Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?
@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 05:07 PM) Correction Jan 20. 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 18 Year Anniversary
@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 11:38 AM) Jan 20, 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 19 Year Anniversary, That's Amazing.
@  britton : (23 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) I Got It Tbird Thank You
@  Tbird : (22 October 2014 - 05:26 AM) Britton Sent You A Pm
@  britton : (21 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Tbird, I Sent A Donation To Hadit Via Pay Pal...i Hope You Got It?
@  raven316 : (21 October 2014 - 01:59 PM) Glasses
@  iceturkee : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM) Good Luck Plum
@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign

Photo

Major Depressive Disorder Granted At 70%

DEPRESSION ANXIETY PANIC ATTACKS DISORDER STRESS STRESS RELATED ALLERGIC RHINITIS PATELLAFEMORAL PAIN SYNDROME

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 xpertshot

xpertshot

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

I recieved a yellow envelope from the San Diego, CA RO. In it was my award letter showing my award for increased evaluation and new claims.

INCREASED EVALUATION TO 80%

1. Major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder - 70%
2. Allergic rhinitis - 10%
3. Patellafemoral pain syndrome, Right - 10% (continued)
4. Patellafemoral pain syndrome, Left - 10% (continued)
5. Left shoulder tendinitis - DEFERRED
6. Entitlement to Individual Unemployability - DEFERRED

*Both backdated to Aug. 24, 2010

7. Left elbow strain - denied
8. Left wrist sprain - denied
9. Left Achilles tendinitis- denied

*denied because the above mentioned items are not "CHRONIC". "A disability which began in service or was caused by some event in service must be considered "Chronic" before service connection can be granted. Although there is record of treatment in service.... There is no evidence of continuity fo treatment from the date of discharge from active duty to present."

They didnt pay for my dependents on this RETRO, but I already sent in my forms to update my records and can see they are working on it on ebenefits.

They put in the claim for IU on their own, does this mean it has a higher probability that it will be approved?

Thanks everyone for your help. Its been a long time waiting, a lot of things lost over this period of waiting. I can now begin to plan for my future with my family again. I'm waiting to hopfully hear something today from a rental I applied for so I can move out on my own with my family. Keeping my fingers crossed. Although this is only a partial descision, I am hopeful that the remaining items on my claim will be resolved in my favor. Keeping my fingers crossed. The fight is not over yet!

xpertshot
San Diego, CA

#2 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Congrats! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

#3 justrluk

justrluk

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

Great!

#4 iceturkee

iceturkee

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

I recieved a yellow envelope from the San Diego, CA RO. In it was my award letter showing my award for increased evaluation and new claims.

*denied because the above mentioned items are not "CHRONIC". "A disability which began in service or was caused by some event in service must be considered "Chronic" before service connection can be granted. Although there is record of treatment in service.... There is no evidence of continuity fo treatment from the date of discharge from active duty to present."

They didnt pay for my dependents on this RETRO, but I already sent in my forms to update my records and can see they are working on it on ebenefits.

They put in the claim for IU on their own, does this mean it has a higher probability that it will be approved?

Thanks everyone for your help. Its been a long time waiting, a lot of things lost over this period of waiting. I can now begin to plan for my future with my family again. I'm waiting to hopfully hear something today from a rental I applied for so I can move out on my own with my family. Keeping my fingers crossed. Although this is only a partial descision, I am hopeful that the remaining items on my claim will be resolved in my favor. Keeping my fingers crossed. The fight is not over yet!

xpertshot

mine was deff=ered when the va granted me 30 percent for depression because of a comment made by my examiner. although, i was only 60 percent combined, the va scheduled 2 c&p exams for me, then granted IU aabout 3 months after they adjudicated the depression.
San Diego, CA

Edited by iceturkee, 21 January 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#5 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22263 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

Have you filed out the official form for TDIU? I don't know anyone who has a 70% rating for depression who can actually hold a job. Same for PTSD. These things cause you to miss work and unless you work for the VA you are usually gone in six months. It is time to put in SSD claim.

#6 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 22180 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

1st - congrats on receiving some positive adjudication.
2nd - when a rating decision finds they claimant to be 70 percent or higher SC'd,
they are supposed to adress / infer the issue of IU.
JMHO

#7 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22263 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

If the VA has evidence that a veteran is unemployable due to SC condition they are supposed to infer possible TDIU. I got this from VBM. They used example of vet with foot odor. The VA sets up arbitrary limits and rating criteria as far as inferring things. They are supposed to infer possible HB if a vet is 100% schedular for one disability.

#8 NJBB62

NJBB62

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

Congrats!

#9 Computer Tech

Computer Tech

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Congradulations

Rick

#10 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22180 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Be sure to check out if this 70 % makes you eligible for any additional
State benefits.

In Florida - a vet rated at 100 % P&T get exempt from property taxes
on their main residence.
Also for vets SC'd even at 10 % in Fla - their is an additional property
tax exemption.

#11 iceturkee

iceturkee

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:39 AM

Be sure to check out if this 70 % makes you eligible for any additional
State benefits.

In Florida - a vet rated at 100 % P&T get exempt from property taxes
on their main residence.
Also for vets SC'd even at 10 % in Fla - their is an additional property
tax exemption.

i'm in florida and knew about the 100% (just got my state id card) but i didn't know about 10%. but then i don't own a home here either. good to know.

#12 xpertshot

xpertshot

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Ok, I submitted my forms requesting individual unemployability, actually beat ebenefits to the punch! So now I'm sitting on "gathering of evidence" according to ebenefits.

I checked for state benefits and found that I can get a reduced rate fishing and hunting license. I purchased the fishing license for around $6 vs. $42. Thank you California. I also qualify for a state parks pass that I need to send the request in for. The pass will allow me access to all CA state parks, free of charge. This will be frequently used and appreciated.

I'm still trying to build up the nerve to go to social security and start the process with them....

is there a hadit.com for social security??? LOL

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. There are so many benefits out there that are kept from public knowledge. I'm glad I can count on the people that understand what I'm going through, and what I've been through just to make it this far.

Best regards,

Jimmie

#13 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• 21867 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

Congrats and if you have not applied for SSD please do it today.

Any evide3nce of not being able to work should be sent to VA as soon as possible.

Good Luck the heavy lifting is done but still work to do on your claim.

#14 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • 28833 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

You did very well with your claim.

By all means , as Pete said, apply for SSDI if you meet their work credit criteria and any other criteria in this link:

http://www.socialsec...CFUlN4AodwTbh4A

You can begin the SSDI process on line.

#15 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22180 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

xpertshot
San Diego, CA

What all exactly, does the rating decision state regarding IU ?
carlie

#16 Loose Cannon

Loose Cannon

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Great news...Congrats! To answer your question about locating Social Security Disability info, this may help:

Hadit has a great deal of info from vets going through the process...Scroll down in the Forums and under the "Extras" header click on "Social Security Disability Questions".

Also...I found another website very useful for picking up good info: Veterans Benefits Network. Here's a link below...

http://vets.yuku.com...Issues-SSDI-SSI

Good Luck and hope this can help you out. Going through the process myself...takes a lot of patience and determination to keep trying as it is in many ways similar to dealing with the VA.
LC