Photo
- - - - -

In-Service Vs Post Service Ptsd Diagnoised

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 okie143

okie143

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

I looked on the PTSD forum about being diagnoised for PTSD in-service vs post service and saw that in 2008 the Sec VA said that if a person is diagnoised for PTSD while in-service that the VA can take the "Lay" veterans word however I have seen nothing that says about post service.

I was diagnoised with post service PTSD by two VA physicologists in two different states for things that happened in the 1st Gulf War. So I filed for VA disability based on these two doctors, shrinks, diagnosis and am wondering if I need to submit copies of my orders sending me to Kuwait and anything else I might have that shows I was there?

One of the Va shrinks referred me to the 5 weeks full time PTSD clinic. Has anyone been to one of these full time PTSD clinics that you stay at full time?

#2 Vync

Vync

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1396 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

Because you were in the first Gulf War, you should have the Southwest Asia Medal (SWAM) showing you served in theater. The new PTSD presumptives are supposed to make things a lot easier. You may not need to submit any orders.