Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo

Ptsd Psych Evaluation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hello, My VA doctor is scheduling me a ptsd psych evaluation soon, does anyone one know if this is I would be rated for ptsd if I have it during this eval?

#2 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22269 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Is the VBA sending your for a PTSD C&P exam or is this something your VA doctor is doing? Have you filed a claim for PTSD? Unless you file a claim for PTSD this exam is not going to result in a rating for PTSD.

#3 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Oh, Yes this is the just my VA doctor and no I have not filed a claim. Currently I am sc for airborne injuries in military. I took this test on the myvet web site because of so much of the things I have dealt with for years and it referred me to contact my doctor for further eval. I never knew about this PTSD until the recent exposure of more vets coming out with problems from war. Gues Ill wait and see what my eval says, not sure about claim? Thank you!!

Is the VBA sending your for a PTSD C&P exam or is this something your VA doctor is doing? Have you filed a claim for PTSD? Unless you file a claim for PTSD this exam is not going to result in a rating for PTSD.

#4 Testvet

Testvet

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2478 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

it sounds like your primary care doc is referring you to mental health and they will be the ones to determine if you have PTSD or not, it is not normally done in one visit I spent 4 months in the PTSD determination team taking tests and doing interviews with shrinks and PHDs and the resident did several of those computer type tests before they made the diagnosis of PTSD only then did I file the claim with the Regional office some will say file the claim and by the time the C&P gets scheduled you will have your diagnosis

#5 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

Thank you testvet! That helps me alot!

it sounds like your primary care doc is referring you to mental health and they will be the ones to determine if you have PTSD or not, it is not normally done in one visit I spent 4 months in the PTSD determination team taking tests and doing interviews with shrinks and PHDs and the resident did several of those computer type tests before they made the diagnosis of PTSD only then did I file the claim with the Regional office some will say file the claim and by the time the C&P gets scheduled you will have your diagnosis

#6 halos2

halos2

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

If your questionaire answers leads more towards a possible diagnosis of PTSD then put in a claim for it. If the Psych Dr gives you this Diagnosis and you have a nexus/contributing factors that signify this is you are one step ahead. So if you have the problems, and the diag, and the Dr wants repeated counseling you have your claim in to see if it warrants a granted % award. Put the claim in especially if your doc is setting you up for an exam for it. Be early rather than late.

#7 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

Thanks so much, God Bless!

If your questionaire answers leads more towards a possible diagnosis of PTSD then put in a claim for it. If the Psych Dr gives you this Diagnosis and you have a nexus/contributing factors that signify this is you are one step ahead. So if you have the problems, and the diag, and the Dr wants repeated counseling you have your claim in to see if it warrants a granted % award. Put the claim in especially if your doc is setting you up for an exam for it. Be early rather than late.

#8 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hello testvet, thought you might know alittle of whats next?

I went to a va psyche this week, according to them at the end of our session they told me I meet the criteria for ptsd, anxiety, depression from service and possible childhood trauma. I filed a claim, my question is do i go for a c and p or will they go with what the va doctor says?The regional rep said they put it on a fast claim thing, I should fill out some paper work and send back? On meds and have sessions they have scheduled me for months now.. Thanks for any input.
quote name='Testvet' timestamp='1301885961' post='240636']
[/quote]

#9 pigdriver

pigdriver

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

I believe you must have a PTSD C&P exam by a VA examiner, unless they've changed the rules. There is a wealth of information on the site home page related to PTSD claims, read all you can about this mental disorder. Start writing down the questions as they come then post your questions right here on hadit, you will get responses. By the way Welcome Home!

#10 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

I believe you must have a PTSD C&P exam by a VA examiner, unless they've changed the rules. There is a wealth of information on the site home page related to PTSD claims, read all you can about this mental disorder. Start writing down the questions as they come then post your questions right here on hadit, you will get responses. By the way Welcome Home!

Thanks pigdriver, its been a long road. God bless.