Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (22 October 2014 - 05:26 AM) Britton Sent You A Pm
@  britton : (21 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Tbird, I Sent A Donation To Hadit Via Pay Pal...i Hope You Got It?
@  raven316 : (21 October 2014 - 01:59 PM) Glasses
@  iceturkee : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM) Good Luck Plum
@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 05:57 AM) Thank You Elliot K For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Timothy11 : (12 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Retro Pay
@  britton : (12 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Hey Everyone!!!......i Give A Shout!!!.......:)
@  Notorious Kelly : (11 October 2014 - 04:18 PM) Hey- There's Britton Right On Top Of The Dealy Bobber!
@  britton : (11 October 2014 - 08:47 AM) Hi Everyone! I Enjoy Reading This Site &please Remember M Fellow Veteran Brothers & Sisters Knowledge Is Power!

Photo
- - - - -

Ibs Rating Amounts?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 usmcman001

usmcman001

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

I am going to put in a claim for IBS. Was wondering if there is a format for what is rated on the severity of the problem. Also idf any of you have been SC for IBS what kind of treatments have you recieved from VA? I was told by DAV rep that IBS falls under gulf war syndrome. Any truth to this at all? Thanks

Advertise Here

#2 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28822 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

"I was told by DAV rep that IBS falls under gulf war syndrome. Any truth to this at all? Thanks "

Technically that is correct- however the VA does not compensate Gulf War Syndrome- they compensate chronic unexplained qualifying illness.(IBS is one of those illnesses)

This VA link explains this better and there is a wealth of info under Qualifying Chronic disability in our GW forum.

I have seen claims at the BVA for "Gulf War Syndrome" that were denied because the veteran did not explain the cluster of
symptoms well enough to fall into the VA's definition of a qualifying chronic unexplained illness.

Also there should be a Gulf War radio show I did at SVR some time on Gulf War syndrome in the SVR archives here as to how the VA defines these illnesses and also info about the nine new presumptives that are predominently residuals from infectious bacterial disease that was most likely incurred in Southwest East theatre.

http://www.publichea...osures/gulfwar/

#3 usmcman001

usmcman001

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

Thanks alot. This is some great info. Very interesting information. So if the dav is helping with claim I need to put in for chromic unexplained illness and not gulf war syndrome correct? Thanks again

#4 Berta

Berta

• SVR
  • 28822 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

I think either way to state it is OK if you add to the sentence I claim GWS or chronic unexplained illness due to my service in South West Asia as I have these chronic conditions
with no known etiology but for my service during the Gulf War.

It pays to go over the qualifying chronic disabilities that VA will SC so tat nothing is left out.

It would help as well to check out the BVA web site and search for Gulf War Syndrome or Gulf War illnesses and see how vets shaped their claims.

Edited by Berta, 08 October 2011 - 10:07 AM.

#5 Berta

Berta

• SVR
  • 28822 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

Here are 2 BVA awards to GW vets:

http://www.va.gov/ve...es2/1113856.txt

http://www.va.gov/ve...es1/1104151.txt

The full legal and medical criteria for these awards is found in the decisions.

#6 JT24usn

JT24usn

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

7319 ​Irritable colon syndrome (spastic colitis, mucous colitis, etc.):

​Severe; diarrhea, or alternating diarrhea and constipation, with more
​or less constant abdominal distress​30
​Moderate; frequent episodes of bowel disturbance with abdominal
​distress​10
​Mild, disturbances of bowel function with occasional episodes of
​abdominal distress​0

#7 Gulfvet45

Gulfvet45

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

You can be comped for IBS even if you are not a gulf war vet. It is a presumptive illness for anyone that was in Iraq from 2 Aug. 1990 until today.

To file for it (even under section 3.317) you will need a Dx of IBS. Then you will word your claim " I am filing a claim for IBS as a presumptive illness due to my service in the gulf war as per section 3.317 of title 38 of the CFR. I was given a Dx of IBS at XXX." next have a statement on just how bad it is and all of your symptoms.

I am going to put in a claim for IBS. Was wondering if there is a format for what is rated on the severity of the problem. Also idf any of you have been SC for IBS what kind of treatments have you recieved from VA? I was told by DAV rep that IBS falls under gulf war syndrome. Any truth to this at all? Thanks

You can be comped for IBS even if you are not a gulf war vet. It is a presumptive illness for anyone that was in Iraq from 2 Aug. 1990 until today.

To file for it (even under section 3.317) you will need a Dx of IBS. Then you will word your claim " I am filing a claim for IBS as a presumptive illness due to my service in the gulf war as per section 3.317 of title 38 of the CFR. I was given a Dx of IBS at XXX." next have a statement on just how bad it is and all of your symptoms.

Edited by Gulfvet45, 10 October 2011 - 12:52 PM.

Advertise Here