Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo
- - - - -

Problems With My Fathers Sc Disability Payments

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 augoldminer

augoldminer

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

I am the son of a WW2 veteran and we had a problem with my fathers payments to the bank starting in January 2011 due to some changes in his accounts at the bank we had to make due to him being under the Power of Attorney because he had Alzheimer

The bank started to to send his direct deposit checks back to the VA for his disability(100% SC) without telling us first.

We tried to get the payment restored and get the money going back to his account and the VA was dragging there feet.

In Nov my father passed from the Alzheimer and now as Executor of an estate i am trying to get the money for the estate.

Our local county VA rep told my sister in law that we may never be able to get it for the estate.

i know they take back the last payment but that still leaves about $26.730 that he earned and was owed. we need part to pay his final bills and the rest is part of his estate.

i don't want to have to take this to my congressman or senator but as the Executor its part of my duties to get this solved

#2 Teac

Teac

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

1. The estate is legally entitled to all funds owed to your father to include the last months payment regardless of the day of the month when he passed.

2. Reimbursement of Burial Expenses: VA will pay a burial allowance up to $2,000 if the Veteran’s death is service-connected. In such cases, the person who bore the Veteran’s burial expenses may claim reimbursement from VA.
In some cases, VA will pay the cost of transporting the remains of a Veteran whose death was service-connected to the nearest national cemetery with available gravesites. There is no time limit for filing reimbursement claims in service-connected death cases.
Burial Allowance: VA will pay a $300 burial and funeral allowance for Veterans who, at time of death, were entitled to receive pension or compensation or would have been entitled if they were not receiving military retirement pay. Eligibility also may be established when death occurs in a VA facility, a VA-contracted nursing home or a State Veterans nursing home. In cases in which the Veteran’s death was not service-connected, claims must be filed within two years after burial or cremation.
Plot Allowance: VA will pay a plot allowance when a Veteran is buried in a cemetery not under U.S. government jurisdiction if: the Veteran was discharged from active duty because of disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty; the Veteran was receiving compensation or pension or would have been if the Veteran was not receiving military retired pay; or the Veteran died in a VA facility.
The plot allowance may be paid to the state for the cost of a plot or interment in a state-owned cemetery reserved solely for Veteran burials if the Veteran is buried without charge. Burial expenses paid by the deceased’s employer or a state agency will not be reimbursed.

see the book for veterans, ependants and survivors for more information: http://www.va.gov/op...nefits_book.asp

#3 sharon

sharon

HadIt.com Elder/Moderator

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

http://www.vba.va.go...-21-601-ARE.pdf

This is the form that you need to fill out.

#4 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22213 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

http://www.vba.va.go...-21-601-ARE.pdf

This is the form that you need to fill out.

T O U C H E

#5 augoldminer

augoldminer

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Thank you, been busy the job of a executor of a estate is not for the faint hearted

#6 JR Reihs

JR Reihs

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Thank you, been busy the job of a executor of a estate is not for the faint hearted

Good info given here, yet a question. Did the VA recognize the POA due to your fathers condition, or was he ever considered incompetent by the VA?