptions and the ability to request refills online. It would be a huge benefit if I could browse my medical records and just print the pages out I need.

#2 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22282 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

The electronic system is not set up for this yet.

#3 Vync

Vync

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1706 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

You are correct. The only useful feature is refilling your medications and reading VA propaganda.

This article explains how the rest of the site is practically useless, which includes info about downloading your records:

http://www.vawatchdo.../nf090810-3.htm

The best way to get copies of your medical records are to:
1. Keep the originals (if you have them)
2. Request them from the VAMC Release of Information Office (some offices can provide a CD or DVD containing your copies)
3. Request a copy of your C-File (mine contained more records than the RIO's copy, but be careful because it could delay your claim)

#4 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• 21901 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

No if you have been authorized you can use blue button and get selected copies of labs and all the meds you have ever taken. It also lists the blood pressure and weights and vitals taken on visits. I got 381 pages mostly meds yesterday.

#5 Tomahawk

Tomahawk

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for the info. Im not gonna request a copy of my C-file until this claim actually gets denied. At that point Ill request a copy and put in my NOD. Im currently waiting the agonizing week to 2 weeks for my verification code for ebenefits. Took me a month to get the crap verified.

Anyhow thanks again.

No if you have been authorized you can use blue button and get selected copies of labs and all the meds you have ever taken. It also lists the blood pressure and weights and vitals taken on visits. I got 381 pages mostly meds yesterday.

I've tried the blue button and all that. It doesnt have anything in it. Nor are any of my vitals listed anywhere

#6 Vync

Vync

• 1706 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Hmm... I logged into the site and the blue button looks new. Here's the contents of the link. I am going to try it...

Also... Look at the name of the person who contributed the article. Come on now... Is that for real?

How Do I Get My HealtheVet Data As A Download?
Contributed by Kim Nazi

Posted ImageVeterans can view their My HealtheVet personal health information using a Web browser. If the Veteran has an upgraded account, this information is a blend of self-entered data and available information from their VA Electronic Health Record. A new feature called the "Blue Button" provides an easy way for My HealtheVet users to also download their personal health information. This information can be for the Veterans' own use or for use in other systems.

The Blue Button makes it possible for Veterans to view, print, or save their personal health information. Veterans can download a file to a location that they choose. This file can be used with other programs. Of course, sharing health information has both benefits and risks. It is important to follow safe information practices. The Department of Veterans Affairs cares about Veterans' privacy and security.

What Does This Mean to Me?

Posted ImageAt one time, you paid your bills by mail and deposited your checks at your local bank. Now you can access your bank account, pay bills, and deposit or withdraw money through an ATM or your bank’s website. Your bank is simple to use while still being safe, secure, and reliable.

My HealtheVet now offers the ability to download your personal health information using the Blue Button. You can do this when you are at home, at a medical center or anywhere that you have Internet access. The Blue Button is safe, secure, reliable and simple to use.

#7 Vync

Vync

• 1706 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

Ok, I just tried it. The only things I could access was just the data which was already on the myhealthevet site. It had emergency contact information and my prescription history. Nothing else. :blink:

Pete,
They must like you more than they like me and tomahawk.

#8 Tomahawk

Tomahawk

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

lol Im certain they don't like me. And I researched the name. Kim Nazi does appear to be a real name. I feel sorry for her growing up.

#9 Vync

Vync

• 1706 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

lol Im certain they don't like me. And I researched the name. Kim Nazi does appear to be a real name. I feel sorry for her growing up.

lol, no joke! You would have thought she would have changed it at some point. I never would have imagined I would see someone with that name.

#10 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22379 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

I tried and got my prescription history for the last 15 years. I found I have been on opiates since 2004. Pretty interesting.

#11 brokensoldier244th

brokensoldier244th

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

Im going to go in and verify today, so we'll see how/if it shows me anything different when I get back to work from lunch.

#12 LarryJ

LarryJ

Hadit.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3214 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

Tommyhauck, just remember, it takes from, oh, say, 2 to 6 months to get a copy of your c-file.............................

.............just sayin'....

#13 Tomahawk

Tomahawk

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

Tommyhauck, just remember, it takes from, oh, say, 2 to 6 months to get a copy of your c-file.............................

.............just sayin'....

It shouldn't take that long if I go to the office and request it be done right now. If they say they cant, then Ill tell them I want to see it right now and copy it myself. Considering I can get a FULL copy of my 2000+ page medical record within 20-30 minutes, it shouldn't take 2--6 months for my cfile

#14 allan

allan

Content Contributor

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 13030 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

[It shouldn't take that long if I go to the office and request it be done right now. If they say they cant, then Ill tell them I want to see it right now and copy it myself. ]

Larry is right on.
It will take from 2 to 6 months to recieve a copy of your C-file from the VARO or BVA.

In order to view your C-file at the VARO, you will need to make an appointment in advance. They won't likely let you see it just by walking in and asking for it. As far as making them give you a copy of it right on the spot?

Good luck is all I have to say.

#15 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22379 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

Good luck in getting your complete file. When I compared my copy of my file with the BVA's copy theirs was three times as large.

#16 LarryJ

LarryJ

Hadit.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3214 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

It shouldn't take that long if I go to the office and request it be done right now. If they say they cant, then Ill tell them I want to see it right now and copy it myself. Considering I can get a FULL copy of my 2000+ page medical record within 20-30 minutes, it shouldn't take 2--6 months for my cfile

Okey-Dokey...........you probably know more about all this VA stuff than I do, and I stand corrected. Sorry.

#17 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22282 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

[quote name='Tomahawk' timestamp='1284001206' post='217772']
It shouldn't take that long if I go to the office and request it be done right now.
Thanks for the laugh.

If they say they cant, then Ill tell them I want to see it right now and copy it myself.
Thanks again for another laugh.
You can't just walk in and view your file on demand.
You have to make an appointment so they can set it up first and have a VA employee
stand directly over your shoulder while you view your file -
this is so you can't slip anything either in, or out of the file.
No - you will not copy it yourself - no way.

Considering I can get a FULL copy of my 2000+ page medical record within 20-30 minutes, it shouldn't take 2--6 months for my cfile
VAMC records are different from C-file and SMR/STR's and so is the procedure for getting them.

#18 Tomahawk

Tomahawk

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

I guess Ill just keep my comments to myself from now on and restrict my posts to questions. Thanks for the help.

#19 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22282 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:54 PM

I guess Ill just keep my comments to myself from now on and restrict my posts to questions. Thanks for the help.

Tomahawk,
Don't get all defensive.

People that have been there and done it on a regular basis,
just know how this VA system works and they are letting you know that
it does not work the way one would think - it should work.

Heck - so many times I've known of vets driving a couple of hundred of miles,
walk into their VARO and say I'm here to see my records and get a copy.
HA - HA, ain't happening that day.

Now, had that same vet been a member at Hadit.com - they would have known this
and wouldn't have given the VARO
the opportunity to make them have HADIT - at least, not on that day.

#20 LarryJ

LarryJ

Hadit.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3214 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

Like carlie just said, don't get yer panties in a wad (she did say, didn't she......................).

It's just that some of us have been dealing with the VA, not for months, not for a couple DOZEN months, not for a "few" years, but for ALL OUR LIVES (well, all our lives since we got out of the military, anyway (and I got out a LONNNNG TIME AGO). And, then there are some of us who STILL work active claims for other veterans, on a daily basis (myself included). ?Having said that, it should be an indication to you that some of us know whereof we speak, si'?

Now, I know that you probably didn't KNOW all that, okay. But, when one of us makes the statement ".......it could be 2 to 6 months.....", then trust us.....IT COULD BE 2 - 6 MONTHS. And, if one of us slips up and comes up with some "bad information", then, I assure you, one or several of my fellow board members will posthaste correct that bad information.

But, and I'm not wanting to discourage you, but I am also not going to disillusion you: (1) The VA time frames are measured in calendar months.........nothing EVER happens on any smaller a time frames (ixnay speaking of days or weeks, okay?). (2) You don't show up at the VA and request that "it" be done "right now" (please refer to item number (1) above). (3) You will never be allowed to "copy it myself" (you really didn't think that they were going to allow you back in the copy room at the VA, did you? Naw, I thought not.....).
Anyway............just join right in, with our happy little gang.......and don't get yer nose outta joint just because we might not go along with your train of thought. You ain't THAT thin-skinned, are you? Naw, I thought not...........:rolleyes:

Edited by LarryJ, 09 September 2010 - 07:30 PM.

#21 SLEDGE

SLEDGE

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

Tomahawk,
I believe you will find that trying to force anything out of a VA employee will cause mayhem as if you were stealing candy from a 5 year old.
They don't know us or the crap that we have been through.
Therefore, all of their experience is related to the crap that they get from their insecure, upwardly mobile, immature boss.

Put yourself in their shoes and act accordingly and something might happen.
Compared to years of extra BS and nothing forward on you issues.

sledge

#22 Vync

Vync

• 1706 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:31 AM

Tomahawk,
I learned the hard way. I called the 1-800 number and they told me that I could go to the RO and they would let me leave with a copy of my c-file. I took a day off (100 miles each way) and the RO guy simply laughed and shook his head. Sure, I was pissed about it, but I still had to wait about six months. When the large box arrived in the mail, my file was four volumes thick (about 12" tall). At least you are able to find this out ahead of time instead of wasting a day of vacation time and spending hours on the road.

I agree with Sledge. While at the RO, I waited to visit with the DAV rep. The waiting area is in the hallway and I waited about two hours. During that time, I saw the same VA rep who talked with me spending over an hour just hanging out in the hallway talking it up with his buddies about what they did the previous weekend. Nice.