Advertise Here

Photo

Self Employment Track With Vocational Rehab

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Infantry1985

Infantry1985

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

I was approved for the Vocational Rehabalitation Self employment track to become a Self Employed CPA (Public Accountant), WIth the Self employement track I've chosen, I have to first study and take my CPA exam; Does this count as Home study for schooling, so I would get the home study stipend?

Also, I have to go in and sign paper tomorrow, do I have to sign a contract? WHat happens if I fail at my business?

Another Issue I have is when I was waiting on my 40% rating I did not know about the Vocational Rehab program. While not knowing about the program, I went to get my MBA due to needing it for my CPA. I did this knowing that I would have to become self employed due to my disabilities? Can the Vocational rehab retro pay me for my mba or pay some of the loans off?

Thanks for all your help!

Advertise Here

#2 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28467 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

sorry no one replied here yet- I think we are stumped. Have you asked people at Vocational Rehabalitation Self employment track these questions?

"Can the Vocational rehab retro pay me for my mba or pay some of the loans off?"

I dont think they could do that in your case-but ask someone at Voc Rehab-VA-

VA never pays off student loans - It is only for tuition and the stipend.

If a vet however becomes totally and permanently disabled for any reason, Students loan balances are almost always waived.

#3 Infantry1985

Infantry1985

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

Has anyone had any experience with the self employment track? Any knowledge or help would be great..

What if I fail at my business? Will i have to pay the money back?

#4 dudeman5811

dudeman5811

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

How are you an E-3 Seaman, with infrantry 1985 attatched to your name and was part of the Army?

Advertise Here