Photo

Depressive And Anxiety Disorders, Not Otherwise Specified

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 chemdogg

chemdogg

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

I would appreciate any help in this matter I have. I received my P&T 100% status in october of 2011, for Depressive and anxiety disorders, not otherwise specified . However, they scheduled me for an exam in 2017, im curious as to what thats about. I know I need to keep seeing my Psychiatrist and the Mental health counselor/social worker I see. However, I talked to the VSO and he said he never heard of a person that gets 100% p&T getting scheduled for an exam after being awarded the decison for 100% P&T. Sorry if I am rambling my concentration is so bad. Anyway, does anyone knwo why I would get scheduled for an exam in 2017?

#2 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21817 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

It is probably a mistake.

#3 scscrewed

scscrewed

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

I've heard of mental health P and T still getting exams. Odd, I know, but it happens. You could call the VARO and see if you can get it straightened out, or your VSO could, but I think they do this often.

#4 Wings

Wings

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12762 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

x
x
x

They did the same thing to me. I called the VARO and told them they made a mistake scheduling me for an exam. They fixed it, updated the compter. ~Wings

#5 chemdogg

chemdogg

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Ok two more questions,

My regional Varo is in St. Paul, Mn thats where I should call? Also, Who should I talk to at the Varo?

Thanks to everyone on this site that helps veterans in need of answers!!!

#6 usmcgirl

usmcgirl

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

I agree also that it is probably a mistake. I would get ahold of your VSO that helped you with your claim and ask them or when you check in for your therapy ask the PSA to double check it in their computer also. They (if they are like mine) are really helpful and can also get you the number to call and who you should speak to if they don't just do it on your behalf.

#7 chemdogg

chemdogg

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

Well, I had the retired local VSO help me file paperwork and I did the leg work to get all my paperwork filed and sent in. The VSO that is here isnt worth crap. I sat in his office telling him what the retired VSO had told me to do, he had to call the retired VSO while i sat there getting info. The guy has been doing this job for 3 years, and cant buy a clue. Not trying to sound disrespectful, but I prefer to ask people who know and have been where I am at. I do appreciate the Veterans on this site for the help. What and or who is the PSA, I have never heard that term.

Thank you for all the help , it is appreciated.