Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo

Initial Claim (Big Brown Envelope)

Claim rated

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 CShock

CShock

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

First let me say thanks to all who have come to my aid and answered any questions over the last 10 months, in my time of confusion and frustration.

AND now for the good stuff.

I am currently rated at 60% with 1 contention being defered, 1 contention requiring additional information and two contentions denied. I took advantage of the BDD (filed 6 months before) and my ED is 1 Mar 11, here is the breakdown:

Strain right shoulder - 20%
Degenerative joint disease, cervical spine - 20%
Degenerative joint disease, right knee - 10%
Right wrist - 10%
Left knee painful motion - 10%
Tinnitus - 10%
Hypertension 10%
Gout - 0%
Strain left knee, limited flexion - 0%
Bi-lateral hearing loss - 0%
Shin splints - denied
Cellulitus - denied

Earlier this week the local VAMC called and fit me in for an appointment for the contention which was defered. I have 5 scars on my right knee, 14 inches long and Ithink they will fall under 7804. My last contention is sleep apnea. I previously sent in my information when I received my VCAA asking if I wanted to send in additional information. I had sent three IRIS request because my SA was not indicated as part of my claim and then around the beginning of Dec, I received a reply stating that my SA was part of the claim. No worries I will resend my report, SMR with SA mentioned and my receipt for the CPAP equipment. This seems like a no-brainer but this website has taught me to expect the unexpected. Needless to say I'm thrilled about the intial rating and the thought of receiving a higher rating due to the aforementioned contentions is somewhat surreal.

Finally my dependency status is incorrect, even though I had also previously provided this information, but again from reading the various post on this site, I'm not totally surprised it happend.

Two quick questions, ebene, states that I need to submit information regarding my sleep apnea claim; will I receive another VCAA with this information or should I just resend my supporting documentation with a letter explaining why I'm sending the information. My gut tells me that I should receive another VCAA or some sort of form exist which I must complete which will accompany my supporting documentation. Secondly I moved from the state where I made my initial claim, should I enlist the help of the local VSO prior to submitting the aforementioned information to insure the proverbial "i's" and "t's" are dotted and crossed?

Thanks again to all and I hope to have more good news regarding my rating

Shock

#2 bluehen2859

bluehen2859

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

Congratulations! This is wonderful!

#3 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22212 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Congrats on getting positive adjudication.
Spend wisely.

#4 johnjjr

johnjjr

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Congratulations. You may or may not get another VCAA (you're dealing with the VA) so resubmit the info you mentioned to make sure they have it. Good luck on the rest of your claim.

#5 CShock

CShock

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Thank you and thanks for the advice.

Shock

#6 Notorious Kelly

Notorious Kelly

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1227 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Bravo, Shock!

Enjoy! Posted Image

#7 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

Congrats! Btw...like your profile pic!

#8 cooter

cooter

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

Good for you!!!...Congrats

Coot

#9 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21877 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

You are doing well. Do what they ask as quick as you can without skipping. List your issues by number and work straight through them. Refer to each thing that is asked for or needs paperworkl or medical proof.

Good Luck

#10 Rover

Rover

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Congratulations on receiving your initial claim. Hopefully your SA will be awarded soon.

#11 Medic

Medic

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Congratulations! This is awesome news!!!

#12 NJBB62

NJBB62

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Congrats, That is Great News!

NJ

#13 CShock

CShock

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thanks all. I have my C&P report for the scars contention, can I send this to the RO myself or should I just let the VAMC handle this, since the RO made the request to them. Obviously I want to spend things up (in a VA relative term) as much as possible.

Thanks