Jump to content


Sign In or Register to post to our forums. Registration not required to read and search our forums.

HadIt.com Podcast Click Here Live and Archived Shows

- - - - -

Va Chatline - To Help Va Claimants

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carlie


    Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22355 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy researching and debate of claims for
    Clear and Unmistakable Error (C&UE).
  • Service Connected Disability: 100+
  • Branch of Service: USA

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:30 PM


Public and Intergovernmental Affairs

VA Adds Chat Feature to Online Application for Health Benefits

January 18, 2011

Printable Version
Need Viewer Software?

VA Adds Chat Feature to Online Application for Health Benefits

WASHINGTON – Veterans will find it easier and faster to apply for their health care benefits now that the Department of Veterans Affairs has enhanced and streamlined its online Form 10-10EZ, “Application for Health Benefits.”

“VA is committed to tapping into the best that technology has to offer to ensure Veterans receive the benefits they have earned,” said Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki. “We continue to look for new ways to improve access to care and benefits and engage Veterans.”

This revised online application now features a chat function which will allow Veterans to receive live assistance while they are filling out the form. Additional enhancements to the process include simplification of questions relating to military service in Southeast Asia during the Gulf and in the Vietnam wars. Several additional minor enhancements make the application easier and faster for Veterans to complete.

The 10-10EZ application is divided into six different sets of information, including personal information, insurance information, employment, military service, and a financial assessment. Since November 2000, nearly 400,000 Veterans have already used the online 10-10EZ to start receiving health care benefits from VA.

Future enhancements to the online application will include a 10-10 EZR Health Benefits Renewal Form for Veterans to update their personal information and a special 10-10EZ designed specifically for demobilizing military service members.

Veterans may complete or download the 10-10EZ form at the VA health eligibility Web site at www.1010ez.med.va.gov/sec/vha/1010ez.

Veterans may also contact VA at 1 (877) 222-8387 (VETS), visit the VA health eligibility Web site at www.va.gov/healtheligibility or apply for health care benefits at any VA medical center at http://www2.va.gov/d.../guide/home.asp with the help of a VA health care eligibility specialist.



#2 Raymond Bigda

Raymond Bigda

    E-2 Recruit

  • Seaman
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Branch of Service: USN

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

Dear Carlie,


My husband is a WWII Navy Veteran and he needs two hearing aids. I just got unemployed and we cannot afford to buy these hearing aids.

Do you know how we can get these hearing aids?


Please help. He's needed these fifteen years ago.


Thank you for your help.

Edited by Tbird, 28 May 2015 - 09:53 AM.
Removed Personal Identification Information

#3 briandalegm


    E-3 Seaman

  • Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: None
  • Branch of Service: USMC

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

Dear Carlie - 


Here is a great training resource for vets using the FDC process - 



#4 lfredrick123


    E-2 Recruit

  • New User Review
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: None
  • Branch of Service: Army

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

First of all we just got my husbands hearing aid. You need to make sure he is enrolled in the health care program. I took my husband  to the VA Hospital, filled out the forms and in about 2 weeks he got his card. Once that is done, he needs to be seen in the primary care clinic. In our case we chose the Community Based Clinic. When we went for the appointment I told them he was having hearing issues and they referred him to the hearing clinic. We went to the clinic a few weeks later and he was evaluated. He had left side hearing loss and tinnitis. They ordered the appliance and within the month he had it and is wearing it. If this was due to his service you just need to file a fully developed claim. and they will call him in for a C and P exam. That is the key...gather your medical records, his hearing history, identify and have proof of service related injury. Just time consuming but not impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users