Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  IraqVet : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 PM) Anyone Recieveing Letters From Vfw To Applay For Tricare And Campava Supplimantal Insurance When You Do Not Have 100% Yet....mines Pending But I Wonder If They Know Something I Dont
@  Detonator : (19 August 2014 - 10:51 AM) Insomnia
@  jbasser : (18 August 2014 - 08:29 PM) Folks, Dont Miss The Hadit Radio Show Wed At 1Pm Eastern. The Basser Hour.
@  Thadine : (18 August 2014 - 12:23 PM) Nod
@  carlie : (18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM) Notapb1 - Might Get More Replies If You Post The Questions Into The Forums.
@  notapb1 : (18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM) Looking For Feedback. I Have Applied For Iu. Was Told To Come In For A Psych Eval And Diabetes Clinic. Received A Call From Va They Were Cancelling The Psych Eval As The Doc(?) Who Did It In March(Ptsd Increase) Was Asked For His Opinion And He Was Going To Submit That. This Is The Same Individual Who Told Me Off The Record About Iu And To Contact My Service Officer. Sounds Positive To Me, But I May Be A Little Bias. Thoughts?
@  waltbarb : (16 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Appeal
@  MarkInTexas : (16 August 2014 - 04:49 PM) Just Testing This "shout" Thing....... Have A Great Weekend Everybody!
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:40 PM) I Reset Firefox And Now Can Read- Probably Kok Issue (Kitties On The Keyboard)
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM) I Couldn't Read Posts So I Changed Theme To Ipboard Mobile. Now I Can Read And It Says Hadit Custom
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:32 PM) Raymondb50 - Probably Better To Post Your Question To The Board.
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:15 PM) Raymondbb50 - What Is It That You Want ?
@  raymondb50 : (15 August 2014 - 09:47 PM) How Do I Change Member Title And Group Info In My Profile?
@  carlie : (15 August 2014 - 08:37 PM) Just Saying Hi To All
@  WoundedWarrior : (14 August 2014 - 08:50 AM) Got Unofficial Word From The Vso - Unofficially Approved For Tdiu, Effective Date 6/3/2014
@  mrmark1999 : (13 August 2014 - 06:23 PM) Ok When You Call The 1800 # You Feel Like They Allways Have Heavy Call Volume
@  Notorious Kelly : (13 August 2014 - 06:08 AM) Hi Autumn - Those Links Aren't Working Thru Shoutbox; Maybe In A Regular Post. Thanks!
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://bit.ly/1Ojvi2B : Why Would A Doctor With A Sense Of Integrity And Really Good Medical Quals Want To Work At This Thug Org? Central Office Ties Their Hands Too Boot.
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://hrld.us/1Rohsam : Progress? Only In The Va Thuggery Imagination. How Many Of Us Got Denied On Nonsensical Logic And Now Wait More Years?
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) Http://bit.ly/1Pq966O : More Delay, Deny & Wait & Wait ... Nothing New For Many Of Us ...

Photo

Ptsd Psych Evaluation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hello, My VA doctor is scheduling me a ptsd psych evaluation soon, does anyone one know if this is I would be rated for ptsd if I have it during this eval?

Advertise Here

#2 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22185 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Is the VBA sending your for a PTSD C&P exam or is this something your VA doctor is doing? Have you filed a claim for PTSD? Unless you file a claim for PTSD this exam is not going to result in a rating for PTSD.

#3 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Oh, Yes this is the just my VA doctor and no I have not filed a claim. Currently I am sc for airborne injuries in military. I took this test on the myvet web site because of so much of the things I have dealt with for years and it referred me to contact my doctor for further eval. I never knew about this PTSD until the recent exposure of more vets coming out with problems from war. Gues Ill wait and see what my eval says, not sure about claim? Thank you!!

Is the VBA sending your for a PTSD C&P exam or is this something your VA doctor is doing? Have you filed a claim for PTSD? Unless you file a claim for PTSD this exam is not going to result in a rating for PTSD.

#4 Testvet

Testvet

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2478 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

it sounds like your primary care doc is referring you to mental health and they will be the ones to determine if you have PTSD or not, it is not normally done in one visit I spent 4 months in the PTSD determination team taking tests and doing interviews with shrinks and PHDs and the resident did several of those computer type tests before they made the diagnosis of PTSD only then did I file the claim with the Regional office some will say file the claim and by the time the C&P gets scheduled you will have your diagnosis

#5 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

Thank you testvet! That helps me alot!

it sounds like your primary care doc is referring you to mental health and they will be the ones to determine if you have PTSD or not, it is not normally done in one visit I spent 4 months in the PTSD determination team taking tests and doing interviews with shrinks and PHDs and the resident did several of those computer type tests before they made the diagnosis of PTSD only then did I file the claim with the Regional office some will say file the claim and by the time the C&P gets scheduled you will have your diagnosis

#6 halos2

halos2

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

If your questionaire answers leads more towards a possible diagnosis of PTSD then put in a claim for it. If the Psych Dr gives you this Diagnosis and you have a nexus/contributing factors that signify this is you are one step ahead. So if you have the problems, and the diag, and the Dr wants repeated counseling you have your claim in to see if it warrants a granted % award. Put the claim in especially if your doc is setting you up for an exam for it. Be early rather than late.

#7 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

Thanks so much, God Bless!

If your questionaire answers leads more towards a possible diagnosis of PTSD then put in a claim for it. If the Psych Dr gives you this Diagnosis and you have a nexus/contributing factors that signify this is you are one step ahead. So if you have the problems, and the diag, and the Dr wants repeated counseling you have your claim in to see if it warrants a granted % award. Put the claim in especially if your doc is setting you up for an exam for it. Be early rather than late.

#8 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hello testvet, thought you might know alittle of whats next?

I went to a va psyche this week, according to them at the end of our session they told me I meet the criteria for ptsd, anxiety, depression from service and possible childhood trauma. I filed a claim, my question is do i go for a c and p or will they go with what the va doctor says?The regional rep said they put it on a fast claim thing, I should fill out some paper work and send back? On meds and have sessions they have scheduled me for months now.. Thanks for any input.
quote name='Testvet' timestamp='1301885961' post='240636']
[/quote]

#9 pigdriver

pigdriver

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

I believe you must have a PTSD C&P exam by a VA examiner, unless they've changed the rules. There is a wealth of information on the site home page related to PTSD claims, read all you can about this mental disorder. Start writing down the questions as they come then post your questions right here on hadit, you will get responses. By the way Welcome Home!

#10 jhman

jhman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

I believe you must have a PTSD C&P exam by a VA examiner, unless they've changed the rules. There is a wealth of information on the site home page related to PTSD claims, read all you can about this mental disorder. Start writing down the questions as they come then post your questions right here on hadit, you will get responses. By the way Welcome Home!

Thanks pigdriver, its been a long road. God bless.

Advertise Here