Photo
- - - - -

The Va Gave Gulf War Vet Another 5 Yrs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 usmc89

usmc89

E-3 Seaman

• Third Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

Here is the link

http://www.va.gov/op...ase.cfm?id=2239

#2 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28061 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

THANKS for the link- this is good news!

#3 sleeper692

sleeper692

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

This is good news! Thanks for posting the link.

Now, if they would just make it P&T and quit futzing with the date we won't have to go through this again in five years.

But maybe by then the VA will actually recognize all the current research, educate ALL their docs about GWI (not to mention VBA and their claims raters) and maybe, just maybe they will start treating gulf war vet's like real patients and not a bunch of lunatics. It's all about the education and the VA is doing a poor job of it.

This is a good start though. There is a lot of GWI research that is going to come to a head in the coming year. My one and only New Year's resolution is to start a campaign to get the VA to pay attention to the government sponsored research and get that information to the doctors that are treating the gulf war vets. Millions of dollars are being spent on research yet the doctors who have hands on the patients don't have a friggin' clue about what is going on with GWI. I would call that dereliction of duty. Or ignorance. Either way, those of us with GWI aren't getting the proper medical care and that needs to change. I'm curious what will happen with the pilot Gulf War Clinic trial at the Salt Lake (?) VA.

Ok.....I'm done preaching to the choir.

Happy New Year everyone!

#4 manning01

manning01

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

Man this is great news for me so I have time now to get my claim together in the next few months. I thought I had ran out of time. Thanks for the GOOD NEWS....

#5 sleeper692

sleeper692

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

You can read the actual text of the Interim Final Rule and submit comments for the next 30 days (from date of publication) here:
AO09 - Interim Final Rule - Compensation for Certain Disabilities Due to Undiagnosed and Medically Unexplained Chronic Multi-Symptom Illnesses