Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3691 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 100
  • Branch of Service: US Army Airborne

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

WAC-Vet75, nope never heard back, yet. Next wk I'll be home all week and will try daily to get in touch w/them. I bet they'll call me back if I say I'm interested in leaving my estate to them!

pr

PR, did you ever get a call back from NVLSP? I sent them an email, applicable regs with responses, but have not heard a thing from them so far.

#42 Philip Rogers

Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3691 posts
  • Branch of Service: US Army Airborne

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

John - mine was inferred in '99 when they awarded me, statuatory 100% but they denied it. It's been under appeal since'99 and is now headed back to the BVA, before returning to the court. In the meantime I have 20+10+10+10+10, which should total 60% and entitle me to the "s" award but they denied that, using the combined ratings chart/table, which is a clear error. At least it'll be awarded eventually to August, 2010, when I win that part.

pr

Pete

I think both you and Phil are owed retro on "S" since it should have been inferred when you got 100%. I would not give up on that. If there is nothing in your records that say they considered it and rejected it then you know they did not even think about it. 10+ years of S retro would be some big dollars.

#43 broncovet

broncovet

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • 3597 posts
  • Branch of Service: USN

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

Sydney
If you did not notice this, the VA is proposing incompetency, according to what you posted. You need to address this, if you have not already.
Also, according to the way I interpret what you posted, you are 100 + 70, and eligible for SMC S under Bradley vs Peake. You would want to deal with both issues, but it is unlikely to matter whether you get SMC S or not if some crooked VA attorney winds up stealing all your money anyway as your fiduciary. If your wife or someone like this is your fiduciary, however, and you are comfortable with this, then leave it alone. But, unless there is a compelling reason, you do not ever want the VA to pick out your fiduciary for you...YOU want to do the picking. Probably a family member or trusted friend.

#44 Lenkl

Lenkl

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 100%
  • Branch of Service: USA

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

I am in the same boat I am a 100% P&T but have a 50% 4 40% 2 30% 4 20% 3 10% they gave me the first level SMC my Dr. Put in for house bound twice.

#45 patriot1966

patriot1966

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 100%
  • Branch of Service: Army

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

when i went thru my PEB/MEB the VA rep suggested that i be considered for housebound do to my PTSD, depression, anxiety. My son has to bring to my appoinments as well as my wife, My question is, I get 100% TDIU as with 40% for Degenerative Disk to the lumbar area and 20% to the cervicle area of my neck, 10% for left shoulder 10% for right knee Now this was all done for this Pilot Program called DES (disabitly evaluation system) the Army medically retired on June 9 2011 at 100% the VA rep is recommending SMC (s) Im just waiting on the decision letter. If im denied SMC how do i Appeal it.

#46 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21712 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy researching and debate of claims for
    Clear and Unmistakable Error (C&UE).
  • Service Connected Disability: 100+
  • Branch of Service: USA

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

when i went thru my PEB/MEB the VA rep suggested that i be considered for housebound do to my PTSD, depression, anxiety. My son has to bring to my appoinments as well as my wife, My question is, I get 100% TDIU as with 40% for Degenerative Disk to the lumbar area and 20% to the cervicle area of my neck, 10% for left shoulder 10% for right knee Now this was all done for this Pilot Program called DES (disabitly evaluation system) the Army medically retired on June 9 2011 at 100% the VA rep is recommending SMC (s) Im just waiting on the decision letter. If im denied SMC how do i Appeal it.

patriot,
Welcome.
Please repost your info and questions by starting it as a new topic in the
corresponding Forum.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users