Advertise Here

Photo
- - - - -

Compensation Rate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I thought we got a raise in compensation payments this year? I am still receiving the same amount that I got last year. I thought the new rates were effective December 2011. Can someone explain?

Advertise Here

#2 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

http://www.vba.va.go.../21/Rates/#BM01

here are the rates. Look them up. old rate for 90 percent is 1604 new rate is 1661.
this is single vet only

#3 JayBrown1

JayBrown1

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

I am still receiving the same amount as last year. I guess someone over looked my raise.

#4 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Jay. That totally sucks.
I would call the VA up and ask them to tell you what you are receiving monthly. When they tell you ask them what happened to your cola.

Keep me posted.

J

#5 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21759 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Mine went up on January 1st. Call and get that cleared up. Good Luck the VA is usually good about fixing mistakes like that

#6 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22164 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

I look at what a vet getting 70% is getting and what this means is the vet is only 30% able bodied. The 70% vet gets just a very small amount of money since most of those guys have a very hard time working. You only get 40% if you lose a leg below the knee. That is really chump change.

#7 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

I look at what a vet getting 70% is getting and what this means is the vet is only 30% able bodied. The 70% vet gets just a very small amount of money since most of those guys have a very hard time working. You only get 40% if you lose a leg below the knee. That is really chump change.

John, that make no sense, because I get 60% for PN on my left leg of course its Secondary. But it still there and if I lost it from the knee down, I would beleive 100% for that. Thats wrong!

#8 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22164 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Yes, it does not make sense at all. I know that for loss of an eye it is 40% if there are no other secondary conditions. The loss of a leg above the knee is 100% I think. Your PN must include areas above the knee, but I am guessing. Vets often get more for the loss of the lower leg because their are secondary or residual conditions like PTSD for instance or back problems etc. If a vet with a couple of pretty severe conditions gets 90% he gets less than $2000 a month. This means the vet is only 10% able bodied. Unless he gets TDIU he will have one hell of a hard time getting the extra percentage to get 100% which is almost an extra 1000 bucks and many other goodies. If you are a 60%-90% vet there is every incentive to go for TDIU and no incentive not to go for it. The only incentive I can see is for a very young vet who has his whole life ahead of him. Any vet over 40 has every incentive to go for TDIU P&T. The system is perverse. I was 51 when I got 70% and was already on SSD since I had been fired from my so-called career job. I had been disabled for the five years prior but finally gave into nature. I went to voc rehab but the counselor told me I would probably not benefit because of my disabilites and my rate of pay. Nobody would hire me even if I could do the work because of age.

John

#9 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• 21759 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

John, that make no sense, because I get 60% for PN on my left leg of course its Secondary. But it still there and if I lost it from the knee down, I would beleive 100% for that. Thats wrong!

I would like to know what really makes sense at VA. Cdertainly not the way they use VA math or claim they help Vets when they don't?

Advertise Here