Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  vet201060 : (22 August 2014 - 10:29 AM) Thanks For The Info
@  carlie : (22 August 2014 - 10:03 AM) Vet201060 - No The Vso Does Not Represent The Va. Also - Best To Post Questions To The Board.
@  babyray : (21 August 2014 - 07:15 AM) Dc
@  rootbeer22 : (20 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Buddy Statements
@  IraqVet : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 PM) Anyone Recieveing Letters From Vfw To Applay For Tricare And Campava Supplimantal Insurance When You Do Not Have 100% Yet....mines Pending But I Wonder If They Know Something I Dont
@  Detonator : (19 August 2014 - 10:51 AM) Insomnia
@  jbasser : (18 August 2014 - 08:29 PM) Folks, Dont Miss The Hadit Radio Show Wed At 1Pm Eastern. The Basser Hour.
@  Thadine : (18 August 2014 - 12:23 PM) Nod
@  carlie : (18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM) Notapb1 - Might Get More Replies If You Post The Questions Into The Forums.
@  notapb1 : (18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM) Looking For Feedback. I Have Applied For Iu. Was Told To Come In For A Psych Eval And Diabetes Clinic. Received A Call From Va They Were Cancelling The Psych Eval As The Doc(?) Who Did It In March(Ptsd Increase) Was Asked For His Opinion And He Was Going To Submit That. This Is The Same Individual Who Told Me Off The Record About Iu And To Contact My Service Officer. Sounds Positive To Me, But I May Be A Little Bias. Thoughts?
@  waltbarb : (16 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Appeal
@  MarkInTexas : (16 August 2014 - 04:49 PM) Just Testing This "shout" Thing....... Have A Great Weekend Everybody!
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:40 PM) I Reset Firefox And Now Can Read- Probably Kok Issue (Kitties On The Keyboard)
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM) I Couldn't Read Posts So I Changed Theme To Ipboard Mobile. Now I Can Read And It Says Hadit Custom
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:32 PM) Raymondb50 - Probably Better To Post Your Question To The Board.
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:15 PM) Raymondbb50 - What Is It That You Want ?
@  raymondb50 : (15 August 2014 - 09:47 PM) How Do I Change Member Title And Group Info In My Profile?
@  carlie : (15 August 2014 - 08:37 PM) Just Saying Hi To All
@  WoundedWarrior : (14 August 2014 - 08:50 AM) Got Unofficial Word From The Vso - Unofficially Approved For Tdiu, Effective Date 6/3/2014
@  mrmark1999 : (13 August 2014 - 06:23 PM) Ok When You Call The 1800 # You Feel Like They Allways Have Heavy Call Volume

Photo
- - - - -

Va Retro Pay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

If the VA tells you the amount on the 800#, how long does it generally take for them to deposit it?

Advertise Here

#2 pete992

pete992

• 1458 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

Try calling the VA National Direct Deposit Center. They can tell you the amount and the day it should be posted to your account; 1-877-838-2778. Keep in mind that your claim must be fully completed and award payment was sent to be paid out.

#3 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 708 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

Try calling the VA National Direct Deposit Center. They can tell you the amount and the day it should be posted to your account; 1-877-838-2778. Keep in mind that your claim must be fully completed and award payment was sent to be paid out.

That is great info-thanks so much once they receive it-takes 5-7 days to process,and they got mine yesterday-same day the claim was closed-very fast closing

Edited by COOL BREEZE, 21 September 2010 - 04:52 PM.

#4 halos2

halos2

• 1488 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

Glad you got it. I got mine all three within 2 weeks as they kept granting all of a sudden during 2 weeks. Also I called the depository some years back and they told me it wasn't put into the system yet, and this was on a wednesday, so I called the bank and told them I was to have a decent deposit in a few weeks and they said well you had one yesterday(tuesday) the day before the depository told me it wasn't entered yet. Don't trust anyone, they all just give you a line to get you off the phone...

#5 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:38 AM

Glad you got it. I got mine all three within 2 weeks as they kept granting all of a sudden during 2 weeks. Also I called the depository some years back and they told me it wasn't put into the system yet, and this was on a wednesday, so I called the bank and told them I was to have a decent deposit in a few weeks and they said well you had one yesterday(tuesday) the day before the depository told me it wasn't entered yet. Don't trust anyone, they all just give you a line to get you off the phone...

Actually they verified the amount and told me it takes 5-7 business days after you get the envelope before you get the retro. The fax I got just gave me the basic info, that was this morning, then the mail man stuffed my mail box with the brown envelop this afternoon. The wife was happy, she is afraid I will screw something up if I file an appeal, and we will wind up with nothing again. Nothing was mentioned about a future exam, or do they just do it unexpectly ?

#6 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22189 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

In the words of Sgt Bilko "money from home".

#7 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21798 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

Gladyou got it how much help was Hadit to you?

#8 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:54 PM

Gladyou got it how much help was Hadit to you?

I thought this forum was very helpful. I think I am a little hard headed at times-know I probably upset a few folks. I found a service officer at the local dav and he explained it the same way it was done. here. He took it out of my hands and mailed the piece of evidence for the cardo rating that would bump me up to 70% if approved. The individual rating gave me a 30%,with the evidence I had it would give me 60%. And then they will do my claims 1 at a time piece mail. If I do all this at once it would take forever. Said I should get a decision in less then a month and we'll take the next one in line. Funny thing is he put the DAV address in phoenix regional claim on it-I think there rep there takes it straight to the rating for another look-no development at all.

#9 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 708 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

If the VA tells you the amount on the 800#, how long does it generally take for them to deposit it?

The eagle made a deposit today, it was exactly 2 days after the brown envelope arrives, the finance center will not till you the exact day, they are not allowed to tell you even if they know. They will only state the national average-5-7 business days, or what another rep at the finance center for the VA-within 2 weeks, however you could be getting it any time. Correct how about I called yesterday for that answer and it was deposited it today. Also e-benifits will not show a retro until it actually happens-will not be there the day before, will only show the day off when it happens. Now I can go buy some new tires and bring my mortgage current=And how was your day!

Advertise Here