Jump to content


Sign In or Register to post to our forums. Registration not required to read and search our forums.

HadIt.com Podcast Click Here Live and Archived Shows



This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 vet2010


    E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

  • Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

This is a hypothetical question but it could happen. I am awarded 100% Sc (true) but I am not P and T, what if VA decide to reduce my claim (hypothetical) to say maybe 70%, can I then file for TDIU, if so would I have to repay any money given to me by VA? The only money recieved is from the 100% Sc. I can't work and I am pending SSD................... Thanks for the input...........




#2 sharon



  • Seaman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

Is it a combined 100%? If the 70% meet the criteria for IU then yes you can file. There would be no reason to pay the VA back for monies received as you will be due processed before the reduction. Hopes this helps.

#3 john999


    HadIt.com Elder

  • HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22570 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

According to the VBM if the VA did reduce you to 70% then they should consider TDIU if you can't work.