Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  arng11 : (26 November 2014 - 11:30 AM) Everyone Enjoy The Holidays And Be Safe.
@  eagle1012004 : (26 November 2014 - 10:10 AM) Have A Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Atomicwidow Thank Your For Donating To Our Funding Campaign.

Photo
- - - - -

Knee Injury

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rhodesia

Rhodesia

E-3 Seaman

• Third Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hello. I had a knee injury back in 2001 on active duty. I had a torn Meniscus/ACL tear. I had surgery and received 10% VA disibility from the VA for this condition. I had surgery again on the same knee in 2010 and the VA Dr. not only worked on my torn Meniscus/ACL again because the tear had gotten bigger through the years and plus the military left some debree around my knee cap which resulted in having arthritus in that area. Well he did some shaving of the bone which resulted with continuing pain after the surgery. The same Dr. has me is a ACL Metal Brace which I have been told I will be wearing this for a long time.

I have completed my C&P exam for an increase due to the second surgery and now wearing a ACL metal brace. I have never been to a C&P exam that only took 15 minutes. it was like I was in and then out. All he did was looked at my brace, and looked at my knee, took some measurments of the knee, and out the door I went. So I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I have waited 7 months for the C&P exam. I did asked him how long does he think I will hear back from the VA, he said normally in about 6 to 12 weeks but in your case about a week.

So does anyone out there know if approved for an increase what I might be looking at for disibility percentage? I already get 10% for my knee, they have it listed as continueing left knee pain. Go Figure. Thanks for any input

#2 Bravo6

Bravo6

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

I would wait a few days and go to the Release of Information Office and get a copy of the C&P, then post what the Dr. stated in the C&P results!

B6

#3 navydoc2

navydoc2

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

How long did you take rehabing your knee. When I had surgery for my knees in 03, 05; the VA paid me at temporary 100% for 1 month, you may be entitled to at least that. Like Bravo said I would get a copy of the C&P so I could see the measurements as they are key in deciding percentages.

#4 *Bergie*

*Bergie*

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Content Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

Hello. I had a knee injury back in 2001 on active duty. I had a torn Meniscus/ACL tear. I had surgery and received 10% VA disibility from the VA for this condition. I had surgery again on the same knee in 2010 and the VA Dr. not only worked on my torn Meniscus/ACL again because the tear had gotten bigger through the years and plus the military left some debree around my knee cap which resulted in having arthritus in that area. Well he did some shaving of the bone which resulted with continuing pain after the surgery. The same Dr. has me is a ACL Metal Brace which I have been told I will be wearing this for a long time.

I have completed my C&P exam for an increase due to the second surgery and now wearing a ACL metal brace. I have never been to a C&P exam that only took 15 minutes. it was like I was in and then out. All he did was looked at my brace, and looked at my knee, took some measurments of the knee, and out the door I went. So I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I have waited 7 months for the C&P exam. I did asked him how long does he think I will hear back from the VA, he said normally in about 6 to 12 weeks but in your case about a week.

So does anyone out there know if approved for an increase what I might be looking at for disibility percentage? I already get 10% for my knee, they have it listed as continueing left knee pain. Go Figure. Thanks for any input

I have an old friend who started out like you and now has a total knee replacement to his right leg and severe arthritis to the left (normal) leg after years of over compensation. I don't know your age but this may very well be where you are headed sometime down the line. I suggest you use that brace as long as you can tolerate it and keep it handy for when you have to do a lot of walking to help your unaffected knee and keep it from wearing out.
JMO,
Bergie

#5 JR Reihs

JR Reihs

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Do not forget to file for Arthritis and the scar's as secondary conditions.

#6 Rhodesia

Rhodesia

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

C&P exam says

right knee unaffected range of motion is 0 to 114 degrees extension/flexion

Left knee range of motion is 8 degrees to 104 degrees. He cannot extend beyond 8 degrees. he has positive anterior drawer sign, The veteran does have TED hose on for varicose veins. There is crepitus with range of motion. The left knee is mildly worsening over time, as indicated as second surgical repair and the use of an unloaded brace at this time. The use of the brace would be thought to be chronic at this time.

#7 Rhodesia

Rhodesia

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

[So does anyone out there know if approved for an increase what I might be looking at for disibility percentage? I already get 10% for my knee, they have it listed as continueing left knee pain. Go Figure. Thanks for any input

C&P exam says

right knee unaffected range of motion is 0 to 114 degrees extension/flexion

Left knee range of motion is 8 degrees to 104 degrees. He cannot extend beyond 8 degrees. he has positive anterior drawer sign, The veteran does have TED hose on for varicose veins. There is crepitus with range of motion. The left knee is mildly worsening over time, as indicated as second surgical repair and the use of an unloaded brace at this time. The use of the brace would be thought to be chronic at this time.

[/quote]

#8 USAFvet13

USAFvet13

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

Here is the rating table for limited extension of the knee. Also crepitus can indicate arthritis and / or chondromalacia. If you do not get rated for either of those see about getting a medical opinion and file for it and also for a clothing allowance due to your brace.

5261 Leg, limitation of extension of:Extension limited to 4550Extension limited to 3040Extension limited to 2030Extension limited to 1520Extension limited to 1010Extension limited to 5

#9 USAFvet13

USAFvet13

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

It messed up the table I posted..

You can find the ratings for the knee under the electronic code of federal regulations, Title 38: Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief, Part 4: Schedule for rating disabilities.

http://ecfr.gpoacces...0.1.1.5.2.97.13