Photo
- - - - -

***e-Benifits Information**

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

I thought I would share some information I learned today from the VBN site concerning E-benefits. I have never seen this posted here, and if it is I apologize for bringing it up again.

If your claim says closed on the E-benefits , go check under the pay info, look under utilities(in the center section) and benefits letter(letter generator will show up. There are 3 letters you can click on:

1. Benefit Verification letter(will give your current amount, and combined evaluation amount

2. Service Verification letter-will state that you were honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces(states your branch, date you entered service, date discharged)

3. Civil Service Preference Letter-your name and states this letter is to establish your Veterans preference for civil service employment.

Also-for example, mine states According to Department of Veterans records,you separated under honorable conditions from active duty military service and you are entitled to compensation for service-connected disability(ies)that are evaluated as 30% or more disabling

You may print all these letters out, they have your name, address, and are signed by Robert T. Reynolds, Director-Benefits Assistance Service

All of your current information is listed under these 3 categories.

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21753 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:59 AM

Thank you that was a really good post.

#3 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 705 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

Thank you that was a really good post.

Your welcome. I don't know the accuracy of this but I did print out all of my copies. I would like for our members to go to this area and verify their information. They can also

change or update their address as well. And for those members that have a case closed, check this so we can really determine if this will show the new % before the eagles hit the

pay area and the letter arrives in the mail. According to 1 member on that site-it did! If so, we have a new tool of finding out claim status once the case shows closed :biggrin:

#4 justrluk

justrluk

• 792 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

Worked for me! I've been to that site every day since I could get in, and never saw this. Thanks!

#5 Vync

Vync

• 1460 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Very cool find!

Now they need to add a couple of more forms:

An exchange/commissary authorization letter would be nice, especially if someone misplaced theirs.

To help Veterans get their special license plates, a letter with branch, discharge type, and SC percentage would be nice. My county VSO used to do this, but said they were told to stop and refer everyone to the RO. I know two of the letters already present would do this, but the DAV workers really have no business knowing how much money anyone gets in compensation.

Do you think I would need to call the ebenefits 1-800 number or could I suggest this through IRIS?

#6 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 705 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Very cool find!

Now they need to add a couple of more forms:

An exchange/commissary authorization letter would be nice, especially if someone misplaced theirs.

To help Veterans get their special license plates, a letter with branch, discharge type, and SC percentage would be nice. My county VSO used to do this, but said they were told to stop and refer everyone to the RO. I know two of the letters already present would do this, but the DAV workers really have no business knowing how much money anyone gets in compensation.

Do you think I would need to call the ebenefits 1-800 number or could I suggest this through IRIS?

Well, I am glad this is helping. They sure buried this info. But what I am dying to know if there are members out there that show there claim closed, if they will check this to see if this will automatically show the updated letter asap. If so, this
is a gold mine. Much better then calling the 800#. for useless information- "I show your claim is with the rating board-bla bla bla".:tongue:

I would think you could ask through IRIS, but again I am still waiting for my response for months now.

#7 Doug

Doug

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

The information contained in the letter generator may not be correct. The letter generator section was on the ebenefits site a while back and nearly all the info was incorrect. They pulled some of the letters to correct the mistakes but I find that some of the info on my awards are still incorrect. It might be best to verify the info before using it for any official purposes.

#8 vetwife

vetwife

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

But what I am dying to know if there are members out there that show there claim closed, if they will check this to see if this will automatically show the updated letter asap. If so, this

It did work for us.
The letter generator on Ebenefit updated the new % on the benefit verification letter & added the commissary letter 5 days before we received the letter in the mail.
It was correct with %

Another thing - under "payment history" I was able to see how much retro was going to be deposited 3 days before it hit (nice to know how much was coming)

#9 cooter

cooter

• 966 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

Great find! Thanks, I had no idea that info was there

#10 chr49

chr49

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

I thought I would share some information I learned today from the VBN site concerning E-benefits. I have never seen this posted here, and if it is I apologize for bringing it up again.

If your claim says closed on the E-benefits , go check under the pay info, look under utilities(in the center section) and benefits letter(letter generator will show up. There are 3 letters you can click on:

1. Benefit Verification letter(will give your current amount, and combined evaluation amount

2. Service Verification letter-will state that you were honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces(states your branch, date you entered service, date discharged)

3. Civil Service Preference Letter-your name and states this letter is to establish your Veterans preference for civil service employment.

Also-for example, mine states According to Department of Veterans records,you separated under honorable conditions from active duty military service and you are entitled to compensation for service-connected disability(ies)that are evaluated as 30% or more disabling

You may print all these letters out, they have your name, address, and are signed by Robert T. Reynolds, Director-Benefits Assistance Service

All of your current information is listed under these 3 categories.

Cool Breeze
Thank you for posting this information for our members.
I had just recently found them and figured they had always been there and everybody else knew about it.
It's sure an easy way to print out letters and correct a simple error in my mailing address.

#11 JT24usn

JT24usn

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

I cannot Find the utilities Section in the Pay. You are talking about va pay history right?

#12 wdroberson

wdroberson

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

[quote name='T8r' timestamp='1309665342' post='249983']

Edited by wdroberson, 09 October 2011 - 12:53 PM.

#13 halos2

halos2

• 1488 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

Please change your avatar to reflect you awarded %. We all bask in the glory when someone wins! Thanks.:blush:

It did work for us.
The letter generator on Ebenefit updated the new % on the benefit verification letter & added the commissary letter 5 days before we received the letter in the mail.
It was correct with %

Another thing - under "payment history" I was able to see how much retro was going to be deposited 3 days before it hit (nice to know how much was coming)

#14 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

Cool Breeze, I was reading about how wonderful E-Benefits is and all the things you can do with it. Of course I always go about the hard way. Six months ago I started to try to use the big E. I call the 1-800 to sign up and they had to send me some paper work and I would have to go VA to see E-benefits group. They were not there all the the time. Once I did that and they to send the paper work to the DOD so I can get access. I got that access yesterday and it's pretty cool Cool Breeze! Question: Was that the right process to get access?

#15 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 705 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

Cool Breeze, I was reading about how wonderful E-Benefits is and all the things you can do with it. Of course I always go about the hard way. Six months ago I started to try to use the big E. I call the 1-800 to sign up and they had to send me some paper work and I would have to go VA to see E-benefits group. They were not there all the the time. Once I did that and they to send the paper work to the DOD so I can get access. I got that access yesterday and it's pretty cool Cool Breeze! Question: Was that the right process to get access?

Yes it was. Once you go to the VA and complete the process, then you get like a level 2 access. Once you get that, only then can use access everything such as-your monthly pay, print out award levels, or check your current rating,check your status of claims,ect. Now keep in mind that most of the time due to back logs you will not see any new information as e-benefit is not updated very often and when it is it may not always be correct. When that said there is also other fun things to print out as well. Have fun and pass it on.

#16 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Yes it was. Once you go to the VA and complete the process, then you get like a level 2 access. Once you get that, only then can use access everything such as-your monthly pay, print out award levels, or check your current rating,check your status of claims,ect. Now keep in mind that most of the time due to back logs you will not see any new information as e-benefit is not updated very often and when it is it may not always be correct. When that said there is also other fun things to print out as well. Have fun and pass it on.

Thanks, I did notice the my ON-line filing of June the updates were not there. Now I see the info that the 1-800 guy's read off to me. In getting your pass history of say the your vietnam medical record's, can I find them? The reason i need this is to remember something I loss. :wacko:

#17 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 705 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

Thanks, I did notice the my ON-line filing of June the updates were not there. Now I see the info that the 1-800 guy's read off to me. In getting your pass history of say the your vietnam medical record's, can I find them? The reason i need this is to remember something I loss. :wacko:

Medical records won't be posted there. I believe you will have to find out where your medical records are -send a letter to request them. Also the VA should be able to help with locating where they are. Normally when you retire now they wind up in your home state at the regional office such as what happened to mine. Perhaps someone here can post the different offices-links to request a copy depending on your branch of service. For those getting ready to retire or separate I highly encourage to obtain a personal copy of all your records before you separate. I have 2 copies of my medical records-keep them separated in case of a fire or theft.

#18 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

Medical records won't be posted there. I believe you will have to find out where your medical records are -send a letter to request them. Also the VA should be able to help with locating where they are. Normally when you retire now they wind up in your home state at the regional office such as what happened to mine. Perhaps someone here can post the different offices-links to request a copy depending on your branch of service. For those getting ready to retire or separate I highly encourage to obtain a personal copy of all your records before you separate. I have 2 copies of my medical records-keep them separated in case of a fire or theft.

Hey COOL BREEZE question is the Ebenefits shutdown on the weekend? I CAN GET IT TO WORK

#19 faofficer

faofficer

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

An easy method to obtain DOD access if you do not live near a VARO is to establish a Myhealthevet account at your local VAMC or CBOC. Each CBOC has an individual that can authenticate your myhealthevet account with two forms of photo id. You can then select the option to register for a premium ebenefits account through your myhealthevet account.

Edited by faofficer, 24 July 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#20 faofficer

faofficer

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hey COOL BREEZE question is the Ebenefits shutdown on the weekend? I CAN GET IT TO WORK

It appears some options are down this weekend, but I am still able to view my personal records. Looking at my last oer right now.

#21 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 705 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

It appears some options are down this weekend, but I am still able to view my personal records. Looking at my last oer right now.

It was down. There is a message section on there that does announce planned outages. Unplanned definitely surpass the planned outages. As far as I am concerned they can take a 1 month vacation as it never tells me anything new. I was able to order new hearing aid batteries last week on the site. Other than that and checking the next month pay the site is totally worthless unless you have recently had a claim completed, or get advanced notice one is coming down the pipe line. Then you can check the letter generator to see if you hit the lottery, or have to go back on food stamps!

At this time it is up and running. Mine showed nothing new. Good luck!!

#22 Commander Bob

Commander Bob

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

It was down. There is a message section on there that does announce planned outages. Unplanned definitely surpass the planned outages. As far as I am concerned they can take a 1 month vacation as it never tells me anything new. I was able to order new hearing aid batteries last week on the site. Other than that and checking the next month pay the site is totally worthless unless you have recently had a claim completed, or get advanced notice one is coming down the pipe line.

At this time it is up and running. Mine showed nothing new. Good luck!!

Thanks for the update, 'COOL BREEZE'.

Bob