Search

Help fund HadIt.com. Please note HadIt.com is NOT a non-profit, there is no tax deduction for helping to fund HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC

We have been very lucky since 1997 in being able to fund the site from advertising and my own pocket. Unfortunately my pockets are empty and revenue for the site is down. So if you want to help keep the site funded please use the button below and help fund the site.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  lcurle : (22 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Ebennies Is Down: Error Code [47]: The System Is Currently Unavailable. Please Try Again Later. If This Problem Continues, You May Contact The Dmdc Support Center (Dsc) At 800-477-8227 For Assistance.
@  Notorious Kelly : (21 September 2014 - 07:04 AM) Thanks, T, And Kudos To Kacy!
@  Tbird : (21 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Forum Is Back Up And Running. We Lost Some Posts, But Were Able To Restore All The Posts To Sep 17. A Big Thank You To Member Kacy For Volunteering And Getting This Fixed.
@  raptorick : (20 September 2014 - 10:12 PM) Posts After The 17Th Are Missing
@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Still No Letter In The Mail, But I Think I Was Denied. Feeling Depressed!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) Claim Closed On The 8Th, Its 3 Days Later And Ebenefits Still Shows My Same Old Rating.
@  Rotor Head : (11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM) Remember, The 'e' In Ebennies Stands For Entertainment. :blink:
@  ssgtob1 : (11 September 2014 - 05:14 AM) Got Back In, No Change The Last 10 Times I Checked It :(
@  Notorious Kelly : (10 September 2014 - 07:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Back "up" (But I Can't Do Anything In It) ;)
@  carlie : (10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM) Good - They Should Be Helping The Vets In The Virgin Islands - They Should Be Helping All Vets That Can't Earn A Living Due To Something They Experienced On Active Duty.
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:37 PM) I Saw On Va.gov That They Are Helping The Homeless Vets In The Us Virgin Islands....im In!
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:35 PM) You Must Be A Patient Man To Check It Only Every 10 Minutes, I Hit F5 Every 3 Seconds!
@  ssgtob1 : (10 September 2014 - 12:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Down :( Now I Cant Check It Every 10 Minutes

Photo
- - - - -

The Va Called Me?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Deacon 2011

Deacon 2011

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

OK, while sitting here trying to figure out how I'm going to pay to get my truck fixed... phone rings, and it's the VA (WHAT???). After nearly two years... so, the lady tells me she's responsible for my claim, it's very old (imagine that) and that if I can verify some info, she's taking the claim into rating right now (claim is for IU). Again she states, the claim is old, needs to be decided blah, blah.

Checked eBenefits and sure enough, it indicates the form 21-0820 (statement of general record) from our conversation and the status shows that it is now pending approval. Still can't believe they called me, perhaps the end of this soap opera is finally near. BTW, I've never seen such a more accurate status of my claims info on eBenefits before.

Advertise Here

#2 justrluk

justrluk

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

Great! Let's hope the final decision is in your favor. At least the call puts a bit of human contact with an inhuman process.

#3 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22141 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

Wonderful news to read !

#4 Moody

Moody

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

thats great the va called me too but it was at like 630am and I was asleep as I work at night so I missed it but left a message saying they where still in development and awaiting final appoval I called the 800 number and they said it was pending final review I dont know what all that means seems if it is still in development have can it be in final reveiw but I am hopping this means the wait is almost over. so good luck to you hope it means you will be getting your envolope soon.

#5 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22221 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

The VA called me a few years back about a SMC claim I had filed. First they asked if I had any other information. Then a few weeks later they called and told me my claim was approved. I could not believe it either. They had deferred the claim for a year and I was getting angry sending them letters and I even sent in a NOD saying there was no reason to defer it.

#6 Moody

Moody

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

Yeah I am not to smart with all the va stuff I just hope for the best but expect the worst.

#7 NJBB62

NJBB62

• PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:05 AM

This just happened to me, but I did not get a call, Once someone finally picked up my folder Claim was completed in 3 days.

I hope yours goes just as fast.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

NJ

#8 Papa

Papa

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:08 AM

A Call :unsure:. Very Happy for you. I would be thankful right now for a form letter telling me that I have not been forgotten :rolleyes:

Papa

#9 Moody

Moody

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

I was glad when they called me but that was like a month ago and still nothing :(

#10 Deacon 2011

Deacon 2011

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

Well, I noticed tonight that the claim was done (eBenefits). Hopefully, at some point before the New Year I can insert a post into the success forum on this site. It's funny, they've had everything for months, seems like the lady rating my claim just picked it up one day and "poof" it was done. I've followed the "Law of Hadit", all "I's" dotted, "T's" crossed, checked, copied, and certified!

I was glad when they called me but that was like a month ago and still nothing :(

#11 Moody

Moody

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Yeah I hope to one day make apostles to the success forum myself. If I dont withdraw my claim first. I would rather no be expecting anything and just get on with my life and face the fact that I am gonna have to work even with all my issues. And that's what it is some person had your claim on there desk for months and then they felt like doing something that day so they picked it up spent and hour maybe two looking at it.

#12 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22221 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

Moody

I think they can rate your claim any time they want to rate it. Imagine the VARO rating office.....piles of claims, slow moving clerks and raters sipping their coffee. Our individual claims are just not a priority for these people. If you write your claim in a way that a 2nd grader can understand that is your best bet. The best thing is to just get on with your life if you can while checking every month to see if there is anything missing from your claim. Sometimes the VA will stop your claim while they wait for something you could provide yourself. I call them and ask them if they are waiting on anything or if there is something missing like a DD214.

#13 Moody

Moody

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Yeah I have thought about what's going on in the raters office. I call too but the thing is noone knows what's going because noone communicates with each other and there is no accountability with the va if u could talk to someone at ur RO like when u use to call the 800 number u could probaly get better information.

Advertise Here